Dany will never be queen (Theory)

DreadedNorwegian

This is my first theory posting on these forums, so it`s going to be a short one. My theory is basically that daenerys will never be queen of Westeros. Why do I think so? Based on the visions she has in season 2. The first of these visions see her walking in the throne room in kings landing, reaching out for the throne, but never taking it. The 2nd sees her walking through the wall up north. The last sees her reunited with Drogo and her stillborn son.

I think that these visions shows us danys future. I believe the visions tells us that Dany will come close to the throne, but will never be queen. I also believe that she will never take the throne because, as the visions show us, she will instead travel north to the wall to help fight the white walkers. And as the last visions shows us, she will be reunited there with her family in the form of Jon Snow. I know this has most likely been posted a thousand times, but I still think it is a plausible idea.

5 minutes ago, KINGpanther said:

I still like to think the Snow falling on the throne is a wink towards Jon being King or atleast trying to tell Dany that Jon is her nephew.

It could be. But then again, that`s what everybody wants to happen, and knowing GrrMartin I think that is a too happy ending. In Danys dream the throne room is destroyed, So it might be that she actually "breaks the wheel" somehow by burning Kings landing to the ground? This is just speculation but imo clues are that She will not rule. But anyways, if the white walkers are not stopped there wont be anyone or anything to rule at all.

welcome to the forums :)

and yes, i like that theory. Dany turning her back on the Throne to fight the walkers and dying in the process would be the plot twist of the century lol. If that's how it turns out, the vision in the House of the Undying would be one of the most brilliant pieces of foreshadowing ever. 

Near the end, anything is possible at this point. Dany may not be Queen that is crowned and recognized as such, same with Jon. I am not sure that on the show anyways, that we will see someone on the iron throne crowned with all 7 kingdoms and the Riverlands acknowledging them as such. I think those days are gone.

16 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Near the end, anything is possible at this point. Dany may not be Queen that is crowned and recognized as such, same with Jon. I am not sure that on the show anyways, that we will see someone on the iron throne crowned with all 7 kingdoms and the Riverlands acknowledging them as such. I think those days are gone.

Definetely a possibility. Myabe the seven kingdoms will revert to 7 independent realms united under some sort of loose confederation or council? Who knows?..

Welcome 

This point has been made many times yes ..

But it always amazes me that people who acknowledge and noticing the fact that dany walking away from touching or taking the throne is failing or ignoring that she also walks away from drogo and her child in the second vision..

Will dany die in the end ...she being one of the protagonists its very much possible ..but when it comes to HOTU the visions are very simple, they were just used by the warlocks and undying as temptations of what she wanted most  to lure dany and make her stay there forever  .

But dany doesnt succumb to those temptations she overcomes them..that's all there is to that scene 

20 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

Welcome 

But it always amazes me that people who acknowledge and noticing the fact that dany walking away from touching or taking the throne is failing or ignoring that she also walks away from drogo and her child in the second vision..

Will dany die in the end ...she being one of the protagonists its very much possible ..but when it comes to HOTU the visions are very simple, they were just used by the warlocks and undying as temptations of what she wanted most  to lure dany and make her stay there forever  .

But dany doesnt succumb to those temptations she overcomes them..that's all there is to that scene 

This.

On 17.2.2017 at 4:51 PM, Drogonthedread said:

Welcome 

COuld be this simple as well. But seems quite pointless to add the visions in the show if they have no future impacts. The only other visions we have seen (Maggy the fog and the bran visions) have all had significant impact on the show. 

I think that's a great theory. There are many interesting ideas here. I think the theory that she will get very close to the Iron Throne but not quite make it is very plausible. I think the snow and the destroyed throne room would likely be the reasons why this would not occur, whether the snow refers to Jon, the WW, etc or the destroyed throne room on the show refers to dragons, wildfire, war, etc, we can't be entirely sure of yet. However, I just feel like Dany ending up on the Iron Throne seems too predictable for ASOIAF/GoT, although I could be wrong and it could certainly be achieved in a very unpredictable way.

15 hours ago, DreadedNorwegian said:

COuld be this simple as well. But seems quite pointless to add the visions in the show if they have no future impacts. The only other visions we have seen (Maggy the fog and the bran visions) have all had significant impact on the show. 

This chapter in the series is one of the most important chapter in the entire series if not THE most important..

And the whole Qarth arc revolves around the plot dany meeting the undying so the show can't leave this plot ..

and they didn't include not one vision from the books but included two visions of their own and it might be obvious for lots of people like the state of Kl during long night or dany going north of the wall..

from show's perspective having these two visions made sense because two things dany Yearn for most is family and home and house of undying use this two to lure dany to stay ..but she refuses to succumb with the help of her dragons..

i wouldn't say its simple or pointless.  .it showed things dany want most   family and home ..but at the same time listening to her dragons that not forgetting she is mother of dragons .and it showed how KL and Westeros will be during long winter and dany going beyond the wall .these are plenty that can be taken from the scene

People usually describe these scenes in a way that Dany will die and reunite herself with Drogo and Rhaego which could happen in a way. Although, Jon showed us that there is nothing in the afterlife but maybe it was just for him as he's not finished with living world.

I agree in way with some it menat to be temptations to Dany but also showing her glimpses of her future. Important places she'll visit and narror it to literally what they needed cutting out all the othe stuff that wasn't necessary or would be too spoilery. 

Her story is slowly going towards white walkers signalling that is the most imporatnt thing. Another way of interpretating these vision. some say she'll find a husband and kid Beyond the Wall but not sure what is right and worng. Maybe all of it is correct in a way. I do see Dany not ruling or do it at the cost of something like death of Jon or so. Somehow for it not to be worth all of this. Maybe she will save Westeros for others or rule herself.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 2:54 PM, DreadedNorwegian said:

This is my first theory posting on these forums, so it`s going to be a short one. My theory is basically that daenerys will never be queen of Westeros. Why do I think so? Based on the visions she has in season 2. The first of these visions see her walking in the throne room in kings landing, reaching out for the throne, but never taking it. The 2nd sees her walking through the wall up north. The last sees her reunited with Drogo and her stillborn son.

I think that these visions shows us danys future. I believe the visions tells us that Dany will come close to the throne, but will never be queen. I also believe that she will never take the throne because, as the visions show us, she will instead travel north to the wall to help fight the white walkers. And as the last visions shows us, she will be reunited there with her family in the form of Jon Snow. I know this has most likely been posted a thousand times, but I still think it is a plausible idea.

But what happens after the battle against the Others? Dany would never stay in the north. She has no rolle in the North, no task and the climate is to cold. She lived for the whole show in warmer climate.  

I think she needs to die, so that this scenario becomes true.

13 hours ago, aventador577 said:

But what happens after the battle against the Others? Dany would never stay in the north. She has no rolle in the North, no task and the climate is to cold. She lived for the whole show in warmer climate.  

Not sure what happens after, maybe she and Jon hooks up? But that seems too plausible.

13 hours ago, aventador577 said:

She wouldn't be in the North, so if she lives she has to rule in the King's Landing. Rebuild Westeros with others and live. Other than that she will die so liteally these are only options for her.

Archived