House of the Undying Visions: Cups and Naked Women

300 H&H Magnum

3 hours ago, 300 H&H Mag said:

Thanks

I believe the game involved kicking a ball through a hoop to score.  That sounds harder than football to me.  The goal is a lot smaller and it is presumably defended like in football.

Nobody is really sure what those arenas were for. The game is just a theory. A likely one, though. 

15 hours ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

OP is likely referring to this passage

In the long hall, the things I saw . . . were they true visions, or lies? Past things, or things to come? What did they mean?"

This is Dany presenting a direct question.

the shape of shadows . . . morrows not yet made . . . drink from the cup of ice . . . drink from the cup of fire . . .

The reply follows.  The answer implies that drinking from the cups would allow one to see these visions.  I am satisfied that the contents of the cups refer to the chemicals given to Dany and Bran.  It seemed to alter their consciousness temporarily and allowed them to see these visions.

17 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

300 H&H Mag said:

Thank you but not as helpful as I would have hoped 

16 hours ago, TheSlayerofLies said:

OP is likely referring to this passage

Thank you. The passage was referring to Dany specifically. and the shade of the evening is the cup of ice and the cup of fire.  It seem that the connection that 300 H&H Mag sees in this passage is that because the undying tried to trap dany, take her dragons and consume her life would be parallel to Bran, where the CTOF would trap Bran and use him for their nefarious purposes.  This connection does not work, as Bran is being trained to use his innate powers as opposed to being trapped and consumed.  

Archived