Manhole Eunuchsbane

Han Solo Movie Cast First Shot

109 posts in this topic

New Lego Millenium Falcon

1400 pieces, 170 bucks. I think the biggest set I ever got as a boy was one of the big Castle ones, at a garage sale for like 5 dollars (back in the late 80s), and I seem to recall it was like 1100 pieces. 1400 is pretty impressive. I wish I had a significant amount of disposable income, because I would love to build this thing. 

3 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Chewie is like 200 years old at that point.

I mean, that is fairly young for a Wookiee, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, mormont said:

I mean, that is fairly young for a Wookiee, isn't it?

IIRC an average Wookiee lifespan is like 400 years, so he's basically middle-age.

I saw a joke somewhere* that Han is basically Chewie's 4th puppy.

*Either earlier in this same thread or on Reddit... can't remember...

Oh I could talk about LEGO from days. I still have every LEGO from my childhood. It's interesting, the prices per piece is actually way less then it used to be, but the number of pieces has skyrocketed so they seem like they're more expensive then they used to be when they're not. A giant Castle set from the 80s might have 300 pieces orvso. Compare that to now. :P

As an adult and father of two boys, I've considered too many times to drop $400 for that Death Star set. And the Jabba Sail Barge before that. And now this Ultimate Falcon... If only my boys actually played with Legos I could at least pretend to buy it for them.

8 hours ago, felice said:

I am humbled. That thing is amazing. If I win the lotto (unlikely as I've not bought a ticket in 15 years) I will buy one for myself and for you as well.

I'm at an age where I'm starting to think "Maybe the kid thing won't happen after all", but if it does, there will be Legos. My folks have all mine packed away for years now. I always used space or castle pieces, and rarely kept actual sets together, preferring my fleet of self-made ships, robots, and forts. I can still bring out robots I built of various sizes and recall their characters. My mom helped me send my careful, crayon-drawn plans to LEGO when I was like 6. I got a lovely letter to apply for work when I was older. I wonder if Mom kept it. Hell, 30 years later, I need work, maybe I should dig it up.

Edited by Argonath Diver

Ah!  I had been wondering why I hadn't seen the Falcon on the store shelves at Christmas time when getting my son a present.  Had planned to get him the one with the gray haired Han.

Didn't think about the Solo movie needing a tie in.