Post your most hated POV's

Jadakiss

Post the pov chapters you hate and dread to read. or side chapters you hate as well. I know we have done this a bunch of times but I have a side bet with a friend as to which ones show up the most.

Sam

Brienne

Arianne

Sansa 

Areo Hotah

Bran (not as hated as some others, but do find them boring)

Dany started to get boring to me in the more recent books but I dont hate them as much as the others

Cersei makes me feel like a raging jerk!  I have to read someone else's POV after hers.  Especially if I plan on driving or interacting with people.  Otherwise the guy sitting at the red light half a heartbeat too long will be threatened with the extinction of his house.  Root & stem.  LOL

Sansa in GoT irritated me but that was part of her transformation.

Sansa mad me angry.

I did like Arya in the beginning, but she seems to be turning into another blood focused character.

I don't like the Dorne chapters very much. The Arianne chapters are ok, but I am still confused about Dorne as a whole anyway.

Cersei's chapters always made me want to scrub myself all over afterwards.

Sansa was irritating, particularly her attitude towards her little sister and her poor judgment of people.

Victarion came across as a dumber than dirt bully.

His brother Aeron (now an office chair!) was a pious bore.

I might have liked Theon more but for his early POV chapters... He was trying so hard to be a child's impression of ironborn.

(Dis)honorable mention to Aerys Oakheart and Areo ("Speedwagon") Hotah as well.

28 minutes ago, Sea Dragon said:

Sansa mad me angry.

I did like Arya in the beginning, but she seems to be turning into another blood focused character.

I don't like the Dorne chapters very much. The Arianne chapters are ok, but I am still confused about Dorne as a whole anyway.

I dislike Dorne as well. I was pissed when the Arianne chapter was released over aeron

This is going to be a super unpopular opinion on unpopular chapters but Catelyn.  Not because they are bad, uneventful or poorly written but because especially on rereads it's so depressing.  Every chapter something bad happens or a poor decision is made.  I just feel like crap while I read her chapters.  I know this is a sign that they are very good chapters/arc because of how much it impacts me but I just want to yell sometimes.

I get some of the same feeling in Quentyns chapters but don't dislike them like others because I was pretty interested in Dany's wake and the wreckage she left from a pure interest standpoint.  

The most hated one for me is Aeron, no doubt. I can't help but feel

Spoiler

he got exactly what he deserved in he TWOW chapter. Yeah I hate him that much

Victarion

Pre ADWD Jon is boring tbh. Such goody two shoes and dull character

Brienne, but only because everyone she meets is an arsehole or uninteresting. The last cliffhanger also annoyed the hell out of me during my first read because I felt like I got through so many boring chapters only for her to die. I could only appreciate her chapters after the first read.

For re reads though, I can't help but mentally sighing for these:

Arya (bad ass but still ungrateful and stuborn and sometimes annoying, though it's completely understandable)

Bran (mostly uneventful)

ADWD Tyrion

2 hours ago, Jadakiss said:

Post the pov chapters you hate and dread to read. or side chapters you hate as well. I know we have done this a bunch of times but I have a side bet with a friend as to which ones show up the most.

Sam

Brienne

Arianne

Sansa 

Areo Hotah

Bran (not as hated as some others, but do find them boring)

Dany started to get boring to me in the more recent books but I dont hate them as much as the others

I like Sansa more and Arya less upon re-read.

Cat because everything she says and does is so phony--and Lysa-Gads, the introduction to the Vale was stomach rolling.  There is no hope or joy or triumph in any of Cat's chapters and she makes such bad decisions.  Her swan song is to slice the throat of a mentally challenged child of her enemy?   Yah, that whole story line is such a bummer.  

Davos used to be hard to swallow because of the early machinations of Stannis and Mel--not Davos himself, just the stuff he was telling about.

I don't think I have a single PoV I dislike throughout the whole series. The farther north the PoV the better for me. Sansa was an eye roll until she started to realize "life isn't a song". And Catelyn had a lot going on in her chapters, but she always seemed a little bitchy or stonehearted, if you will. 

I guess it just depends on where they are in the world for me. Braavos is cool but I really want Arya back in Westeros. Her chapters there were some of the best in the novels. Dany chapters are hard to get through sometimes as well, I really don't give a damn what's going on in Essos. 

• Areo Hotah, because his chapters are boring and it would have been more interesting if he was not a POV character
  • Arya after COK, I enjoy reading her SOS chapters because I love Sandor and Beric but I think that her POV chapters in FFC and DWD are tremendously boring and kinda pointless. 

5 hours ago, KingMance said:

>Snip<

I guess it just depends on where they are in the world for me. Braavos is cool but I really want Arya back in Westeros. Her chapters there were some of the best in the novels. Dany chapters are hard to get through sometimes as well, I really don't give a damn what's going on in Essos. 

Pretty much this and that as someone else in the thread said, Dany became even more unbearable after Daario became so important to her.

Archived