Predictions for the battle of fire.

George has stated that at the start of the winds of winter we will have two battles, the battle ice and the battle of fire. Today I would like to focus on the battle of fire.

I want to know who you think is going to win and how you think they will do it. 

Predictions for who will die and who will live to die another day.

Also your prediction on how the dragons will come into the action.

Spoiler alert.

Its worth noting that there has been 4/5 sample chapters on the battle so far. The battle is between the Yunkai and Volantis forces vs Baristan and the unsullied who are fighting on behalf of there queen. Vic has arrived with a dragon horn and 50 plus ships to help danny. Tyrion is still with the second sons. However the second sons are likely to go on to baristan's side. The Tattered Prince will also be involved. Daario is allegedly captured but I am not sure how true that is. Some say that he is Euron in disguise.  

There's also the small matter of two dragons.

• 2 weeks later...

I dare say that Daenaerys' loyal people will utterly destroy their enemies both due to the fact that many sellswords will switch sides, that the Yunkai and Volantis forces are jokes and that to this the Greyjoys shows up to side with Daenaerys. It will be less of a battle and more of a massacre of the besiegers of Meereen as only the legions from New Ghis would seem to be a serious opponent, and I think they are far to few to win this battle by themselves.

The way I see it is that  the purpose for this battle is to destroy all enemies who are in the field against Meereen and this will set things up for Daenaerys to leave Essos with no unfinished business behind.

4 minutes ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

Direct me to the right one then.

It would be better placed and get more interest in the main General (ASoIaF) sub-forum. If you report your OP and ask nicely, then a mod will probably move the topic for you.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

Spoiler alert.

Its worth noting that there has been 4/5 sample chapters on the battle so far. The battle is between the Yunkai and Volantis forces vs Baristan and the unsullied who are fighting on behalf of there queen. Vic has arrived with a dragon horn and 50 plus ships to help danny. Tyrion is still with the second sons. However the second sons are likely to go on to baristan's side. The Tattered Prince will also be involved. Daario is allegedly captured but I am not sure how true that is. Some say that he is Euron in disguise.  

There's also the small matter of two dragons.

The people who say Euron is Dario mysteriously left the forum when the Aeron sample chapter came out.  You should check it out if you interested in spoilers.  There are some transcription errors in the thread on the winds sub forum, but it's mainly accurate.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-03-07 at 2:51 AM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

The people who say Euron is Dario mysteriously left the forum when the Aeron sample chapter came out.  You should check it out if you interested in spoilers.  There are some transcription errors in the thread on the winds sub forum, but it's mainly accurate.

Haha I've read the Aeron sample chapter and I still think he could be Daario. Why would that chapter make people think it's impossible?

3 hours ago, Adam Targaryen said:

Haha I've read the Aeron sample chapter and I still think he could be Daario. Why would that chapter make people think it's impossible?

The whole basis for that theory is that Euron has been magically sailing back and forth, the Aeron sample chapter shows that he has been off the coast of the Reach the whole time since Victarion set out to slavers bay, and we know he was on the iron Islands for over a month before that during the time the Kingsmoot was being called.  That amount of time takes us back well before Dario was given to the Yunkai as a hostage, so they are accounted for in separate locations at the same time, even though we cannot pin down the times exactly.

I feel like grrm has made a habit of allowing dany to breeze through conflicts, often via a deus ex machina. Just look at her buying the unsullied, at the house of the warlocks, the fighting pits, and even the pure she hatched her eggs in. She admits at the end of Adwd that she would be nowhere without her dragons. I could see either two dragons or dany and the dothraki, come through and just demolish the enemy at the end of the battle.

i think grrm does this to show that dragons are so powerful they can't really coexist with humanity. Whomever has one can do whatever they want to people without dragons. It's fine when it's a moral person like dany, but what happens when it's an aerys or viserys type who holds the last dragon. Dragons=nukes

At some point, they'll be facing whatever horrible offering Qyburn is cooking up in his dungeon of delights.  If anyone can work out how to poison a dragon, it's that bloke.  Wildfire is probably boring - he's more the 'melt entire people and leave the buildings standing' type.

Archived