Top 5 Favorite Characters (POV vs non-POV)

Needle of Ice

19 hours ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

#1: Catelyn Tully Stark - I love everything about her. 

#2: Brienne of Tarth - The character I share the most in common with, although in the opposite way (displaying many female traits while being a straight male can be tough, yo) [Also I liked her as a non-POV and a POV]

#3: Barristan Selmy - It got harder after 1 and 2, but I really like Barristan.

#4: Jon Snow - I hate to choose someone so popular, but I look forward to his chapters and although sometimes I disagree with him, many of his moves are awesome.

#5: Eddard (the bad game player) Stark - Boy did he piss me off, but he was also a likeable guy.

I sadly just couldnt put any non POVs, but Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarrian were close (they basically kind of took each other out..as a duo they would be above  Eddard) Also honerable mention 2:

HM #1: Jhogo - There shouldbe more of him taking people out with whips and I would love if GRRM would humanize at least one Dothraki character some more, Jhogo or another bloodrider picking up the common tongue and having a personality other than fhe average dothraki could accomplish this.

HM #2: Tytos Blackwood - The last Robb supporter to give up, an honerable man with guts. Need to see him a bit more to put him on the list though.

Great list! I definitely agree about the Dothraki characters. That would be interesting if a Dothraki character rose to more significance in the plot or even had POV chapters.

Just finished reading the books after being a show-only fan for a long time.  Probably hard to separate my show-first bias, but this is an attempt at books only interpretation.  Oberyn would have been one of the top 5 based on show-only.

1. Stannis Baratheon
  2. Jaime Lannister
  3. Tywin Lannister
  4. Sandor Clegane
  5. Davos Seaworth

Archived