Why did Roose never remarried?

devilish

On 23/2/2017 at 0:30 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I don't think Ned gave a damn about southern ambitions, after his father and brother were killed, but I completely agree that he would not have given Sansa to Roose. I don't think he'd have given Arya to him either, but definitely not sensitive romantic little Sansa.

I agree. That is why at my first post I had written even if he wasn't a loving father.

22 hours ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

Maybe he's already secretly married to Lady Dustin

derp

I am sure that Eddard would cockblock him on that if he had known.  Give far too much power to House Bolton.

On 2/22/2017 at 3:37 AM, devilish said:

Prior to GOT, Roose was Lord of the second strongest house in the North. He was a respectable and feared Lord, the last of his name and under threat from Ramsey Snow who is rumoured to have killed his son. Roose could have easily married somebody to mitigate such threat. A bethronal between Roose and Sansa would have consolidated the Stark power over the North and would have reduced Ramsey's threat to the bare minimum. Surely not even Ramsey would dare touching a child who share blood with both Stark's and Bolton's main branch. Alternatively Wynafryd Manderly or Alys Karstark would strengthen the Bolton's stature in the North.

What are you talking about. He married twice before the books and once after? 

Archived