The craziest ideas you conceived...

GloubieBoulga

Here's one from a few days ago. 

One of the comets that fell to earth during the Long Night harbored bacteria.  This bacteria affected some people's mitochondrial dna, making them able to skinchange animals or bond with dragons. 

Mitochondrial dna is passed on from the mother 99.9% of the time. This is why the trait is inherited via the maternal line. 

Doesn’t explain how Children can skinchange animals though.

4 hours ago, LmL said:

Yeah, what ARE they doing with those sheep? If the Others are distant ancestors of the Valyrians (crazy ideas, right?), then is this some sort of a strange sheep-fucking thing? What's going on here? 

GRRM intends to include Ser Patrek's cousin, Ser Jerry, who will ride a horse and herd sheep for a living.  He will die horribly, too, but not before someone asks, "Ser Jerry, why do cowboys wear buttonfly jeans?", to witch Ser Jerry will reply, "Because sheep can hear a zipper a mile away."

1 hour ago, Isobel Harper said:

Here's one from a few days ago. 

One of the comets that fell to earth during the Long Night harbored bacteria.  This bacteria affected some people's mitochondrial dna, making them able to skinchange animals or bond with dragons. 

Mitochondrial dna is passed on from the mother 99.9% of the time. This is why the trait is inherited via the maternal line. 

Doesn’t explain how Children can skinchange animals though.

Another comet, long before the Long Night maybe?

49 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Another comet, long before the Long Night maybe?

Maybe.  I think it was the green comet /sea dragon bringing devastation but also "life."  I guess that was involved in the LN.  I know the red comet hit moon and black meteors fell to the planet bringing thr darkness...

22 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

House Hightower: We light the way.

House Dayne: We light the tower.

I want to play!

House Hightower: Knowledge Burns Bright (shades of a presumed upcoming Library-of-Alexandria moment as well as the beacon)

House Dayne: After the Long Night, the Dawn

11 hours ago, hiemal said:

I want to play!

House Hightower: Knowledge Burns Bright (shades of a presumed upcoming Library-of-Alexandria moment as well as the beacon)

House Dayne: After the Long Night, the Dawn

House Hightower's words actually are "We light the way." That's how I got the idea for the Daynes' words.

I like yours for House Dayne too!

Davos actually drowned after the Battle of the Blackwater.

The Dusky Woman is Missandei's mum!

Darkstar is a Brightflame.

Dancy is Tywin’s bastard. 

And I really, really want this bit of crackpot to be true...

So there's that little box about the Mountain Clans in the Vale, TWOIAF that says the Burned Men were spun off from the Painted Dogs when they were enthralled by a fire a witch with a dragon. I read Alys into this when I first read it but the more likely candidate is obviously Nettles since the fire witch commanded a dragon, but I still think Alys fits the roll of a fire witch better, so...

What if the dragon wasn't a dragon like Sheepstealer but the child of Aemond One-Eye?!? (Maybe one of those deformed dragon babies, kept alive by sorcery!  ) And what if Timett is not only the true heir to the Vale (it is known), but also a descendant of ol' One-Eye?!? (Either way, assuming Nettles sprouted Daemon Targaryen's seed, Timett is very likely a descendant of Jaehaerys I.) 

6 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

House Hightower's words actually are "We light the way." That's how I got the idea for the Daynes' words.

I like yours for House Dayne too!

Doh.

Any guesses on House Tarth? I'm trying to work evenfall or evening star in without sounding too ominous or creepy. The Maiden's Light Shines on Us? Hmmmmm

16 minutes ago, hiemal said:

Doh.

Any guesses on House Tarth? I'm trying to work evenfall or evening star in without sounding too ominous or creepy. The Maiden's Light Shines on Us? Hmmmmm

Not off the top of my head, but I could do some thinking. 

It's occurred to me recently that several houses could use "Dude, where's my sword?" 

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Not off the top of my head, but I could do some thinking. 

It's occurred to me recently that several houses could use "Dude, where's my sword?" 

There is some irony to presumably losing a sword named "vigilance".

Archived