Bittersweet ending of your choice

Kenton Stark

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, Kenton Stark said:

Given GRRM's bittersweet ending, I would be interested in hearing your choices from the following 

1. Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives, Jon, Bran Tyrion?

2.Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives Dany, Sansa, Arya?

3. Only one of these characters die , the others survive and flourish, Ramsey, Petyr or Euron?

4. Only one Direwolf or only one Dragon gets to survive, which onedo you choose?

5.  Only one of these secondary houses survives, Manderly,Umber, Blackwood, Dayne, Royce or Hightower which one do you choose?

6. Choose one of these events. 7 kingdoms break up and are ruled individually, Dany goes back to Essos and rebuilds the Freehold but abolishes slavery or Westeros is saved but the darkness/winter/ghost grass from Asshahi takes over the entire continent of Essos (the narrow sea is the new wall).

1.  Tyrion.  Jon bores me and Bran's storyline is the WORST (sorry, I just don't care about anything north of the wall) but Tyrion's always engaging. 

2.  Arya.  She's the only one I feel has earned it.  Sansa has screwed up at every turn and Daeny has been born with special powers and then handed insanely valuable dragon eggs, but Arya's has to scrape the whole way through and always ends up on top.

3.  Ramsey dies.  I like Littlefinger as a character, and Euron isn't interesting enough to be to be The Big Bad, but Ramsey can rot in hell.

4. Nymeria lives.  I feel positive that the ending involves Drogon's death, and the other two dragons are interchangeable for me right now, so pick one of the others out of a hat.

5.  Manderly.  They seem like a good lot, unlike at least some of the people in the other families.

6.  I absolutely believe the ending has the 7 kingdoms break up and ruled individually (I think this is Daeny's doing, and that she also frees the other 2 dragons after Drogon dies).

16 minutes ago, Smirking Knight said:

Regarding #2, it's my pet theory that the FM will assign Arya to kill Dany and that she'll do so in disguise and in front of Jon. She'll die shortly thereafter, either by Jon's hand or someone close by, echoing the death of the only other girl Jon really loved, Ygritte. So, Sansa. 

:huh: What.

17 minutes ago, Smirking Knight said:

Regarding #2, it's my pet theory that the FM will assign Arya to kill Dany and that she'll do so in disguise and in front of Jon. She'll die shortly thereafter, either by Jon's hand or someone close by, echoing the death of the only other girl Jon really loved, Ygritte. So, Sansa. 

Mine is that Arya will leave the FM, someone will take out a hit on Dany, and Arya will save her because she is uniquely qualified to spot "no one." 

35 minutes ago, Smirking Knight said:

Definitely also plausible - Dany and Arya are too closely linked (through Jon) and the FM and Valyrians have too much history for all these roads NOT to cross somehow. I've always thought, given the promise of a bittersweet ending, that it'll end at least somewhat badly. 

What you described wasn't "somewhat badly". It was disgustingly tragic with both Dany & Arya getting the 100% bitter end. I love how the owner of the direwolf that died by a Stark's hand gets off killing another Stark instead. I mean? 

I think all those are more of a horrible ending then a bitter sweet ending. Personally I think tyrion and jon snow will live as will dany. Ghost will likely survive as well. The only dragon who's name I remember is drogo (not even sure if that is right) so it would be him. I see ramsey dying soon and that is great. Euron is just so insane that he will get himself killed soon. Petyr will be the one who survives I think. Out of the three bad guys you mentioned only petyr seems to have both control and intelligence to go with being evil. I think the seven kingdoms will be reunited under dany

1 hour ago, Smirking Knight said:

dude That is horrible! please don't let martin read that. That makes the red wedding seem like a fun day with tyrion

1 hour ago, Smirking Knight said:

Definitely also plausible - Dany and Arya are too closely linked (through Jon) and the FM and Valyrians have too much history for all these roads NOT to cross somehow. I've always thought, given the promise of a bittersweet ending, that it'll end at least somewhat badly. 

And one of the tenets of the FM is that you avoid people you are connected too.

23 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I think all those are more of a horrible ending then a bitter sweet ending. Personally I think tyrion and jon snow will live as will dany. Ghost will likely survive as well. The only dragon who's name I remember is drogo (not even sure if that is right) so it would be him. I see ramsey dying soon and that is great. Euron is just so insane that he will get himself killed soon. Petyr will be the one who survives I think. Out of the three bad guys you mentioned only petyr seems to have both control and intelligence to go with being evil. I think the seven kingdoms will be reunited under dany

You mean Drogon. You were really close though since Dany named him after Drogo.

