Does fAegon annoy anyone else?

Canon Claude

No he doesn't annoy me at all and I think he will be one of the players in the wars to come. Just because he is late to the story doesn't denote insignificance to me. Frankly Daenerys annoys me a lot more than Aegon ever has.

4 hours ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

I have never said that those theories are factual i am just saying that they make the most sense.

Whilst they are around the same age i don't think it is possible. They would have to have the same mom and dad but look how diffrent they are. It would also just storywise not be good at all.

Im not saying that anyone is going to be reincarnated obviously i was just meaning that he is fathers son.

I didn't say you SAID they were factual. I said you ACT like they are. Which is fine, but when you get super dismissive of other theories, especially ones that have a ton of textual support that doesn't require twisting words or misunderstanding the POV structure, well it doesn't do you any credit. I'm sure they have some fine videos that do make sense, and I hope I will discover them as I watch more of their work.

Having the same parents and looking different or being different is not a strike against it. I have three full siblings and we neither look nor act alike. 

How would it not be good storywise? 

Okay, some people do think there is literal reincarnation going on so I wasn't sure.

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

His eyes are different. He's varys' nephew/2nd ? cousin and Illyrio's son.

The greatest Blackfyre threat since Daemon himself was put down on the redgrass field. 

Many agree he will take the iron throne but since he is half Blackfyre then it lowers his luck/chances like they're allergic to the iron throne

But on the real he seems super-entitled (understandably) angry at many people (understandably) but also kind of has that teenager bliss thing. (However graceful he may be) I see him going far but also might really "act his age" at crucial times. (Tyrion talked him out of the most beautiful woman in the world who has the worlds best unsullied turtle and 3 dragons way to easy)

I think the Blackfyre theory is the only one that wouldn't feel rushed bc the Blackfyre rebellions were never rushed. I think even Varys would be unable to have access to the baby Aegon during a seige bc soldiers would back into the room he was in and use the door as a funnel.

Allegedly. He's got just as good a chance of not being a Blackfyre.

:lol: That's funny!

There was no siege. And as soon as Varys realized Aerys was going to open the gates to Tywin he would have been able to high-tail it to the nursery. There wouldn't be any soldiers in the way because Aerys wouldn't have ordered them, being assured by Pycelle that Tywin was there to save them. Also Varys could have smuggled Aegon out before it got to that point. I don't recall him saying when the switch took place, only that it did.

On 2017-02-20 at 1:30 AM, Lord Wraith said:

No he doesn't annoy me at all and I think he will be one of the players in the wars to come. Just because he is late to the story doesn't denote insignificance to me. Frankly Daenerys annoys me a lot more than Aegon ever has.

Well honestly he has been a player ever since Varyllio took him on (always was if he is real). In secret ofc.

Being introduced late in the story though... Its just not a good thing, for their chances of survival. But maybe it could be GRRM is making us believe Aegon is for a certain death every second up until the last page of ADOS, playing with our expectations like he did with Robb - only the other way round?

On 2/20/2017 at 1:30 AM, Lord Wraith said:

Things is Aegon has been with us at least since ACOK, if not before given the suspecting behavior of both Varys and Illyrio. The build up has been slow, that is true, but he has been there he didn't come out of nowhere.

Regarding Daenerys, my feeling is that GRRM has a lot more difficulty in getting into her shoes than with any other character. He could write books after books of Tyrion chapters, but it gets hard to write Danys, despite the prime role he had in mind since for her the beginnings. This is also coupled with an additional difficulty in describing Essos - where Dany currently is - in a more believable manner. Essos is very sketchy in comparison with the complex  details we get of Westeros. Despite this, what he had achieved - particularly in Volantis & Braavos - is excellent.

On 2017-02-20 at 2:23 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I didn't say you SAID they were factual. I said you ACT like they are. Which is fine, but when you get super dismissive of other theories, especially ones that have a ton of textual support that doesn't require twisting words or misunderstanding the POV structure, well it doesn't do you any credit. I'm sure they have some fine videos that do make sense, and I hope I will discover them as I watch more of their work.

Having the same parents and looking different or being different is not a strike against it. I have three full siblings and we neither look nor act alike. 

How would it not be good storywise? 

Okay, some people do think there is literal reincarnation going on so I wasn't sure.

Which series with large amounts of textual support do i dismiss?

It is a strike against it. 

It would be a big big negative to the story if Jon and Aegon have the same parents. There is no way at all that that is the case no way at all lol.

