who's excited!!?

shortguy457

I remember an interview quoting GRRM as saying Tyrion and Dany would cross paths in TWOW, but that's it.  These characters still have a very long way to go before converging.  But I am excited to see Brienne and Jamie team up again and hope Obara and Hotah will be entertaining.  I don't think the books are going the way of the other medium that is delivering their version of the story.   But I would like to read some reunions or new unions. 

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Also we're going to get some of the off-page characters back on page. Gendry, Nymeria, Hot Pie, Rickon, and Shaggy in particular have been confirmed as coming back.

Where was Rickon confirmed as coming back?  I must have missed it.  That would make me excited.  I have a somewhat illogical adoration for that kid. 

1 hour ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

Where was Rickon confirmed as coming back?  I must have missed it.  That would make me excited.  I have a somewhat illogical adoration for that kid. 

Somebody asked about all of them and GRRM said yes they would all be making appearances. Here's the quote:

Q: Willl Hot Pie, Gendry, Nymeria, Rickon and Shaggy be seen again or mentioned in A Dance with Dragons, or later in the series?

A: Later in the series? Yes, to all of them.

I forgot to write down the date and whether that was fan correspondence or from one of the cons.

Now that I'm looking at the exact wording, I wish the question had been phrased a bit differently. "or mentioned" isn't as good as "seen again."

Archived