Daenerys and Daario together in Westeros?

Sea Dragon

Hi guys. I have more questions.

I was reading another thread about who is the rightful Targaryen for the Iron Throne, and while I think it is a toss up between Daenerys and Jon, I also think they might get together like all Targaryens do, but that Daenerys could die. Not sure of she will (I don't want her to) but she could. What I want to know if how Daenerys will handle Daario? He seems to really love her, maybe like he has never loved any woman, and he is going to fight for her while she is in the Dothraki Sea. How is he going to fit in with her back in Westeros? I think Hizdar is dead in the next book and when Daenerys returns she will want Daario back. I remember that he died his beard back to blue for her because she liked that on him and so that has to mean something.

She pretty much says it herself, Daarios a cool dude, but politics are more important, hence the Hizdar hook up.
I imagine even if she does bring Daario to Westeros, at most he'd be a 'royal mistress' (what's the male equivalent of mistress?).

One of the great things about discussion boards is the different interpretations of the book. I don't see anything that makes me think Daario actually loves Dany. I think he likes having sex with her and gets an ego boost from having the mother of dragons want him. Not so say he doesn't care at all. And to be fair  I don't think Dany actually loves him either more of a lust thing for both of them. I'd honestly be shocked if Daario made it out of Meereen alive. Remember he's already a hostage to the Yunkai. So I don't think him being in Westeros will be an issue. Even if he were Dany has shown she will let him go if the politics side of her life dictates it,

I don't see Daario surviving the series but I do think he loves Dany. He's a guy used to hard living, hard loving, hard drinking, hard fighting. The day she tells him she can't marry him he goes out and gets so drunk he can barely stand, which I imagine took a LOT of alcohol. I'm not a guy so I can't say for sure, but I've got this idea that the level of drunk he got is above and beyond what most men would do over a woman they only lust after.

As to how he might die it's hard to say. If he makes it out of Yunkai alive there's Victarion to deal with, and possibly Euron after Vic. If the Greyjoy brothers don't kill him right off the bat he could still fall in the second Dance of the Dragons, wherever and whenever it takes place. 

That said, when Dany returns there's no telling what she will do. She might decide that while she can live without Daario she doesn't want to. She might decide she doesn't care what anybody thinks about who is a fit consort for a queen. Or she might drop him like a bad habit. *shrug*

1 hour ago, FCOS said:

She pretty much says it herself, Daarios a cool dude, but politics are more important, hence the Hizdar hook up.
I imagine even if she does bring Daario to Westeros, at most he'd be a 'royal mistress' (what's the male equivalent of mistress?).

In Russia at least one guy was known as the Emperor of the Night. Oh wow. I just realized that The Night King would be a perfect Westerosi equivalent for that title. :lol:

2 hours ago, FCOS said:

Thanks for answering. It seems as if Hizdar will be dead in the next book. Do you think he will make it? I guess I am thinking that when Daenerys comes back with Drogon then no one will be questioning her. I mean, she should have like 10,000 Dothraki with her also. I am thinking she can take what she wants at this point.

1 hour ago, Maxxine said:

One of the great things about discussion boards is the different interpretations of the book. I don't see anything that makes me think Daario actually loves Dany. I think he likes having sex with her and gets an ego boost from having the mother of dragons want him. Not so say he doesn't care at all. And to be fair  I don't think Dany actually loves him either more of a lust thing for both of them. I'd honestly be shocked if Daario made it out of Meereen alive. Remember he's already a hostage to the Yunkai. So I don't think him being in Westeros will be an issue. Even if he were Dany has shown she will let him go if the politics side of her life dictates it,

The different interpretations are what convinced me to finally join after lurking so long. I am thinking that is gives us something to do until the next book comes out. Interesting that you do not thin Daenerys loves him. It always seemed like the opposite attracts thing to me and now maybe if Daario has that dragon blood as the other poster mentioned. It could be really cool to see them take control of Westeros together (maybe with Jon as the third part)

54 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I don't see Daario surviving the series but I do think he loves Dany. He's a guy used to hard living, hard loving, hard drinking, hard fighting. The day she tells him she can't marry him he goes out and gets so drunk he can barely stand, which I imagine took a LOT of alcohol. I'm not a guy so I can't say for sure, but I've got this idea that the level of drunk he got is above and beyond what most men would do over a woman they only lust after.

As to how he might die it's hard to say. If he makes it out of Yunkai alive there's Victarion to deal with, and possibly Euron after Vic. If the Greyjoy brothers don't kill him right off the bat he could still fall in the second Dance of the Dragons, wherever and whenever it takes place. 

That said, when Dany returns there's no telling what she will do. She might decide that while she can live without Daario she doesn't want to. She might decide she doesn't care what anybody thinks about who is a fit consort for a queen. Or she might drop him like a bad habit. *shrug*

In Russia at least one guy was known as the Emperor of the Night. Oh wow. I just realized that The Night King would be a perfect Westerosi equivalent for that title. :lol:

I agree that Daario being trapped with the Yunkai right now is tricky. But Daario has brought heads to Daenerys before and he knows the people and lands there. I wonder if he will double cross the Yunkai like he did when he was with the Stormcrows. Not the same way because he is prisoner, but maybe they make a deal with him to bring Daenerys to them and when he gets to Meereen again, he turns on Yunkai now that he has back up?

