US Politics: Opening Pandora's Box

Fragile Bird

"All of the actions and words of this administration are at the direction of this president."

Uh, Spicer?  Maybe you don't want to say that when you know that Trump's aides are resigning at record rates.  

e:  Really would have liked to have them ask whether Trump regretted literally inviting the FSB to hack Clinton during the campaign.

Could the coup d'etat's explanation of Flynn's firing be more lame if they tried? 

Not a legal issue but a trust issue -- just think of what you've said stupid little hands.

Trust -- my great aunt's bippy.  Good frackin' grief. 

In any case, he, like all of them lied. All of them lie every time they open their mouths, hit a keyboard, get on the phone and have for all their lives. And now they are shocked to learn they lie to each other?  Well, by now, none of them have a clue anyway of what truth or reality is. 

Just now, Zorral said:

Could the coup d'etat's explanation of Flynn's firing be more lame if they tried? 

Not a legal issue but a trust issue -- just think of what you've said stupid little hands.

Trust -- my great aunt's bippy.  Good frackin' grief. 

In any case, he, like all of them lied. All of them lie every time they open their mouths, hit a keyboard, get on the phone and have for all their lives. And now they are shocked to learn they lie to each other?  Well, by now, none of them have a clue anyway of what truth or reality is. 

I do think it's a bullshit excuse, but I can understand the double standard from Donnie's point of view. I don't care who you lie to, just so long as you're not lying to me.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I do think it's a bullshit excuse, but I can understand the double standard from Donnie's point of view. I don't care who you lie to, just so long as you're not lying to me.

I suspect what sunk Flynn was not the initial action, but that he didn't tell Pence about it causing the latter to make false statements. Propaganda is all well and good, but it should not be clouding internal communications.

Just now, Altherion said:

I suspect what sunk Flynn was not the initial action, but that he didn't tell Pence about it causing the latter to make false statements. Propaganda is all well and good, but it should not be clouding internal communications.

There isn't a chance in hell Trump didn't know. No really proof that Pence didn't know either, but the more likely scenario is that he's being kept out of the inner inner inner circle. 

20 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I repeat -- none of them have a clue as to what reality is, much less truth.

33 minutes ago, Relic said:

There isn't a chance in hell Trump didn't know. No really proof that Pence didn't know either, but the more likely scenario is that he's being kept out of the inner inner inner circle. 

Pence most likely didn't know -- if he knew, he would have evaded the question rather than answering it outright.

Rand Paul has in the past liked to say he's a different kind of Republican. Today he was asked about the General Flynn fiasco.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/319534-rand-paul-flynn-probe-would-be-excessive

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) says there's not much need for Congress to investigate former national security adviser Michael Flynn's talks with Russia, warning it would distract from the GOP's agenda.

"That might be excessive. I think it looks like the president has handled the situation, and unless there’s some kind of other evidence of malfeasance, this sounds like something that was internal White House politics, and it looks like the president’s handled it,” Paul told Fox News on Tuesday. 

“I just don’t think it’s useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party,” he said.

“We’ll never even get started with doing the things we need to do like repealing ObamaCare if we’re spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense."

:rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Based on this timeline, besides making clear that Flynn's been lying for months, it seem like Pence didn't know that Flynn lied to him until Feb. 9, even though the White House was notified on Jan. 26.  Some people here were speculating earlier that Trump would have no interest in governing at the Pence would be the person running the show.  I think this makes it clear that Trump is 100% in charge and that Pence isn't even among the inner circle.

Just think. If Flynn gets a fraud conviction and a bankruptcy on top of being fired for incompetence by two different administrations, he becomes as qualified as Trump to be President.  Nice job, Mike.

43 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Rand Paul has in the past liked to say he's a different kind of Republican. Today he was asked about the General Flynn fiasco.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/319534-rand-paul-flynn-probe-would-be-excessive

:rolleyes:

Different kind of Republican, not a different kind of conservative.  

9 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

The North Carolina Supreme Court Just Blocked Republicans’ Unlawful Election Board Power Grab

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/02/14/north_carolina_supreme_court_blocks_republican_election_board_overhaul.html

This is really good news!  I hope the gov is appointing new people to the election boards right now and gets voting rights back on the right track again. 

I really don't need testimonial commercials proclaiming I, "need not worry that Judge Gorsuch isn't up to the job" (slight paraphrase there).

Seriously, what the hell is this? Campaigning with the people for a Supreme Court nominee?

Seems there have been a few other Cabinet Level people who had terms that lasted roughly as long as Flynn's.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/shortest-presidential-cabinet-tenures/ss-AAmWyrx?ocid=msnclassic#image=1

However, most of them either died (one guy killed in an accident) or were appointed near the very end of Roosevelt's term.   

Archived