22 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

And one of the tenets of the FM is that you avoid people you are connected too.

Six degrees of Ser Kevyn Baecon, eh?

On 2/17/2017 at 1:20 PM, Kenton Stark said:

Given GRRM's bittersweet ending, I would be interested in hearing your choices from the following 

1. Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives, Jon, Bran Tyrion?

Is this a prediction? Tyrion will survive to the end. Bran might as well, but he won't be "Bran" at that point. Jon will die.

2.Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives Dany, Sansa, Arya?

Dany HAS to die for the story to make sense. Sansa might survive. Arya might survive, but her situation is much like Bran's.

3. Only one of these characters die , the others survive and flourish, Ramsey, Petyr or Euron?

Petyr survives if Sansa does. Euron and Ramsay both probably have to die.

4. Only one Direwolf or only one Dragon gets to survive, which onedo you choose?

I really don't care about the animals. They're symbols and/or plot devices, not characters. Just my opinion.

5.  Only one of these secondary houses survives, Manderly,Umber, Blackwood, Dayne, Royce or Hightower which one do you choose?

Hightower. Obviously.

6. Choose one of these events. 7 kingdoms break up and are ruled individually, Dany goes back to Essos and rebuilds the Freehold but abolishes slavery or Westeros is saved but the darkness/winter/ghost grass from Asshahi takes over the entire continent of Essos (the narrow sea is the new wall).

Well gosh, none of the above. The seven kingdoms will be in anarchy as the fimbulwinter falls upon them. Dany is the one death I'm 100% sure of. There is no "saving" Westeros. Whatever "sweetness" is in the ending, it doesn't involve the "good guys" "winning".

Jon Snow rises from the dead to lead the Others south...south to save Westeros from the Euron, Dany, and the dragons; all with Ramsey serving a critical role.  Meanwhile Bran is sucked into the weirnet where he can only bitterly try and interfere with Jon & the Others; Rickon is used as a tool for conquering the north until he dies, and Arya is finally caught by the faceless men as she completes her deathlist.

Leaving Sansa as the only Stark child to really survive the story, as she inherits Harrenhal from LF and lifts the curse...creating a safe haven from the carnage wrought by Jon, Euron & Dany.

12 hours ago, SFDanny said:

Let's see, let's see. How about all the characters are dead, but the dragons are full!

Well, some people would call that bittersweet. Some would call it terrible. And some would call it a huge win.

But it doesn't much matter what we think, because GRRM was speaking from his own POV when he was talking about the ending. He considers it to be bittersweet. There's no telling how the fandom will divide over how bitter or how sweet it ends up being on our end.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, Kenton Stark said:

1. Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives, Jon, Bran Tyrion? Bran as weirnet

2.Which of these characters , you only get to choose one , survives Dany, Sansa, Arya? Arya. She can even wear the other two's faces from time to time.

3. Only one of these characters die , the others survive and flourish, Ramsey, Petyr or Euron? Petyr. As a player he just seems the most dangerous of the bunch to me.

4. Only one Direwolf or only one Dragon gets to survive, which onedo you choose? Ghost for sure. Dragons are boring.

5.  Only one of these secondary houses survives, Manderly,Umber, Blackwood, Dayne, Royce or Hightower which one do you choose? Manderly. Bonus points Hot Pie hooks up with them before the end of the series.

6. Choose one of these events. 7 kingdoms break up and are ruled individually, Dany goes back to Essos and rebuilds the Freehold but abolishes slavery or Westeros is saved but the darkness/winter/ghost grass from Asshahi takes over the entire continent of Essos (the narrow sea is the new wall). 7 Kingdoms are 7 kingdoms. Or more than one at any rate. I'd settle for about 4.

An ending could be bittersweet, even if most of our favourite characters survive.  Say:-

1.  Dany defeats the Others, and rules Westeros as a ruthless tyrant, covering the hills with forests of stakes and gibbets.

2. Sansa learns from Petyr Baelish, and ends up as a murderous, lying, hypocrite.

3.  Bran becomes  a tree.

4. Arya survives the series, working as chief torturer for a company of sellswords.

5. Tyrion gets Casterly Rock, and spends the rest of his life as a bitter alcoholic, hated by all, and filled with remorse for his crimes.

6. Jon Snow lives on, in hiding from his murderous aunt.

Archived