That is the stupidest thing i have ever head in my entire life.

He doesn't annoy me at all. His history is barely credible but Aegon could be a great character rrespective if he's Rhaegar's son or just a Blackfyre.

What annoys me is that he barely stands a chance. He's got just a 10k army when Lannisters and Tyrells can raise 40k-60k each. That's like sending a 10 year old boy to conquer Washington DC while armed with a wooden sword. He would be way more interesting if Aegon came back married to the queen of Pentos or something and with a 40k army + 10k from the GC at his back 

1 hour ago, devilish said:

He doesn't annoy me at all. His history is barely credible but Aegon could be a great character rrespective if he's Rhaegar's son or just a Blackfyre.

What annoys me is that he barely stands a chance. He's got just a 10k army when Lannisters and Tyrells can raise 40k-60k each. That's like sending a 10 year old boy to conquer Washington DC while armed with a wooden sword. He would be way more interesting if Aegon came back married to the queen of Pentos or something and with a 40k army + 10k from the GC at his back 

Assuming he is the Blackfyre, isn't Illyrio's expectation that Aegon and the Golden Company (and possibly a couple of very powerful houses already in on the secret like Redwyne and Hightower) will be joined by Dorne and other Targaryen loyalists? I mean that's the whole reason for the long con, no? And once they win a few victories, they they can expect to attract more support, no? 

3 hours ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

It would be a big big negative to the story if Jon and Aegon have the same parents. There is no way at all that that is the case no way at all lol.

R+L=J for one. With the timeline given to us by the author, the clues in the text, and the characters of the characters involved that really does make the most sense. Second to that would be Ae+L=J, and third would be Ar+L=J. N+A=J is fourth at best.

No, it's not a strike against it. Siblings who all look alike would be far less realistic. I'm sure you've heard of fraternal twins. They rarely look alike. 

But how would it be a negative to the story? 

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

R+L=J for one. With the timeline given to us by the author, the clues in the text, and the characters of the characters involved that really does make the most sense. Second to that would be Ae+L=J, and third would be Ar+L=J. N+A=J is fourth at best.

No, it's not a strike against it. Siblings who all look alike would be far less realistic. I'm sure you've heard of fraternal twins. They rarely look alike. 

But how would it be a negative to the story? 

R+L=J is a good theory but so is Eddard and Ashara being Jon's parents.

What is Ae, Ar and N?

The Targaryens have VERY distinguishing traits and i don't know of any character with targaryen blood who don't have any targaryen features. Maybe there is but by far the overwhelming amount have distinguishing traits thus it is a strike against the theory. It is not a complete conviction but it is defintaly 100% a strike against the theory. It dosn't mean the theory cant be true but it is a strike do you really disagree? Also twins would make it even more likely for Jon to have Targaryen features. It is a fantasy book series. If we didn't have any Jaime and Cersei chapters there would be no evidence for Joffrey being Lannister because "science". It is a book series it dosn't have time messing around with the science of hereditary features it is a fantasy where things are a little bit more simplified.

It would be completely shit. People have these theories where everyone have glasscandles and everyone glamours as someone else and everyone can skinchange but there really is no point in argueing about them because it is ridicolous and there is 0 evidence and implication.

There has been 0 implications that Jon and Aegon two dudes were born at the same time by the same mother at the tower of joy. Dosn't it leave a bad taste in your mouth and sound cringy to say that Aegon and Jon are twins? Story wise there are some things you can't do if you want your overall story to be good.

Im telling you there is no way in the seven hells that Jon and Aegon are twins. 

8 hours ago, Sigella said:

Well honestly he has been a player ever since Varyllio took him on (always was if he is real). In secret ofc.

Being introduced late in the story though... Its just not a good thing, for their chances of survival. But maybe it could be GRRM is making us believe Aegon is for a certain death every second up until the last page of ADOS, playing with our expectations like he did with Robb - only the other way round?

It's likely part of Martin's "gardening" writing style. I mean would have the Aegon story been more interesting if he had been a POV and we saw him in exile on the poleboat or wherever he was earlier. I'd imagine that the readers would have been tired of that pretty quickly. He was added the story just before he heads to Westeros to become a player. 

Agreed the expectation is that Aegon is supposed to be a flash in the pan to the readers. This makes me think he will actually be important to the end of the story.

8 hours ago, rotting sea cow said:

Things is Aegon has been with us at least since ACOK, if not before given the suspecting behavior of both Varys and Illyrio. The build up has been slow, that is true, but he has been there he didn't come out of nowhere.

