Which cities will get sacked in the future?

CornishDornish

We all know that the next book in the series is going to be darker than the previous ones. I think one of the reasons why is that the main POV characters will witness a lot of bloodshed and depravity and I think another city sacking like what happened at Kings Landing is on the cards.

But which city or cities?

Oldtown - We know Euron and his reavers are lurking about nearby and the sample chapter of Aeron suggests that he's planning something magical to blow away the Redwynne and Oldtown fleets. Most of the Lannisters are too busy holding Kings Landing together and the Tyrells have already been weakened by Euron's attacks on the Reach so if Euron wins the battle at sea Oldtown is likely a sitting duck.

Volantis - With Khal Pono upriver waiting (for something) and with the Volantis navy en route to join the war against Dany the city is another sitting duck. Pirates coming out of the Basilik isles could raid the coast whilst the Dothraki up north of the city could attack now that they know the Golden Company are also far away.

What do other people think?

5 minutes ago, CornishDornish said:

Lannisport? Lemme guess....Dany? :P

If Tyrion becomes an advisor for her I could see that happening for the gold.  Tyrion wants Casterly Rock.  I think he'd sacrifice one to get the other.  The Ironborn have a history sacking it too so I wouldn't put that past them either. 

Yunkai, Mereen, Volantis, Qohor, Norvos, and Pentos - all foreshadowed to fall during Dany's return with Dorhtraki khalasar.

Oldtown - first Euron and ironborn will attack it and get whatever knowledge or weapon Crow's Eye needs, then second and final time by Dany and her dragons where she will set the base of Hightower made of black oily stone on fire and make the tower burn like a candle and "Light the way". Hightowers will be allied with Aegon, that is why Dany will punish them.

Lannisport - after Stannis battles Daenerys on Dragonstone and dies, Asha and Theon will ally with Daenerys and lead the Iron Fleet that left with Victarion to attack Lannisport and transport Unsullied underneath Casterly Rock where Tyrion will lead them through secret passages inside. Lannisport historically has been attacked by ironborn, and since I expect Euron and Cersei to be allies, I expect the attack will come from Asha. Add the fact that Theon originally left Robb to persuade his father to attack the Rock - maybe Theon will indeed finish what he promised the Young Wolf.

White Harbor - the city will not necessarily be sacked, but most of inhabitants will be frozen to the bone and become "wights" once the Wall falls and White Walkers attack. You might rename into "Wight Harbor". Every northman who survives all across northern regions will flock to the safety of Winterfell and protection of new King in the North, Jon Stark.

Braavos - it will be drowned and flooded during Long Night foreshadowed in Arya's chapters. One big flood will put the majority of this lagoon under water. Surviving Braavosi and their fleets will migrate to Westeros and help jumpstart their new home.

King's Landing - the capital will burn to the ground thanks to Cersei and wildfire. There will be a new capital, a new government and new state formed nearby Isle of Faces on the ruins of Harrenhal, given the abundance of available building blocks from the enormous castle. New royal dynasty, House Stark, will build their seat and castle resembling ruined Winterfell given Jon, Sansa, Arya and Bran's connection to Harrenhal and Isle of Faces.

Archived