The craziest ideas you conceived...

GloubieBoulga

33 minutes ago, No one is here said:

That is interesting.  Is that stated in the books somewhere?  If so, then one of my pet theories is dead on a vine.

In mythology harpies are always female, or at least have a woman's head and body. But, GRRM could be playing with the whole thing, and there's nothing in the text that absolutely confirms a female harpy. Daario makes a comment, but it could just be his own opinion. Keep that pet theory alive!

I remembered another of my crazy and impossible ideas...that Tysha was Tywin's bastard daughter and that's why he went overboard on that whole thing. 

Crazy idea #427: Robert slept with Elia. Rhaegar found out and started wondering if Rhaenys was even his. He took Lyanna to even the score.

One of my crazy ideas is that Lady Stoneheart will send Jame to the Wall for failing his oath to Catelyn Stark.  Or that he will be given that choice over death.  While Jon will represent the Sword and Sam the Horn of the NW's oath; Jaime will represent the shield.

A Storm of Swords - Jaime VIII

Yet here he was.
The table itself was old weirwood, pale as bone, carved in the shape of a huge shield supported by three white stallions. By tradition the Lord Commander sat at the top of the shield, and the brothers three to a side, on the rare occasions when all seven were assembled. The book that rested by his elbow was massive; two feet tall and a foot and a half wide, a thousand pages thick, fine white vellum bound between covers of bleached white leather with gold hinges and fastenings. The Book of the Brothers was its formal name, but more often it was simply called the White Book.

We don't know the oath of the Kingsguard, but I imagine it is similar to Brienne's oath to Renly when he makes her one of his Rainbow Guard:

"Your Grace," Brienne answered, "I ask the honor of a place among your Rainbow Guard. I would be one of your seven, and pledge my life to yours, to go where you go, ride at your side, and keep you safe from all hurt and harm."  CoK Catelyn II

And yet, when Renly cut away her torn cloak and fastened a rainbow in its place, Brienne of Tarth did not look unfortunate. Her smile lit up her face, and her voice was strong and proud as she said, "My life for yours, Your Grace. From this day on, I am your shield, I swear it by the old gods and the new." The way she looked at the king—looked down at him, she was a good hand higher, though Renly was near as tall as his brother had been—was painful to see. Cok Catelyn II

Shields figure prominently in Jaime's pov and in his oath I suspect. Now that he has lost his sword hand, shielding the realm makes some sense.

Archived