US Politics: Opening Pandora's Box

Fragile Bird

11 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/832038898779947008

/Interesting take regarding the reason Trump may have backed off his rejection of the "One China" policy.

This should really be bigger news.  This is a clear violation of the constitution and the Republican congress refuses to do anything about it because as Rand Paul (who is just another partisan hack) has stated "it doesn't make sense to have Republicans investigate other Republicans".

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

/Interesting take regarding the reason Trump may have backed off his rejection of the "One China" policy.

Well, that's truly interesting.

My first guess, was he said something like this to John Bolton:

Hey John, I was thinkin about startin up a large military conflict with China. But, I was really counting on you to join up and partake  in some of the fighting, if I'm gonna go through with this thing. So how about it? Ready to do some fightin, big guy?

Bolton: Uh, well, uh well, I guess that's sounds like a good plan, but, well, uh, well, I can't join up right now, cause cause liberals man!

Guess I was wrong.

Trump hosting a press conference at 12pm est. My guess is it's to announce the appointment of a private equity firm owner to do a comprehensive review of the intelligence agencies (i.e. witch hunt to get rid of people who dislike my viewpoint or question my ties with Russia). I bet he takes 3 questions, all from conservative bloggers and then walks away. Should be fun.

Also, not sure Trump realizes this, but his tweets today make zero sense in light of the fact that Flynn did resign for doing exactly what the "fake media" reported. If it was fake, Flynn would still be NSC and Trump would still be railing on the media like he currently is. He looks so desperate right now and holding a campaign rally for 2020 in the midst of this screams "no one likes me, I need fan adulation to continue".

32 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Saw that this morning.  It's getting exhausting trying to keep up on the violations, the distractions, the lies, everything.  There should be a dart board with all of the potential investigations that could topple this megalomaniac, but it's like no one can find the darts to choose where to start. 

Just now, Mexal said:

Just to update my post above, looks like the press conference is to announce new Labor Secretary.

Who is that going to be? Tywin Lannister? Though to be fair, old Tywin's views might be a bit moderate compared to the Republican Party.

38 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Trump hosting a press conference at 12pm est. My guess is it's to announce the appointment of a private equity firm owner to do a comprehensive review of the intelligence agencies (i.e. witch hunt to get rid of people who dislike my viewpoint or question my ties with Russia). I bet he takes 3 questions, all from conservative bloggers and then walks away. Should be fun.

Also, not sure Trump realizes this, but his tweets today make zero sense in light of the fact that Flynn did resign for doing exactly what the "fake media" reported. If it was fake, Flynn would still be NSC and Trump would still be railing on the media like he currently is. He looks so desperate right now and holding a campaign rally for 2020 in the midst of this screams "no one likes me, I need fan adulation to continue".

Look up Cerberus.  They are different than a lot of PE.

9 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Look up Cerberus.  They are different than a lot of PE.

Why is that relevant? I get they're main focus is distressed investing and that they're good at it which makes them really smart but I'm not sure how that makes Stephen Feinberg qualified to do a comprehensive review of our entire Intelligence Community. Or why that's a good thing given his relationship to Trump/Bannon and Trump's repeated comments about the IC and their viewpoints on him/Russia.

Am I missing something in my quick search? Appreciate some context here as I'm not that knowledgeable on Cerberus.

1 hour ago, aceluby said:

This should really be bigger news.  This is a clear violation of the constitution and the Republican congress refuses to do anything about it because as Rand Paul (who is just another partisan hack) has stated "it doesn't make sense to have Republicans investigate other Republicans".

Yup.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It's noted in that thread that the ruling on the trademark was actually made back in November (post-election). The timeline does not seem to be quite as damning. Still distressing though. 

I am not sure, but has Putin been stiffed by Trump like other people working for him? 

First Putin and the Russian Intelligence community worked their asses off to tilt the election in Trump's favor, and now he doesn't want them to have Crimea? 

Question for legal procedures, can Trump dismiss Pence as VP?

29 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Why is that relevant? I get they're main focus is distressed investing and that they're good at it which makes them really smart but I'm not sure how that makes Stephen Feinberg qualified to do a comprehensive review of our entire Intelligence Community. Or why that's a good thing given his relationship to Trump/Bannon and Trump's repeated comments about the IC and their viewpoints on him/Russia.

Am I missing something in my quick search? Appreciate some context here as I'm not that knowledgeable on Cerberus.

The opposite.  You should be very concerned about this - institutionally they are known to be exhaustive and tireless (and to make oodles of money).

Deutsche Bank, whilst it's wreathed in the flames of controversy, has suggested there are concerns over its financial dealings with Trump. Possible Russian connection. Standard.

34 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Wait, Trump has joined forces with Cerberus? Is this his new Labour Secretary pick?

When he picked Tillerson over Romney was that like choosing Ashley over Kaidan? Are there Reapers in Mexico?

WHAT IS GOING ON

5 minutes ago, Notone said:

I am not sure, but has Putin been stiffed by Trump like other people working for him? 

First Putin and the Russian Intelligence community worked their asses off to tilt the election in Trump's favor, and now he doesn't want them to have Crimea? 

Doubt it, I think he probably owes them too much money for this to be feasible. I think it much more likely that this is just a facade he threw out there after the Flynn thing blew up. (See, I'm not in bed with the Russians! I Tweeted that they should give back Crimea!)

2 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Deutsche Bank, whilst it's wreathed in the flames of controversy, has suggested there are concerns over its financial dealings with Trump. Possible Russian connection. Standard.

Wait, Trump has joined forces with Cerberus? Is this his new Labour Secretary pick?

When he picked Tillerson over Romney was that like choosing Ashley over Kaidan? Are there Reapers in Mexico?

WHAT IS GOING ON

Yes, Trump is bringing in Cerberus, though not for Labor Secretary but to do an exhaustive review of the Intelligence Community because they believe he's compromised.

7 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

The opposite.  You should be very concerned about this - institutionally they are known to be exhaustive and tireless (and to make oodles of money).

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Doubt it, I think he probably owes them too much money for this to be feasible. I think it much more likely that this is just a facade he threw out there after the Flynn thing blew up. (See, I'm not in bed with the Russians! I Tweeted that they should give back Crimea!)

But (devil's advocate here) why aren't the Russians helping him out with the facade. Instead, they're provoking.

Archived