Can Children of the Forest mate with humans?

Sea Dragon

On 2/22/2017 at 7:56 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Alleged. Nobody knows for sure, but it certainly fits the Targ propaganda that only they can ride dragons now.

By the way @Sea Dragon Nettles was a character who lived during the Dance of the Dragons. She tamed a dragon named Sheepstealer by feeding it sheep and became a dragonrider for the Blacks. It's unknown what happened to her but many suspect she survived and there's a reference somewhere to a fire witch in the Vale among the mountain clans (I forget whether she had a dragon but I think that was part of it). Nettles is mentioned in the novella The Princess and the Queen.

I'd say yes it is possible, but it's by no means proven. Even info in TWOIAF is subject to error. That's why Martin had it having been "written" by a maester. Author bias and just plain wrong information could be in anything in TWOIAF. That tricksy Martinses.(insert Gollum emoji)

Now, on to the magical aspects (and leaving Chihuahuas out) it is said that Wildling women lay with Others during the Long Night and had terrible half-human children. Night's Queen, if she ever existed could well have been one of those half-humans. If that's possible, certainly CotF-human hybrids would be possible. But again, we don't know.

She went underground. Duh. ;)

Wow. Thank you for that information. I asked the poster Lord Varys on another thread if the additional books were worth reading, but he has not replied yet. What do you think? Are the additional books needed to understand the story fully?

6 minutes ago, Sea Dragon said:

Wow. Thank you for that information. I asked the poster Lord Varys on another thread if the additional books were worth reading, but he has not replied yet. What do you think? Are the additional books needed to understand the story fully?

I would recommend reading them just for fun.

You don't need to read them to fully understand the series, but there are some fun potential clues in them. One example is the idea that Varys is a Targaryen of some kind because he's said to be "bald as an egg" and Egg in the Dunk and Egg stories shaves his hair off so people won't know he's a Targaryen.

14 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I would recommend reading them just for fun.

You don't need to read them to fully understand the series, but there are some fun potential clues in them. One example is the idea that Varys is a Targaryen of some kind because he's said to be "bald as an egg" and Egg in the Dunk and Egg stories shaves his hair off so people won't know he's a Targaryen.

Wow again. Ok. I think I can order them online. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Sea Dragon said:

Wow again. Ok. I think I can order them online. Thank you.

You're welcome. The Dunk and Egg ones should be easy to find with the graphic novel versions out. I had to track down old anthologies to find mine.  The titles are The Hedge Knight, The Sworn Sword, and The Mystery Knight. I vaguely recall something about one book with all three in it called A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. But I'm not sure on that.

The Princess and the Queen is in an anthology called Dangerous Women. The Rogue Prince is in one called Rogues. I still don't have that one yet.

If you already have all the titles, I apologize for wasting time with this post. :)

4 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

You're welcome. The Dunk and Egg ones should be easy to find with the graphic novel versions out. I had to track down old anthologies to find mine.  The titles are The Hedge Knight, The Sworn Sword, and The Mystery Knight. I vaguely recall something about one book with all three in it called A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms. But I'm not sure on that.

The Princess and the Queen is in an anthology called Dangerous Women. The Rogue Prince is in one called Rogues. I still don't have that one yet.

If you already have all the titles, I apologize for wasting time with this post. :)

Yes! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Knight-Seven-Kingdoms-Song-Prequel/dp/0007507674/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488252624&sr=8-1&keywords=a+knight+of+the+seven+kingdoms

1 hour ago, Sea Dragon said:

The Dunk and Egg stories are an absolute delight. As @Lady Blizzardborn said, they're not a "must read" for you to understand ASoIaF fully, but they're full of little (and not so little) gems, about Bloodraven, we get to see (briefly) a snotty 4 yrs old Walder Frey, etc. I adore D&E! :wub:

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The Dunk and Egg stories are an absolute delight. As @Lady Blizzardborn said, they're not a "must read" for you to understand ASoIaF fully, but they're full of little (and not so little) gems, about Bloodraven, we get to see (briefly) a snotty 4 yrs old Walder Frey, etc. I adore D&E! :wub:

And if you omit a few lines dealing with adult matters, they even work as bedtime stories.

Archived