Is it confirmed Brandon never had sons

Aegon VII

inyeresting stuff guys. I have to admit, I don't see L+B= j being even remotely close to possible. But the question of Brandon having kids and or whom Ashara slept with still interests me.

Though i agree grrm leaves timelines vague and contradictory on purpose, I realize now ned dayne is far too young, which leads me to believe maybe it could have just been be a stillborn or... What about meera?

any evidence she is Brandon's? Then Ashara raised her with howland reed. Over the years they naturally grew closer and then had jojen. Could meera and jojen have different fathers?

On 15/2/2017 at 4:09 PM, Aegon VII said:

please let me know which one it is, I'm not particularly enjoying them so far)

They try to be original but they fail in the logic department. They don't make sense, they take a quote out of the context, they take their own words as true while they have no proof and their *theories* don't make sense. Those are only for the Arthur=Mance, don't get me started on Tormund=The White Bull.

any evidence she is Brandon's? Then Ashara raised her with howland reed. Over the years they naturally grew closer and then had jojen. Could meera and jojen have different fathers?

Why? Why would Howland had accepted to raise the bastard daughter of Brandon and Ashara and why she had to be raised at the Neck, a place known for its harsh environment, and not at Dorne? Also Brandon died in 281 and Meera was born in 283.

3 hours ago, Aegon VII said:

inyeresting stuff guys. I have to admit, I don't see L+B= j being even remotely close to possible. But the question of Brandon having kids and or whom Ashara slept with still interests me.

Though i agree grrm leaves timelines vague and contradictory on purpose, I realize now ned dayne is far too young, which leads me to believe maybe it could have just been be a stillborn or... What about meera?

What would Meera being Brandon's add to the story? It can't be just a twist to make it shocking or it doesn't work. 

And George implied a Snow IF Brandon had any children.  IF there is one, I don't think we've seen her yet. 

Only bastard he may have fathered is Jon Snow. Unless GRRM uncovers a new one, there is noone else he could have fathered that is of any significance. Him and Ashara would then be the parents, of course. But I guess I better not go there again...might find myself permanently banned.:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Quellon said:

Only bastard he may have fathered is Jon Snow. Unless GRRM uncovers a new one, there is noone else he could have fathered that is of any significance. Him and Ashara would then be the parents, of course. But I guess I better not go there again...might find myself permanently banned.:rolleyes:

How could he fathered a bastard who was conceived a year after his death?

3 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

How could he fathered a bastard almost a year after his death?

Who says Jon was born a year after? It is only true if we take that theory that you like to be true, about Lyanna giving birth to him. But this is ANOTHER theory, pay attention. And that theory says that he was born before the end of RR.

10 minutes ago, Quellon said:

Who says Jon was born a year after? It is only true if we take that theory that you like to be true, about Lyanna giving birth to him. But this is ANOTHER theory, pay attention. And that theory says that he was born before the end of RR.

We do know when Jon was born. 

We know from this e-mail that Jon’s birth is 8-9 months prior to Daenerys’s, and that Daenerys is born almost precisely 9 months after the death of Rhaegar and the Sack of King’s Landing (I: 25). This would place Jon’s birth within one month, give or take, of the Sack. As we know the war lasts “close” to a year which is often just referred to as a “year” (I: 96, 233), suggesting 10-11 months is likelier than 9 months. Given this, his conception seems to have been between 1-3 months into the war.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/FAQ/Entry/Who_are_Jon_Snows_parents/

Unless of course the author lies and Cat, a mother of five, cannot distinguish an one year old with a newborn.

7 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Sigh...
No. A bastard son of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne would be known to the world as a bastard son of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne. There's no good reason for Ned to lie about it.

Also this. There was no reason to hide in the North the son of Ashara and Brandon under the disguise of Ned's son.

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

They try to be original but they fail in the logic department. They don't make sense, they take a quote out of the context, they take their own words as true while they have no proof and their *theories* don't make sense. Those are only for the Arthur=Mance, don't get me started on Tormund=The White Bull.

Yeah, I completely agree based on the 3 or 4 I watched, and they weren't even the Mance is Dayne one. Does anyone know the name of that one though, as I would still like to watch it. Enough people are saying it makes sense that I have to see for myself. I have a feeling it's simply them bending the text that supports mr=RT, but I can't speak on the matter til I hear their arguments.

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Why? Why would Howland had accepted to raise the bastard daughter of Brandon and Ashara and why she had to be raised at the Neck, a place known for its harsh environment, and not at Dorne? Also Brandon died in 281 and Meera was born in 283.

Because I've been waiting for twow for far too long and grow bored. At this point I'm not yet considering the whys. We're treading through deep tinfoil here and I'm really just trying to consider all options. 

To give you all some context though, this mainly comes from trying to determine what happened to ashara. In that pursuit, I think there's a significant chance she had a child (stillborn or not), so I would like to narrow down who could possibly be her child. 

Do I think ashara has a child running around right now, probably not. But it's possible and it's what my research has led me to consider at this point.

so, can anyone think of any likely candidates for a living child of Brandon OR ashara? That's really what I'm looking into.