11 minutes ago, Sea Dragon said:

I agree that Daario being trapped with the Yunkai right now is tricky. But Daario has brought heads to Daenerys before and he knows the people and lands there. I wonder if he will double cross the Yunkai like he did when he was with the Stormcrows. Not the same way because he is prisoner, but maybe they make a deal with him to bring Daenerys to them and when he gets to Meereen again, he turns on Yunkai now that he has back up?

That would be interesting. And a clever way to get out of there. 

First I'll admit, I don't have a strong feeling where GRRM will go with Dario, I am completely guessing here. Throughout Dance, Dario seemed to mirror and represent Danys darker and more violent side. She was tempted to pursue it but her own personal discipline largely rejected it. I think most of the clues to give us a hint are in Danys last chapter. Daenerys is growing darker or at least more "Dragonlike", thinking she should have solved more problems with fire and blood. I think that if and when they re-unite she will embrace him fully. But at the same time I see that as more awkward to fit into the story, therefore I think the Yunkai will likely execute him when the fighting starts and she will never see him again. When she learns of his fate that will be another factor that pushes her down a darker path.

14 hours ago, Maxxine said:

Well said!

Perhaps Daario is the corpse with bright eyes? 

Bride of Fire

1. Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars.

2. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly.

3. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

The first vision clearly alludes to Daenerys Targaryen’s first night with Khal Drogo. Since Daenerys wed Drogo, and came to love him, we should assume that the other two persons represented in the other two respective visions must be wed to, and loved by, Daenerys. On the other hand, she has wed Hizdahr, but she does not love him, and she loves Daario Naharis, but she has not wed him, and the narrative strongly suggests that she will not wed him. So, for either of these two characters to fit, we must eliminate the other, and eliminate either the marriage element or the love element. If we disregard marriage and retain love as the required element, Daario fits at least part of the description. . .

Dany found herself stealing looks at the Tyroshi when her captains came to council, and sometimes at night she remembered the way his gold tooth glittered when he smiled. That, and his eyes. His bright blue eyes.

. . .

But these were foolish thoughts. She had a city to take, and dreaming of kisses and some sellsword's bright blue eyes would not help her breach the walls of Meereen.

Daenerys V, Storm 57

If this vision does represent Daario, then it obviously foreshadows his death. 

Standing in the prow of the ship could suggest that Daario's death would occur at sea, or perhaps Daenerys would recall her love when she were to see a similar figurehead on whatever ship she might use to cross the Narrow Sea (or from Drogon's back). The grey lips could suggest that he might die of greyscale. 

The third vision surely represents Jon Snow, and its inclusion under bride of fire, assuming that the second vision represents Daario, foreshadows that Daenerys will fall in love with Jon.

As to whether there will be sufficient time for Daenerys to meet and to fall in love with Jon, keep in mind that The George is planning on giving us at least another 2,000 pages. Daenerys was able to meet Drogo in Pentos and Daario in Slaver's Bay, and to fall in love with both of them in less than 4,000 pages. 

Victarion is associated with ships and death, but how do “grey lips smiling sadly” refer to the Iron Captain? Here's a pretty obvious answer...

On 5/18/2016 at 3:04 PM, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

Victarion is a Greyjoy... grey lips smiling

But Victarion's eyes are never described as “bright,” are they? To the best of my search, other than Daario Naharis, there are six characters whose eyes are described as bright. Rickon’s eyes are bright when he begs for a sweet. Edmure’s eyes are too bright after battle. Joffrey’s eyes are bright with cruel amusement. Petyr’s eyes are bright with mockery. Sandor and Myrcella’s eyes are bright with fever.

But unlike Daario’s eyes, which are described as bright in and of themselves, the eyes of all of those characters are described as having bright eyes because of some momentary reason.

Alliser, Rattleshirt and

Hide contents

Tumco Lho

are described as having “shiny” eyes, and Quaithe’s eyes are “wet,” but those descriptions are distinguishable, and none of those characters appear to fit in the vision. 

Not only does Daenerys think of Daario's eyes as bright, his eyes are the feature she identifies with him most. 

So, the bright eyes could be the key identifier, not the prow of the ship or the grey lips, which could be fulfilled later. 

The eyes of Ramsay and Moqorro are described as shiny, but the tense used suggest they were only shining in the moment.  

Hmm... It seems there is one more extremely intriguing character with bright eyes, well one of 'em anyway...

The torches along the walls were burning bright, and so was he, blue lips, blue eye, and all. 

Euron’s smiling eye was bright with mockery. “Or do I ask too much of you? It is a fearsome thing to sail beyond Valyria.

The Reaver, Feast 29

Hmm... Tyrion notices Illyrio's "pig's eyes shining above his fat cheeks," but shiny is not necessarily bright. 

Archived