Euron's death foreshadowed?

Nocturne

Now let me start that i think i might be reading way to much into this, but hear me out:

Its walls and floor and ceiling were made of wooden planks notched cunningly together and decorated with all the creatures of the sea. As they approached the dais, Davos trod on painted crabs and clams and starfish, half-hidden amongst twisting black fronds of seaweed and the bones of drowned sailors. On the walls to either side, pale sharks prowled painted blue-green depths, whilst eels and octopods slithered amongst rocks and sunken ships. Shoals of herring and great codfish swam between the tall arched windows. Higher up, near where the old fishing nets drooped down from the rafters, the surface of the sea had been depicted. To his right a war galley stroked serene against the rising sun; to his left, a battered old cog raced before a storm, her sails in rags. Behind the dais a kraken and grey leviathan were locked in battle beneath the painted waves. - Davos

The last bit alone "Behind the dais a kraken and grey leviathan were locked in battle beneath the painted waves" , now this might not look like much now. But if we couple it with :

"The Citadel is not what it was," complained the blond. [Lazy Leo speaking to Sam] They will take anything these days. Dusky dogs and Dornishmen, pig boys, cripples, cretins and now a black-clad whale. And here I thought leviathans were gray. -Sam

It would seem that GRRM is alluding that Sam will kill Euron, maybe when he attacks Old Town. I'm quite conflicted on this one, on one hand i think Euron will die too soon, and i'm thinking why waste such a perfectly good villain that fast?

But then again GRRM wasted Oberyn really fast ( tons of potential as well, but on the good side) and the story is coming to and end soon...so thoughts? Will Sam slay the Kraken as well?

10 minutes ago, Nocturne said:

Will Sam slay the Kraken as well?

That would be awesome! Killing a WW, earning the name Sam the Slayer, being moved to Oldtown to study for Maester (something his father despised) and then when the IB invade Oldtown, Sam, the dumb, cowardly, clumsy and non-fighter is the one who kills the leader of the invaders.

That would certainly get daddy's blood boiling, since Sam was supposed to die at the wall, not become the hero of Oldtown....

17 minutes ago, Canon Claude said:

Seems kind of weird how much they're hyping Euron up, especially in Aeron's chapters, if he's going to just die in Oldtown by Samwell Tarly.

I'm sure if that the case it'll be done beautifully.  GRRM has yet to disappoint. 

Marwyn said "The world the Citadel is building has no place in it for sorcery or prophecy or glass candles, much less for dragons".  It may be that not just Sam, but the maesters have a hand in ridding the world of Euron. 

Well done for getting to this yourself with the quotes from the text you provided. Good work. 

I theorised on Sams heroics with the bow against the Ironborn a while back after being trained further by Sarella but I'm always reluctant to accept Eurons early demise like everyone else. I just don't feel it. But I do feel strongly that Sam plays a part in the battle against the Ironborn. 

Good stuff Nocturne.

The mural foreshadows his second death. He's going to turn into a kraken (into a dragon first actually and then it into a kraken) and be defeated by and swallowed by a Leviathan (Aeron). The drowned god will have his revenge on Euron, drag him to the sea floor, and then when the sea dries Davos is going to find him in the belly of the whale.

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, rotting sea cow said:

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last"

Euron will fall at Storm's End

anyway, good catch! I think it hints that Sam will play an important role in fighting Euron. The picture shows a kraken and a leviathan engaged in battle, not any of them prevailing.

He will have his first death at Storm's End, that is where he will blow the horn and ascend, it is the stone beast scene.

On 15-2-2017 at 9:33 AM, Nocturne said:

Now let me start that i think i might be reading way to much into this, but hear me out:

The last bit alone "Behind the dais a kraken and grey leviathan were locked in battle beneath the painted waves" , now this might not look like much now. But if we couple it with :

It would seem that GRRM is alluding that Sam will kill Euron, maybe when he attacks Old Town. I'm quite conflicted on this one, on one hand i think Euron will die too soon, and i'm thinking why waste such a perfectly good villain that fast?

But then again GRRM wasted Oberyn really fast ( tons of potential as well, but on the good side) and the story is coming to and end soon...so thoughts? Will Sam slay the Kraken as well?

Hmm... But Sam is still "black-clad" while the leviathan in the Davos quote is grey. So perhaps it means that Samwell will only fight Euron after having completed his maester's chain (and thus has the right to wear a maester's grey robes)? In which case, it might still be a while before the battle takes place.

Also, that they might meet in battle does not mean that Euron or Samwell will die. The leviathan is not depicting as slaying the kraken, after all. 

On 2/15/2017 at 0:33 AM, Nocturne said:

Sam could interfere with Euron's plans, and possibly save Oldtown and/or the Citadel without killing euron. Also, sam could fight euron and get killed. The Dias didn't show who was winning 

Euron was inspired by Sauron a little. The eye symbol, the dipping into magic, and the name.

He should make it to the last book. He's not only cruel, but completely insane to boot. Based on Aeron's visions in The Forsaken, seems like there are big plans for him. Also, the fact he has valyrian steel armor won't make him an easy kill.

Archived