I just can't believe how JQC hasn't been banned yet. Her posts are aggressive, offensive and completely one dimensional. She doesn't know how to discuss these matters in a rational way. What she believes to be the truth must be THE LAW and the ONLY TRUTH. And NO, we DON'T know exactly when Jon was born. It is said near the end of Robert's rebellion, not AFTER or AT the end. Doesn't matter...whatever I say, you just gonna twist it to make it sound like you want it.

2 hours ago, Quellon said:

I just can't believe how JQC hasn't been banned yet. Her posts are aggressive, offensive and completely one dimensional. She doesn't know how to discuss these matters in a rational way. What she believes to be the truth must be THE LAW and the ONLY TRUTH. And NO, we DON'T know exactly when Jon was born. It is said near the end of Robert's rebellion, not AFTER or AT the end. Doesn't matter...whatever I say, you just gonna twist it to make it sound like you want it.

See, holes in your argument were pointed out to you, and instead of a real rebuttal, quotes, references to the books, anything actually resembling evidence, you only offer an ad hominem attack.

It isn't "doesn't matter, whatever I say", but when you make empty claims and don't back them with anything of substance (and just repeating "we don't know" doesn't count) - you only have yourself to blame.

7 hours ago, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

Being that most responders to this post are willing to at least entertain the idea that Brandon and Lyanna may have had incestial sex, which I find to be completely baseless, what do you's think about the possibility that Brandon had premarital sex with Cat, at or around the time that he dueled Littlefinger? 

This is complicated by the fact that Catelyn plainly thinks about how she gave her virginity to Ned.

Besides, if this were to be true, how would we find out? Both Brandon and Cat are dead and only those two would know for sure.

14 minutes ago, Quellon said:

In reality, what JQC "believes to be the truth" is what the author actually said. The author's words can safely be regarded as THE LAW and the ONLY TRUTH, even by you.

Yeah, I completely agree based on the 3 or 4 I watched, and they weren't even the Mance is Dayne one. Does anyone know the name of that one though, as I would still like to watch it. Enough people are saying it makes sense that I have to see for myself. I have a feeling it's simply them bending the text that supports mr=RT, but I can't speak on the matter til I hear their arguments.

It's in the same vid series. 

so, can anyone think of any likely candidates for a living child of Brandon OR ashara? That's really what I'm looking into.

I do believe that there is a Snow Sand baby, a Ned-Ashara and her name is Allyria.

10 hours ago, Aegon VII said:

Meera looks like a typical girl of the Crannogs, if Howland isn't her father then some other guy from the Neck is.

5 hours ago, Quellon said:

You won't get yourself banned unless you break the rules.

Here's why Jon can't be Brandon's.

-Brandon dies before the war starts.
-Ned marries Catelyn early in the war
-Robb is conceived within two weeks of the marriage, because that's all the time Ned and Cat had together
-war lasts about a year, give or take a coulple of weeks
-Ned shows up after the war with a child he claims he fathered AFTER marrying Catelyn
-baby Jon has to be younger than baby Robb for Ned's story to be true or believable 

There is no way a baby conceived before the war is going to look younger than Robb. PLUS the author himself said that Dany was born nine months after the sack of King's Landing and Jon was born 8-9 months before Dany was. Any child fathered by Brandon has to be months older than Jon.

4 hours ago, Aegon VII said:

Because I've been waiting for twow for far too long and grow bored. At this point I'm not yet considering the whys. We're treading through deep tinfoil here and I'm really just trying to consider all options. 

To give you all some context though, this mainly comes from trying to determine what happened to ashara. In that pursuit, I think there's a significant chance she had a child (stillborn or not), so I would like to narrow down who could possibly be her child. 

Do I think ashara has a child running around right now, probably not. But it's possible and it's what my research has led me to consider at this point.

Might you be talking about the Order of the Green Hand videos? The ones where Mance = Arthur are The Wars to Come. I've watched the first and noticed some definite issues with some of their analysis (don't even bother with the Catelyn videos) but there's enough there to give some credence to the overall theory being possible. I'm going to watch more of them.

Send me a PM. I've got another crackpot in the works that you might enjoy.

3 hours ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

See, holes in your argument were pointed out to you, and instead of a real rebuttal, quotes, references to the books, anything actually resembling evidence, you only offer an ad hominem attack.

It isn't "doesn't matter, whatever I say", but when you make empty claims and don't back them with anything of substance (and just repeating "we don't know" doesn't count) - you only have yourself to blame.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/dc/dc790fb569ffe66560a639467bee86cedac597d394c7d06297a3ee366f548f16.jpg

5 hours ago, Quellon said:

No. Just no. Robb and Jon are of an age, regardless of who was born first. 

1 hour ago, Quellon said:

On one hand, I have no defense against cats. Never had.

On the other hand, however, this cat, feline as he is, does not support your alternative Jon Snow pedigree theory in any perceivable way. So there.

Archived