Han Solo Movie Cast First Shot

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Oh I could talk about LEGO from days. I still have every LEGO from my childhood. It's interesting, the prices per piece is actually way less then it used to be, but the number of pieces has skyrocketed so they seem like they're more expensive then they used to be when they're not. A giant Castle set from the 80s might have 300 pieces orvso. Compare that to now. :P

As an adult and father of two boys, I've considered too many times to drop $400 for that Death Star set. And the Jabba Sail Barge before that. And now this Ultimate Falcon... If only my boys actually played with Legos I could at least pretend to buy it for them.

8 hours ago, felice said:

I am humbled. That thing is amazing. If I win the lotto (unlikely as I've not bought a ticket in 15 years) I will buy one for myself and for you as well.

I'm at an age where I'm starting to think "Maybe the kid thing won't happen after all", but if it does, there will be Legos. My folks have all mine packed away for years now. I always used space or castle pieces, and rarely kept actual sets together, preferring my fleet of self-made ships, robots, and forts. I can still bring out robots I built of various sizes and recall their characters. My mom helped me send my careful, crayon-drawn plans to LEGO when I was like 6. I got a lovely letter to apply for work when I was older. I wonder if Mom kept it. Hell, 30 years later, I need work, maybe I should dig it up.

Ah!  I had been wondering why I hadn't seen the Falcon on the store shelves at Christmas time when getting my son a present.  Had planned to get him the one with the gray haired Han.

Didn't think about the Solo movie needing a tie in.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

New trailer

I’m not excited by the idea of this film at all, but this is a much better trailer than what we’ve had before.

I am decidedly *not* a fan of the sequels...and I really liked Rogue One...so I'm hoping this one is more like the latter.  This trailer looks great, but we'll see.  Still a little worried about the guy playing Han...and giant space tentacles are concerning.  What I'm 100% sure of though, is that Lando is going to steal the show...and hopefully that makes it a no-brainer to bring him back for Episode 9 (and then maybe his own "origins" movie later on...)

8 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Yup, took until this trailer to get excited, but I'm there now.

I was just thinking the other day how passionate is Ron Howard about this movie, because if he is, this could be very good.

This is pretty much how I felt.  Nothing until now made me want to see the movie, but this feels a bit more right.

12 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well, lowbacca is in Ep 3, so...

Next you'll tell me R2 can fly.

3 hours ago, The Mance said:

You just ruined this movie for me.

lol

Archived