The trial is over?

The Fresh PtwP

15 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

By smashing the alliance. Ripping the Lannisters and Tyrells apart naturally results in chaos because there is no one there to keep Cersei in check.

Unless you think she was just summarily executed, I don't see the High Sparrow letting it go. And with the star witness against her murdered, and Cersei no doubt claiming the Tyrells were behind it, things would definitely not look good for Margaery.

The faith wasn't holding Margaery at the end of Dance, they surrendered her to her family on the promise she would return for her trial?

Tyrell bannermen, the both of them. The whole governance of the realm was being handed to her enemies, Queen Margaery's kith and kin. "Margaery stands accused as well. Her and those cousins of hers. How is it that the sparrows freed her and not me?"

"Randyll Tarly insisted. He was the first to reach King's Landing when this storm broke, and he brought his army with him. The Tyrell girls will still be tried, but the case against them is weak, His High Holiness admits. All of the men named as the queen's lovers have denied the accusation or recanted, save for your maimed singer, who appears to be half-mad. So the High Septon handed the girls over to Tarly's custody and Lord Randyll swore a holy oath to deliver them for trial when the time comes."

Anyway, a large chunk of the Tyrell army is in Kings landing, that is what keeps Cersei in check at the moment. The Lannister army is still further North in the riverlands so the Tyrells control kings landing for the moment. If the army does depart and is defeated by Connington however...

19 hours ago, The Fresh PtwP said:

I'm basing it off:

Reveal hidden contents

Daemon Sand mentioning Mace Tyrell leading the army coming from KL. 

To your other point I don't think Mace will team up with Aegon. His "feigned boy" speech is pretty telling and he's still pretty deep in bed with the Lannisters while Marg and Tommen are alive.

I could see the Tyrells supporting Dany once she comes west.

That's a speech he makes while in bed with the Lannisters, though. Once the alliance is done he may change his tune.

I hope she'll take them after they allied themselves with House Baratheon through marriage three times.

3 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

That's a speech he makes while in bed with the Lannisters, though. Once the alliance is done he may change his tune.

I hope she'll take them after they allied themselves with House Baratheon through marriage three times.

If he even gets the chance to. If he is marching on SE I suspect he won't be marching back. I doubt Mace will "change his tune" mid march either...I personally think Aegon defeating Mace will be the end of the alliance. 

On Dany. She doesn't know that and the only person to tell her would be Tyrion. Besides they fought for her father and were Targ supporters. She'll value that.

Archived