Regarding Daenerys, my feeling is that GRRM has a lot more difficulty in getting into her shoes than with any other character. He could write books after books of Tyrion chapters, but it gets hard to write Danys, despite the prime role he had in mind since for her the beginnings. This is also coupled with an additional difficulty in describing Essos - where Dany currently is - in a more believable manner. Essos is very sketchy in comparison with the complex  details we get of Westeros. Despite this, what he had achieved - particularly in Volantis & Braavos - is excellent.

Oh I agree just a lot of readers seem to think that he came in late which means he is unimportant. Yet as you say the seeds of his return were there for awhile.

Also yes the Mereenese knot has been an issue for him and readers.

7 hours ago, devilish said:

Don't forget the "friends in the Reach" also the Stormlords are always willing to follow a successful leader so I am sure that some will join him.

15 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Assuming he is the Blackfyre, isn't Illyrio's expectation that Aegon and the Golden Company (and possibly a couple of very powerful houses already in on the secret like Redwyne and Hightower) will be joined by Dorne and other Targaryen loyalists? I mean that's the whole reason for the long con, no? And once they win a few victories, they they can expect to attract more support, no? 

Why would they? They have a good thing going with Mace Tyrell and a 10k army will not sway anybody to break the ranks. Not to forget that currently the Reach is being invaded. Surely neither the Redwynes nor the Hightowers would be such an arse to abandon the defense of their region to fight for some Blackfyre?

I am more inclined to believe that Dorne would join Aegon. If he can make Doran believe that he's Elia's son then the Martells will be duty bound to defend his claim. If GRRM wanted to beefen up Aegon then he would have made sure that the Velaryons wouldn't join the war of 5 kings. That would give Faegon more men. However we already know that Dorne simply do not have the men to go toe to toe against the Tyrell-Lannister army. Doran is also said to be very cautious so to pit him in a war against such odds would be out of his nature. Therefore if GRRM wants to make Aegon credible then something unrealistic must happen for the Tyrell-Lannister alliance to collapse (Margaery's and probably Mace's death). Which would portray the Lannisters as a bunch of incompetent fools.

I love Aegon story. While I do agree that its a side-story I think that GRRM had executed it perfectly, giving consistency to Illyio's/Varys plan to put their man on the IT to control Westeros.  The latter two were introducted in the late part of GOT and are portrayed as the typical capitalist lobbyists, who first endorsed Viserys/Danny rise to power only to turn to their plan B when the former died and the latter went out of control. Blackfyres had been trying to take the crown for quite some time. That's quite realistic and interesting

Regarding the second point...well it would be nice to see the pissed off Tyrells staging a successful coup in KL, possibly with the legitimacy given to them by the Faith.Cersei would be arrested and executed alongside Tommen, freeing Margaery to marry a triumphant Aegon. Jamie would escape to CR to raise an army there. That would be quite consistent to the build up of the story. Tyrells had always been Targ Loyalists. Ever since the Tyrells had sealed an alliance with the Lannisters, the Tyrells had worked extra hard to appease the smallfolk. Meanwhile the lion hasn't stopped poking the rose, causing Loras death and Margaery's arrest. If Cersei goes wild and Mace ends up a victim of her madness, then there's absolutely nothing to stop the wiser Willas to stage that coup. 

9 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

It's likely part of Martin's "gardening" writing style. I mean would have the Aegon story been more interesting if he had been a POV and we saw him in exile on the poleboat or wherever he was earlier. I'd imagine that the readers would have been tired of that pretty quickly. He was added the story just before he heads to Westeros to become a player. 

Agreed the expectation is that Aegon is supposed to be a flash in the pan to the readers. This makes me think he will actually be important to the end of the story.

Oh I agree just a lot of readers seem to think that he came in late which means he is unimportant. Yet as you say the seeds of his return were there for awhile.

Also yes the Mereenese knot has been an issue for him and readers.

Don't forget the "friends in the Reach" also the Stormlords are always willing to follow a successful leader so I am sure that some will join him.

Please read my previous post

17 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Euron will take care of the Redwynes. And Illyrio can drink as many casks of Arbor gold from Runceford Redwyne's private stock - the Redwynes would never betrayed their close allies and kin, the Tyrells.

The same should go for the Hightowers. They can declare for Aegon all day long but it doesn't look as if they will be able to send him any men while the Ironborn control the seas, and without men they simply don't matter.

