Does fAegon annoy anyone else?

Canon Claude

1 minute ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:
  Hide contents

From the fact that the ONLY question GRRM asked of D&D before allowing them produce his series for TV was who Jon's mother is, and they got the answer right. In all other things the show makes little difference (because they've made too many changes, particularly ones that make no sense) but there is no way they changed that detail.

Besides which every clue in the books indicates that Lyanna gave birth, and right after finding her that way Ned shows up with a baby who looks like her (emphasized in the text by Arya looking like her, and Arya thinking that only she and Jon look alike). And then of course there's the fact that there is literally no reason for Ned not to tell Cat the truth at some point unless Jon is Lyanna's and Ned thinks the father was a Targaryen.

GRRM asked D&D on the parentage of Jon Snow because he wanted to test if they were fans since he wanted his books series to be translated to tv by worthy producers.

R+L=J is a good theory and it is certain that that is what  D&D answerd but it dosn't have to be the right answer but it was an answer that George was happy with because it proved to him that D&D were the dudes right for the job.

Just now, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Oh, by the way OP, yes I find Aegon annoying. Be he real or fake he gets on my nerves.

My take is that Jon fulfills TPTWP (one of many AA archetype prophesies), as evidenced by the phrase "promise me". I can't think of any other royal heirs so closely placed to the specific word "promise".

1 minute ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

GRRM asked D&D on the parentage of Jon Snow because he wanted to test if they were fans since he wanted his books series to be translated to tv by worthy producers.

R+L=J is a good theory and it is certain that that is what  D&D answerd but it dosn't have to be the right answer but it was an answer that George was happy with because it proved to him that D&D were the dudes right for the job.

George specifically asked them who Jon's mother is. Not who his father is. And he said they got the answer right. 

Getting back on topic...yes, Aegon is a bit petulant and easily manipulated. His temperament is halfway between Dany and Viserys. His coming up in the 5th book pretty much rules him out as a central character. There's just no time to develop him, and that development is pretty much reserved for POV characters.

19 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Except that GRRM has said there is no question that Rhaenys was killed by Amory Lorch. I think his wording was that she was dragged from beneath her father's bed and killed.

I think you misunderstood.  Varys (possibly) DID have a double for Rhaenys, but no one could find her in time.  Therefore, no swap would be done.  Amory Lorch had all the time in the world though, and found her and killed her. 

4 minutes ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

Please link to me George saying they answerd right.

2 minutes ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

You wont find it :D

Actually I did.

Link to interview: http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-3-4-george-r-r-martin-interview/

Salient parts...

GRRM: I did ask them a few pointed question to determine whether they had actually read the books, and they gave me the right answers

Dan Weiss: DAN WEISS:  He asked us, “Who is Jon Snow’s mother?”  We had discussed it before, and we gave a shocking answer.  At that point, George didn’t actually say whether or not we were right or wrong, but his smile was his tell.  We knew we had passed the Wonka test, at that point. 

There's no reason he would have had that reaction if they'd gotten it wrong. He would have wanted people working on the story who could see the carefully planted clues and follow them to the correct conclusion. 

6 minutes ago, Isobel Harper said:

I think you misunderstood.  Varys (possibly) DID have a double for Rhaenys, but no one could find her in time.  Therefore, no swap would be done.  Amory Lorch had all the time in the world though, and found her and killed her. 

No, I didn't. 

On ELIA’S CHILDREN
Q: I was wondering if you could answer (or take the "fifth") one teeny little question I've been dying to ask for the past year: Are Aegon and Rhaenys, Elia's children, well and truly dead?

A: All I have to say is that there is absolutely no doubt that little Princess Rhaenys was dragged from beneath her father's bed and slain.

Wish I had misunderstood. :(

4 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

No, I didn't. 

Wish I had misunderstood. :(

Yes, you did. ;)

I'm not saying that Rhaenys is alive.  I'm saying that Varys possibly had a double for Rhaenys too, but he was unable to find her and unable to do the swap.  

Therefore, Rhaenys stayed in the Red Keep and was murdered anyway. 

Just now, Isobel Harper said:

Yes, you did. ;)

I'm not saying that Rhaenys is alive.  I'm saying that Varys possibly had a double for Rhaenys too, but he was unable to find her and unable to do the swap.  

Therefore, Rhaenys stayed in the Red Keep and was murdered anyway. 

Oh, I misunderstood YOU!  Yes, you're right about that.

6 minutes ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

Watch Order of the Green hand's videos

Can't do any watching til later, but I'm highly skeptical of alternatives on this. 

There may be other logistical possibilities, but what about the ridiculous amount of symbolic association with Jon and Fire? Why would the KG be hanging out there watching Rhaegar's side chick die if there's no royalty involved? 

8 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Actually I did.

Link to interview: http://collider.com/game-of-thrones-season-3-4-george-r-r-martin-interview/

Salient parts...

There's no reason he would have had that reaction if they'd gotten it wrong. He would have wanted people working on the story who could see the carefully planted clues and follow them to the correct conclusion. 

He smiled because they gave him an answer he was satisfyed with. The R+L=J requires research to figure out and he wanted to make sure he sold his babies to people who had actually read the books and that were intrested in asoiaf. That does not mean that it was the right answer. The theory i subscribe to that Eddard and Lyanna are Jon's parents and Rhaegar and Lyanna are Aegon's parents require a ridicolous amount of research. 

He was happy that he sold the books to people who were fans BUT IT DOSNT MEAN THAT THEY WERE RIGHT IN THEIR ANSWER.

16 minutes ago, cgrav said:

Getting back on topic...yes, Aegon is a bit petulant and easily manipulated. His temperament is halfway between Dany and Viserys. His coming up in the 5th book pretty much rules him out as a central character. There's just no time to develop him, and that development is pretty much reserved for POV characters.

Agreed. The kid is toast.

Just now, cgrav said:

Can't do any watching til later, but I'm highly skeptical of alternatives on this. 

There may be other logistical possibilities, but what about the ridiculous amount of symbolic association with Jon and Fire? Why would the KG be hanging out there watching Rhaegar's side chick die if there's no royalty involved? 

I checked out their YT channel. I'll look at some of the videos, but I'm not holding out much hope given that they devote two entire videos to why Catelyn sucks, and that it takes them four videos to put together a decent case for N+A=J.

1 minute ago, cgrav said:

Dragons and White walkers Stark and Targaryen

His pregnant wife was there. 

Archived