Blast from the past

One-eyed Misbehavin

Ok there are lots of similarities to the characters in ASOIAF and with the legends and even people dead 15-20 yrs prior to our story. Let's compare characters from the 5 books to characters that are dead/in the history books of ASOIAF. 

Example-Bran=Bran the Builder

You can even combine multiple old people to make the character work and use speculation to do so.  

Example-Jamie= Artur Dayne+Criston Cole 

bc I think Jamie will be a king/queen maker but his recent adventures he's using the same strategy Arthur Dayne used against kings wood brotherhood 

others

Marwyn=Septon Barth

Tyrion=Lann the Clever 

Cersei=Aerys 

Dany=The Conquerer

My personal crackpot Jon=Cregan Stark and has his personal "hour of the wolf" and heads north away from that ugiy chair....Went there.

I left plenty for you guys lets do this

10 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Oh it's amazing. I thought the kings moot was heading towards urrathon badbrother honestly 

thats a really close one. Nice job

Totally.

Staying with the Ironborn Ive wondered if Torgon Greyiron is a hint at a future Theon scenario? Although i can't really see GRRM spelling it out that easily for us. Plus, I'm not so sure Theons future is him being King of the Iron Islands. He could still possibly declare Eurons Kingsmoot invalid though.

1 hour ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Totally.

Staying with the Ironborn Ive wondered if Torgon Greyiron is a hint at a future Theon scenario? Although i can't really see GRRM spelling it out that easily for us. Plus, I'm not so sure Theons future is him being King of the Iron Islands. He could still possibly declare Eurons Kingsmoot invalid though.

I'd like to think due to the history you just mentioned but I think Euron's grip on the ironborn is too great and also that Theon is just too broken. But idk the reader and botleys and others could maybe help out Asha or Theon later on if both Vic and euron blunder. All speculation though 

I do like the Invalid notion, even before Ramsay, Asha was the better man (and smarter too)  To imagine anyone else ruling the ironborn other than her imho excluding Vic and Euron but it seems like her destiny to me

1 hour ago, Macgregor of the North said:

Totally.

Agreed.  

1 minute ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I'd like to think due to the history you just mentioned but I think Euron's grip on the ironborn is too great and also that Theon is just too broken. But idk the reader and botleys and others could maybe help out Asha or Theon later on if both Vic and euron blunder. All speculation though 

I do like the Invalid notion, even before Ramsay, Asha was the better man (and smarter too)  To imagine anyone else ruling the ironborn other than her imho excluding Vic and Euron but it seems like her destiny to me

This was the notion I had too.  I think if it were to happen it would surely be Asha taking advantage of the Urragon Badbrother/Torgon Greyiron scenario.  She did seem extremely exited when she reheard the tale.

"… and said the kingsmoot was unlawful since he had not been there to make his claim. Badbrother had proved to be as mean as he was cruel and had few friends left upon the isles. The priests denounced him, the lords rose against him, and his own captains hacked him into pieces. Torgon the Latecomer became the king and ruled for forty years."

Asha took Tris Botley by the ears and kissed him full upon the lips. He was red and breathless by the time she let him go. "What was that?" he said.

"A kiss, it's called. Drown me for a fool, Tris, I should have remembered—"--A Dance with Dragons - The Wayward Bride

Of course it is possible that any plan she had was snuffed out when she learned more about Theon's fate:

I send you each a piece of prince.

Whatever befell when battle was joined at Winterfell, Asha Greyjoy did not think her brother likely to survive it. Theon Turncloak. Even the She-Bear wants his head on a spike.--A Dance with Dragons - The King's Prize

I know it's a stretch, but I really see similarities between Bloodraven and Visenya.  They both ruled for disinterested kings, they were both excellent fighters with Dark Sister and dabbled in the dark arts.  Their ruling styles and loyalty to their kings seem very much in harmony to me. Now before anyone throws Prince Daemon in the mix, he was a nut.  Bloodraven and Visenya, to the best of our knowledge, only had 1 lover and  never jumped off a dragon to stab a nephew in the eye.  Daemon seems a lot more like a combination of frickin Little Finger, Gregor Clegane and gatehouse Ami to me.   

On February 16, 2017 at 5:43 PM, KingMance said:

Dunk and Brienne, for obvious reasons.

Orys Baratheon and Robert. Fierce warriors and all. 

Mel and Shiera Seastar.

That's What up. Been waiting on some of these.I heard of the dunk/brienne comparisons before reading the trilogy and I think it would be straight up crazy if shes not a descendent of him. It was like reading a much cooler Brienne chapter.

When I first bought my world book as a Christmas present to the coolest guy ever, I mistook Orys for Robert in the top left drawing on page 40 while flipping through

On 2/16/2017 at 0:46 PM, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Theon is Greek for "godly", so when Aeron said a godless man may not sit the seastone chair, in a way he was saying only Theon may sit the seastone chair.

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

That's What up. Been waiting on some of these.I heard of the dunk/brienne comparisons before reading the trilogy and I think it would be straight up crazy if shes not a descendent of him. It was like reading a much cooler Brienne chapter.

When I first bought my world book as a Christmas present to the coolest guy ever, I mistook Orys for Robert in the top left drawing on page 40 while flipping through

Ha, I thought the same thing. What's funny is how awesome I think Orys was (according to a fake history book, obviously), and how indifferent I am to Robert. I guess Jamie Lannister could be compared to OB as well, but that seems too easy. 

9 hours ago, The Pimp that was Promised said:

Daeron the Dragon and The Young Wolf

Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy and Dagon Greyjoy 

Aemon "The Dragonknight" and The Kingslayer--

both loved their sister, both were renowned knights, both were KG, both hated their king

My only problem with that is Robb was seems much more aware/cunning and overall better than Daeron but I still agree it's gotta be on here

Oh yeah sometimes I feel like Euron is kind of a collection of the "best" (morally worst) reavers/salt kings/iron islanders. I think many of them have strong comparisons to my usernamesake 

Loves sister, but can't have her bc a gluttonous king stands in the way. But I hate to take a Aemon and knock him down to Jamie's morals. Say Lancel or Daven or any other cousin (by some mitacle) became king. Jamie definitely wouldn't jump in a viper pit and carry him to safety while getting bitten over and over. But with the sister and in the way king ordeal... Absolutely. 

13 hours ago, The Hammer of Justice said:

What made the comparison clear to me was the "waking the dragon" thing

Also I meant to say Viserys seems very loyal to all targs (except dany) and was a jsckass to everyone  it would appear Aerion was a dick to everyone including his Targ family but idk their likeness is amazing. Under the same tutelage Viserys probably could have been a good/decent jouster.... Hard to imagine 

Archived