Most Courageous Act in ASOIAF

Winter prince

11 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

Most of the acts have been already mentioned ..so I would go with one thing that no one didn't mention till now ..

Daenerys taking  unsullied and astopor...she basically played a huge gamble and we can see her fear through the while situation and it payed off well.

I agree that's another show of great courage.  Even more, it is a heroic act to free the Unsullied from their masters.  

55 minutes ago, khal drogon said:

I somehow relate it with Quentyn trying to steal a dragon. Both are stupid.

Some may see it as stupid but I just see it as desperate as he was trying to free up the Redwyne fleet so they could return to defend his homeland, so he took Dragonstone as fast he could despite the cost.

A lot of people mention Jaime in the bear pit, and I can see why. But.....

Not until they were half a league from Harrenhal and out of range of archers on the walls did Steelshanks Walton let his anger show. "Are you mad, Kingslayer? Did you mean to die? No man can fight a bear with his bare hands!"

"One bare hand and one bare stump," Jaime corrected. "But I hoped you'd kill the beast before the beast killed me. Elsewise, Lord Bolton would have peeled you like an orange, no?" A Storm of Swords - Jaime VI

I like this quote because it illustrates perfectly that there is a fine line between bravery and madness.  What one considers brave, another might consider madness.  However, in this case (according to Jaime himself) we can see that it is neither.  

11 minutes ago, StepStark said:

Lot of good examples here. I'll add one that's usually not mentioned but I think it definitely is very brave: Tyrion abandoning his escape from KL just so he can face Tywin. Bare in mind that he didn't know Tywin's going to be in the toilet, meaning defenseless.

The text actually says Tyrion knew where he'd find his father. But since he didn't really plan to kill him and has always had a sore spot about not getting any approval from his father I agree that it was a very brave thing to do from an emotional standpoint.

19 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

The text actually says Tyrion knew where he'd find his father. But since he didn't really plan to kill him and has always had a sore spot about not getting any approval from his father I agree that it was a very brave thing to do from an emotional standpoint.

Did he really know Tywin's going to be in the toilet? I don't think so. How could he know that?

Just now, StepStark said:

Did he really know Tywin's going to be in the toilet? I don't think so. How could he know that?

Two options: 1) he's an old man and old men spend a lot of time on the toilet; or 2) the ever popular Oberyn poisoned Tywin theory.

I don't know how he knew, just that the author wrote that he did.

6 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Two options: 1) he's an old man and old men spend a lot of time on the toilet; or 2) the ever popular Oberyn poisoned Tywin theory.

I don't know how he knew, just that the author wrote that he did.

We're talking about different things. Of course that he knew that Tywin is on the toilet when he didn't find him in his chamber. But at the point when Tyrion made the decision to abandon the escape and face Tywin, he had no way of knowing Tywin's going to be on the toilet.

Jon dealing with Stannis always seemed pretty brave to me. Refusing to grant him castles, doing the baby switcheroo, shooting fMance. Davos dealing with Stannis as well for that matter in saving Edric Storm, had his sons life to worry about as well, not just his own.

Arya and Brienne do a great many brave things.   Jamie's rescue of Brienne in the Bear Pit.   Jon and Sam during their 1st visit at Craster's.  Stannis taking up the cause at the Wall.   Davos' rescue of Edric Storm.  Pod throwing rocks at "squishers".  Little Finger's rescue of Sansa, much as we all know it was self-serving that took cajones to take her right from under their noses.  The Blackfish refusing to surrender to Jamie with an entire army behind him.  Jon's refusal to kill the horse man.   Sam's entire protection of Gilly.  Jon switching the babies.  Val returning and bringing the wildlings to terms.  Oberyn agreeing to defend Tyrion.   Jon Con saving Tyrion from the river. Tyrion's rescues of Sansa, Jorah and Penny.  Asha trying to rescue Theon.  Even Ned's offer to send Cersei and her children into exile was brave.  

There are so many.  #1 will change day to day for me but tonight I feel like Arya using her 3rd name to free the Northmen at Harrenhall was epic.  

7 hours ago, StepStark said:

Lot of good examples here. I'll add one that's usually not mentioned but I think it definitely is very brave: Tyrion abandoning his escape from KL just so he can face Tywin. Bare in mind that he didn't know Tywin's going to be in the toilet, meaning defenseless.

The problem with this one is that at this stage Tyrion doesn't place any value on his own life so he doesn't have anything to lose.

Tyrion does have bravery though, he isn't a fighter so leading the foray out during the battle of the blackwater was pretty ballsy.

11 hours ago, StepStark said:

We're talking about different things. Of course that he knew that Tywin is on the toilet when he didn't find him in his chamber. But at the point when Tyrion made the decision to abandon the escape and face Tywin, he had no way of knowing Tywin's going to be on the toilet.

Not being in the bed chamber does not automatically equal being in the privy. Tywin could have been anywhere in the castle, working. 

23 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

I agree that's another show of great courage.  Even more, it is a heroic act to free the Unsullied from their masters.  

Especially , given that Dany wasn't just risking her life, but prolonged and hideous torture if she failed.

7 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Not being in the bed chamber does not automatically equal being in the privy. Tywin could have been anywhere in the castle, working. 

I don't know what are you talking about then. What did you mean when you said that Tyrion knew that Tywin is on the toilet?

Archived