Why would they? They have a good thing going with Mace Tyrell and a 10k army will not sway anybody to break the ranks. Not to forget that currently the Reach is being invaded. Surely neither the Redwynes nor the Hightowers would be such an arse to abandon the defense of their region to fight for some Blackfyre?

It is not just the Hightowers and Redwynes, a majority of the men still left in the Reach - lords, knights, and common men alike - will be too occupied with defending their own lands and castles as well as Willas and Garlan's campaign to retake the Shield Islands. They won't be able to send many men to Aegon's help even if they wanted to.

But it is odd to assume that a majority of them would - many lords of the Reach greatly profited from the Tyrell campaign to support Renly and Joffrey, and right now Willas and Garlan are leading the war efforts of the Reach against the Ironborn. They would betray them as well as Mace if they suddenly decided to back the wrong horse. Any men some Reach lord would now send to Aegon would be missed during the actual defense of the Reach.

It would be comparable to some Northern lords deciding to ignore both the Ironborn invasion of the North as well as Robb's campaign in the Riverlands and instead sending men to support Stannis. Such kind of behavior would quickly raise the ire of their neighbors.

Now, should the Golden Company defeat the Tyrell army marching against Storm's End things could change. But that will depend on the outcome of the battle and how the survivors/captives are treated. If Aegon were to capture quite a few Reach lords and landed knight alive and decided to treat them kindly he could win their allegiance.

And we have no idea how long Mace and Margaery will stand loyal to Tommen. If Tommen dies, their alliance is over. If the Margaery is found guilty, the alliance is over. If the marriage is annulled, the alliance is over. If there is open fighting/violence between the Lannisters and Tyrells in the wake of Kevan's death the alliance could be over. If Tommen is declared a bastard/loses his crown, the alliance is effectively over.

And so on. The Lannisters are stuck with Tommen and Myrcella, but the Tyrells are not. 

However we already know that Dorne simply do not have the men to go toe to toe against the Tyrell-Lannister army. Doran is also said to be very cautious so to pit him in a war against such odds would be out of his nature. Therefore if GRRM wants to make Aegon credible then something unrealistic must happen for the Tyrell-Lannister alliance to collapse (Margaery's and probably Mace's death). Which would portray the Lannisters as a bunch of incompetent fools.

The thing is that there is no Lannister army in KL. Not anymore. Cersei sent the Westermen back home in AFfC, and the remnants of their forces are right now tied up in the Riverlands.

The Lannisters would have to raise a new army to do something against Aegon, something that is not likely to happen (soon). Thus only about 30,000-40,000 Tyrell men stand against the Golden Company. But the political situation in KL makes it unlikely that Mace can risk sending all his men against Aegon. If he keeps half of them back in the capital to keep the peace there (which might be necessary in light of the rising power of the Faith Militant) he would send only 15,000-20,000 against the Golden Company.

With them having elephants, an army of very disciplined professional soldiers, and archers using goldenheart bows I'm rather confident that they could defeat that army, especially if they choose the battlefield and have a good plan how to press their advantages.

Should they win that battle Aegon should have reached a turning point. While Tommen might still have the power to defeat him eventually his successes should convince a lot of people that he might actually be Rhaegar's son, and that's going to cause a lot of people to either join him or at least not oppose him.

With 20,000 Dornishmen joining him as well as many Stormlords and quite a few Reach lords (those who survive the battle as well as the actual friends of the Golden Company in the Reach, the Merryweathers and Peakes) Aegon should have the strength to attack and take KL, especially if Varys prepares the city for him. At that point even the Tyrells might no longer oppose him. But that would depend on Margaery's trial and the political situation in KL in general.

2 hours ago, devilish said:

Why would they? They have a good thing going with Mace Tyrell and a 10k army will not sway anybody to break the ranks. Not to forget that currently the Reach is being invaded. Surely neither the Redwynes nor the Hightowers would be such an arse to abandon the defense of their region to fight for some Blackfyre?. 

Perhaps the Blackfyre will fight for Hightower and Redwyne to win the Reach? 

2 hours ago, devilish said:

I am more inclined to believe that Dorne would join Aegon. If he can make Doran believe that he's Elia's son then the Martells will be duty bound to defend his claim. If GRRM wanted to beefen up Aegon then he would have made sure that the Velaryons wouldn't join the war of 5 kings. That would give Faegon more men. However we already know that Dorne simply do not have the men to go toe to toe against the Tyrell-Lannister army. Doran is also said to be very cautious so to pit him in a war against such odds would be out of his nature. Therefore if GRRM wants to make Aegon credible then something unrealistic must happen for the Tyrell-Lannister alliance to collapse (Margaery's and probably Mace's death). Which would portray the Lannisters as a bunch of incompetent fools.

