Other books similar to The world of ice and fire?

On 2.3.2017 at 10:21 PM, The Grey Wolf said:

Never heard of it so can you describe it?

Also, another one that might interest you would be Diablo III: Book of Tyrael, which is separate from Diablo III: Book of Cain. Again, I don't own either of those nor have I read them myself so I can't comment on their quality and whether or not they're worth your time.

It`s a fictional natural history book about the Skull island used in Peter Jacksons 2005 king kong movie, about all the animal,s humans and such on the island. The premise is that after the movie, ad bunch of expeditions set out for the island to do some reseatch on it, and the books describes their findings. Here is a short preview of the book: https://books.google.no/books?id=JtdI-BuTEhgC&printsec=frontcover&hl=no&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

The art in the book is outstanding,

9 hours ago, DreadedNorwegian said:

It`s a fictional natural history book about the Skull island used in Peter Jacksons 2005 king kong movie, about all the animal,s humans and such on the island. The premise is that after the movie, ad bunch of expeditions set out for the island to do some reseatch on it, and the books describes their findings. Here is a short preview of the book: https://books.google.no/books?id=JtdI-BuTEhgC&printsec=frontcover&hl=no&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

The art in the book is outstanding,

Thanks for answering!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11.2.2017 at 6:39 PM, The Grey Wolf said:

On WOW: Have you read the WOW Chronicle: Volume 1 that came out last year and if so what did you make of it? I haven't played the game but I love world-building, which is why I got it.

Bought it and read it. Pretty "meh". For a book that is supposed to teach you about the universe it does a very bad job, particularly about the early history of the universe and such. And there is far to little art, lore about many of the minor races and such. I would give it a 4/10 tbh.

Thoght I would make a litte list of the lore/world buidling books i have gotten so far, and rank them in order from best to worst;

1. The world of ice and fire (Plenty of exelent art and  a LOT of interesting information.

2. The World of Kong (Could easily be on the top spot as well, some of the best art and info I`ve ever seen!)

3. The World of Thedas (Based on the dragon age series, pretty good art and neat backstories)

4. The world of the Witcher (Some new art, but a lot of the images are reused from the games or staight up in-game screenshots. Spends far to much time on Geralt`s story and not enough on the monsters and other races.

5. Warcraft chronicle volume 1 (hard to understand, not enough art, practically no info on the lands themselves and the minor races, written more like a novel than a lore/ world building book)

Archived