The stubborness

The Fresh PtwP

10 hours ago, The Twinslayer said:

I am convinced that Lysa Arryn did not kill Jon Arryn.  The only reason to think that is true is her confession.  But she was mad by that point.  Also, Littlefinger outright tells Sansa that she can convince herself that something is true just by repeating the lie to herself over and over again. 

Littlefinger convinced Lysa that she killed Jon in order to make it look like he had orchestrated everything.  But he hadn't.  There was no way for him to know that Jon Arryn's death would have the consequences it had (Ned coming south, etc.).  He is just taking credit after the fact to make himself look more important to Lysa.

Now this is interesting. I will be working on a Baelish reread in the near future, include what he thought would happen after killing Jon Arryn. I think Baelish was hoping to be the next Hand then when Robert headed North he had the letter sent.

3 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I don't think Jon will sit the Iron Throne either. I fact, I don't think he will ever travel south of Winterfell. 

I think he will have an Hour of the Wolf similar to Cregan but then head back North where he belongs.

3 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Agreed. If you check notablog, you will see an announcement that George is writing another tome on Cregan's six magical days as hand to a child. Cregan could not do seven days because that would go against his religion ;)

Har!

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Arya will survive the series. 

Coldhands is not anybody we know, but also not just a meat-suit for Bloodraven.

Bloodraven is a good guy and unsung hero of Westeros.

You can have my belief in these when GRRM pries them from my traumatized, reading hands.

Arya will survive as Nymeria.

Coldhands is Lord Commander Hoare.

I want Bloodraven to be a good but I really don't trust the Children of the Forest.

6 minutes ago, KingMance said:

Dany is going mad and/or will end up dead. 

Here here.

Also I think nothing will make me believe that HS=HR. I can easily disprove it based on the text. Granted I have a fun idea on who it might be but its crackpot and a work in progress.

2 minutes ago, The Fresh PtwP said:

Who do you think it is?

A Darry. Namely Lord Darry, Raymun's father. I know we are supposed to think all the Darry's are dead but I am not so sure.

Tom Sevenstrings took up the count. "Alyn of Winterfell, Joth Quick-bow, Little Matt and his sister Randa, Anvil Ryn. Ser Ormond. Ser Dudley. Pate of Mory, Pate of Lancewood, Old Pate, and Pate of Shermer's Grove. Blind Wyl the Whittler. Goodwife Maerie. Maerie the Whore. Becca the Baker. Ser Raymun Darry, Lord Darry, young Lord Darry. The Bastard of Bracken. Fletcher Will. Harsley. Goodwife Nolla—"

I also keep wondering why Pate of the Blue Fork (Sevenstreams) isn't on the list. He is Tom's cousin after all.

Lyanna is the Knight of the Laughing Tree.

I wouldn't like it if this turns out to be true, even though many people adhere to this theory.

It would be more unusual and interesting if Howland was the Knight, or even if Lyanna, Howland and Benjen were the Knight,

at different times:P.

9 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Rhaegar played his harp and it brought Lyanna to tears?  Why?  Because the song reminded her of a former lover, Mance. 

A former lover???? At what age? Lyanna is 14 or 15 when Rhaegar crowns her at Harrenhall…

So... I stubbornly believe from the beginning (= my first read) and never changed my mind about (perhaps I'm wrong, I don't care ^^): 

- Sam, Arya and Sansa (and I hope Rickon) will survive

- Tyrion is Tywin's son (I confess, I didn't even imagined that people had theorized that he could be Aerys' bastard before I read a fan's forum)

- Ramsay wrote the pink letter (my concession is that the letter was open and Bowen Marsh and co knew what it contained before Jon read it)

- Jaime is Cersei's valonqar. 

- Daenerys is Azor Ahai reincarnated

I think I changed my mind for all the rest. And for some, I changed many times. 

14 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

<snip

Arya will survive as Nymeria.

Coldhands is Lord Commander Hoare.

I want Bloodraven to be a good but I really don't trust the Children of the Forest.

I meant Arya surviving as Arya. I will continue to cling to that belief.

I don't know Lord Commander Hoare (only know of him from the text) so that works fine.

I don't have a feeling one way or the other on the CotF.

6 minutes ago, DarkSister1001 said:

Same here.  I.  Just.  Don't.  Buy.  It.

I stubbornly stick by R+L=J. 

I also stand firmly by @Sly Wrens:  Jon is the SotM. 

Martin set the trap and so many were caught in it! That's Jojen Paste for me in a nutshell. 

Clinging. to R+L=J is not stubborness, it's common sense! :P

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Martin set the trap and so many were caught in it! That's Jojen Paste for me in a nutshell. 

Clinging. to R+L=J is not stubborness, it's common sense! :P

Jojen paste is tooootally logical :lol: I'm eating it now and washing it down with a good cider. 

13 minutes ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

Jojen paste- I refuse to believe it to be true.

Spoken with Darth Sidious's voice...

"Never fear the darkness, Bran. The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong."

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Jojen paste is tooootally logical :lol: I'm eating it now and washing it down with a good cider. 

Good cider is almost a contradiction in terms! :P

Now, if you had said a good and aged single malt...

Archived