I don't think we should expect all lords of a particular region to fight for one side or the other. Rather, we should see (and have seen) divisions within regions and within houses even. So, Aegon might draw support from the Reach, the Crownlands, the Riverlands, the Westerlands, and the Vale. 

3 hours ago, devilish said:

Regarding the second point...well it would be nice to see the pissed off Tyrells staging a successful coup in KL, possibly with the legitimacy given to them by the Faith.Cersei would be arrested and executed alongside Tommen, freeing Margaery to marry a triumphant Aegon. Jamie would escape to CR to raise an army there. That would be quite consistent to the build up of the story. Tyrells had always been Targ Loyalists. Ever since the Tyrells had sealed an alliance with the Lannisters, the Tyrells had worked extra hard to appease the smallfolk. Meanwhile the lion hasn't stopped poking the rose, causing Loras death and Margaery's arrest. If Cersei goes wild and Mace ends up a victim of her madness, then there's absolutely nothing to stop the wiser Willas to stage that coup. 

Yeah, all bets are off in King's Landing right now. Anything could happen. 

2 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Euron will take care of the Redwynes. And Illyrio can drink as many casks of Arbor gold from Runceford Redwyne's private stock - the Redwynes would never betrayed their close allies and kin, the Tyrells.

I don't recall reading so much about House Redwyne to determine with absolute certainty that Redwyne would never turn on Tyrell. But I do agree that Redwyne power is about to be reduced dramatically. 

The same should go for the Hightowers. They can declare for Aegon all day long but it doesn't look as if they will be able to send him any men while the Ironborn control the seas, and without men they simply don't matter. 

It is not just the Hightowers and Redwynes, a majority of the men still left in the Reach - lords, knights, and common men alike - will be too occupied with defending their own lands and castles as well as Willas and Garlan's campaign to retake the Shield Islands. They won't be able to send many men to Aegon's help even if they wanted to.

Man, the Ironmen are really, really powerful... They have pinned down the might of Hightower, and those same Ironmen have Garlan and Willas occupied... oh, and the Redwynes are about to be crushed by the Ironmen. And I almost forgot about the Iron Fleet off in Slaver's Bay. Good thing the Ironmen abandoned the North, or they might be stretched a bit thin. 

But it is odd to assume that a majority of them would - many lords of the Reach greatly profited from the Tyrell campaign to support Renly and Joffrey, and right now Willas and Garlan are leading the war efforts of the Reach against the Ironborn. They would betray them as well as Mace if they suddenly decided to back the wrong horse. Any men some Reach lord would now send to Aegon would be missed during the actual defense of the Reach.

In Arianne II, Winds, don't we learn that 

Spoiler

Mace's army in the Crownlands is on it's way to fight Aegon, and that Aegon intends to meet them? 

If Aegon defeats Mace, I think Willas will be hard pressed to retain the loyalty of the lords of the Reach. 

It would be comparable to some Northern lords deciding to ignore both the Ironborn invasion of the North as well as Robb's campaign in the Riverlands and instead sending men to support Stannis. Such kind of behavior would quickly raise the ire of their neighbors.

Unless Manderly had his fingers crossed behind his back, Stannis is earning the support of the North by sweeping up the Ironmen (damn there are a lot of those buggers), and fighting Bolton and Frey. Aegon might have the same opportunity by fighting against the Ironmen, and perhaps the Lamnisters if Cersei gets back to mucking up the great western alliance, and perhaps even Daenerys's foreign army (although I think those two will ally before they fight). 

Now, should the Golden Company defeat the Tyrell army marching against Storm's End things could change. But that will depend on the outcome of the battle and how the survivors/captives are treated. If Aegon were to capture quite a few Reach lords and landed knight alive and decided to treat them kindly he could win their allegiance.

I know, huh? That's a good reason not to say things like, oh that will never happen, or that makes no sense. 

And we have no idea how long Mace and Margaery will stand loyal to Tommen. If Tommen dies, their alliance is over. If the Margaery is found guilty, the alliance is over. If the marriage is annulled, the alliance is over. If there is open fighting/violence between the Lannisters and Tyrells in the wake of Kevan's death the alliance could be over. If Tommen is declared a bastard/loses his crown, the alliance is effectively over.

And so on. The Lannisters are stuck with Tommen and Myrcella, but the Tyrells are not. 

The thing is that there is no Lannister army in KL. Not anymore. Cersei sent the Westermen back home in AFfC, and the remnants of their forces are right now tied up in the Riverlands.

The Lannisters would have to raise a new army to do something against Aegon, something that is not likely to happen (soon). Thus only about 30,000-40,000 Tyrell men stand against the Golden Company. But the political situation in KL makes it unlikely that Mace can risk sending all his men against Aegon. If he keeps half of them back in the capital to keep the peace there (which might be necessary in light of the rising power of the Faith Militant) he would send only 15,000-20,000 against the Golden Company.

I do agree that Lannister is nearly spent, but haven't you argued elsewhere that Cersei might ally with Euron? 

With them having elephants, an army of very disciplined professional soldiers, and archers using goldenheart bows I'm rather confident that they could defeat that army, especially if they choose the battlefield and have a good plan how to press their advantages.

Should they win that battle Aegon should have reached a turning point. While Tommen might still have the power to defeat him eventually his successes should convince a lot of people that he might actually be Rhaegar's son, and that's going to cause a lot of people to either join him or at least not oppose him.

With 20,000 Dornishmen joining him as well as many Stormlords and quite a few Reach lords (those who survive the battle as well as the actual friends of the Golden Company in the Reach, the Merryweathers and Peakes) Aegon should have the strength to attack and take KL, especially if Varys prepares the city for him. At that point even the Tyrells might no longer oppose him. But that would depend on Margaery's trial and the political situation in KL in general.

Didn't you start this post by saying there was no way Redwyne or Hightower would choose to, or be able to, join Aegon over Tyrell? 

21 hours ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Perhaps the Blackfyre will fight for Hightower and Redwyne to win the Reach? 

I don't think we should expect all lords of a particular region to fight for one side or the other. Rather, we should see (and have seen) divisions within regions and within houses even. So, Aegon might draw support from the Reach, the Crownlands, the Riverlands, the Westerlands, and the Vale. 

Yeah, all bets are off in King's Landing right now. Anything could happen. 

In the clash of kings we had 3 main houses who turned against their Wardens/LP ie the Freys, the Boltons and The Florents 
The Freys and the Boltons sided with their Warden/LP until it was evident that he had lost the war. Both had valid casus belli. The former would claim that the King dishonoured them by breaking his promise. Roose would claim that Robb wasn’t king anymore since he lost the North. He also had to take care of his house interests especially since he was the last Bolton alive
The Florents were the only ones of the lot who went against their LP from day 1. They also have a valid casus belli. Stannis wife was in fact a Florent so they were bound by blood to fight alongside him. Also by siding with the younger brother, the Tyrells had created a discrepancy in inheritance law. If Joffrey was illegitimate (something the Tyrells agreed upon, hence why they sided with Renly) then Stannis should be the rightful king not Renly. The Florents could argue that their LP had refused to abide to the inheritance rule and thus they were in duty to side with their rightful king and against them.  Not to forget that the Florents had never fought the Tyrells in battlefield (it was the Tyrells who attacked the Florents at blackwater’s bay not viceversa).
House Hightower and House Redwyne have no reason to rebel.  There’s no way to proof that Aegon is a Targeryan and even if he is, Aerys had stripped his father from the line of succession in favour of Viserys. That means that Danny and not Aegon is next in line to the crown. Also both houses had bent the knee to Robert and Joffrey, legitimising (from those houses side) their rule over Westeros. 

From ‘blood’ point of view it would be an outrage. The queen’s mother is a Hightower and her grandmother is a Redwyne. If these houses rebel then they would be not only against their LP and their king but also against their very blood. All of which would occur at a time when the Reach is being attacked. The risk is far too high (the Reach alone can raise 4-5 times the troops the GC can raise) and the benefits too few for them to go through that route.

As said the more realistic option would be 
a-    Dorne joins Aegon. 
b-    Cersei goes full Reynes of Castamere over the Tyrells residing in KL forcing Willas to switch sides
c-    The Tyrells decide that its time to pull the plug over the Lannister rule, they stage a successful coup in KL with Cersei/Tommen ending up executed and Aegon is crowned king with Margaery becoming his queen. That would fulfill Maggy's prophecy. 

Archived