Narrow the POVs

Rob Storm

So, maybe this has been made into a question but I find it very interesting.  Try to chronologically lay out how the POVs will be narrowed (kiled off/removed somehow) from the end of ADWD?  There is a lot and GRRM has said no more will be added.  I don't mean major fan-fic but if you have mapped out an idea of who will progressively be first to go and those who will make it toward the end and who will be some of the last POVs please toss it out.  You can even use a simple ....Areo>Barristan>Damph.... ect  

The order is impossible to predict, but the likely candidates are:

Aeron

Victarrion

Theon

Hotah (at the hands of Gerold Dayne)

Jaime and Brienne's POV's will drastically decrease, as they now both cover the same plot arc. So while neither may die, each may get only half their previous POV's.

Connington may die at the end of the book, once Aegon has a POV like Arriane at his side (as his wife, potentially), to show us what is happening in his arc. Alternatively Connington may survive if he has some role to play in acknowledging Rhaegar's real surviving son, (Jon), in Dream of Spring.

I don't think Barristan will die, as I think as the lone surviving member of Aerys's Kingsguard there is some critical information he will be able to corroborate with regard to Rhaegar's last days that may lead to convincing Dany of Jon's parentage.

I think that pretty much covers the likely deaths. Aeron, Victarrion, Theon and Areo Hotah. Maybe I've missed one. Can't think of him or her right now. Wait, maybe Cersei even dies, when Aegon takes King's Landing, with the younger and more beautiful Arriane at his side.

I'd say Aeron is toast for sure. How long can a man serve as a figurehead, anyway? However, I'd like to distinguish between "narrowing" as caused by death of the character vs just not looking through that character's eyes anymore.

It's my general feeling that the more rotten a character is, the more likely they are to survive and prosper. Witness Littlefinger, Cersei, and the Boltons. Also Euron. In this vein, we'll probably also lose

Brienne, Davos, Jeyne Poole (anybody remember her? certainly not her bff, Sansa), Young Griff (aka "Aegon"), and Barristan

That Barristan might have "critical information" kind of guarantees he'll be croaked before he can reveal it.

I think Barristan will be the first POV to go. Victarion and Tyrion taking over the Meereen POVs until Victarion leaves for home without Daenerys. He will make it safely home but not survive a subsequent encounter with Euron.

Connington knows nothing of Jon, and has no role to play in that. He's there to be the window on Young Griff's point of view - and on setting off an outbreak of the Grey Plague. He's not long for this world either.

I also think Arianne Martell won't last - she'll have a role to play, and eventually she, Connington and Young Griff will fall to Euron when Euron gets control of whichever dragon has heard Victarion's horn, while they have NO dragon - the dragon that Young Griff should have had, namely Daenerys (and indeed Drogon) is still stranded too far away.

Aegon won't fight Daenerys - he won't even live to meet her. (Nor would he have fought her if they did meet.)

Not sure whether Aeron will last, or whether his place as narrator on Euron's plot will be taken by Samwell Tarly from Oldtown onwards.

16 hours ago, Rob Storm said:

So, maybe this has been made into a question but I find it very interesting.  Try to chronologically lay out how the POVs will be narrowed (kiled off/removed somehow) from the end of ADWD?  There is a lot and GRRM has said no more will be added.  I don't mean major fan-fic but if you have mapped out an idea of who will progressively be first to go and those who will make it toward the end and who will be some of the last POVs please toss it out.  You can even use a simple ....Areo>Barristan>Damph.... ect  

Goners:  Aeron, Victarion, JonCon.  

These guys might as well have a target painted on their backs.  If any makes it to the middle of TWOW, I will be shocked.  They were our eyes and ears on particular situations, but are no longer needed, and all three have illnesses or injuries that make their deaths not only logical, but likely. 

Major POVs:  Theon, Jaime

Both of these have reached a logical end point in their story arc.  Their deaths at this point would make sensed and move the story forward.  And there is really nothing left they have to do. (unless Jaime is the valonqar, which I doubt)

Other possibilities:  Barristan and Areo Hotah will cease being POVs, but will not necessarily die as a result.  The only reason Barristan is a POV is to have one in Meereen after Dany's departure.  That is no longer necessary.  I doubt much will happen in Dorne that we will need direct info on, so Area Hotah will not be needed after Darkstar is dealt with (if he is).

Characters alive at end of TWOW:  Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Sam, Davos, Asha.

If any of these die, I will be surprised.  Either they have way too much story left, or their deaths wouldn't really matter.

Likely to survive:  Brienne,Arianne.  Ii think they will make it to the end of TWOW, but if they don't, I won't be entirely surprised

???:  Cersei.  No idea what will happen with her.  She might make it, and might not. 

GoT                           CoK                                        SoS

Bran                          Arya                                       Jaime (new)

Catelyn                     Sansa                                     Catelyn (dead)

Dany                         Tyrion                                     Arya

Eddard (dead)           Bran                                      Tyrion

Jon                            Jon                                         Davos

Arya                          Catelyn                                   Sansa

Tyrion                        Davos (new)                           Jon

Sansa                       Theon (new)                            Dany

Dany                                       Bran

Samwell (new)

FfC & DwD

Aeron Greyjoy (Damphair) will have at least one WoW chapter

Areo Hotah

Cersei (surprised me, I hadn’t realized she didn’t have her own PoV until FfC)

Brienne

Samwell

Arya (GoT character) has a WoW chapter

Jaime

Sansa (GoT character) has a WoW chapter

Asha Greyjoy

Arys Oakheart (dead)

Victarion Greyjoy has a WoW chapter

Arianne Martell has a WoW chapter

Tyrion (GoT character)

Dany (GoT character)

Jon (GoT character)

Bran (GoT character)

Quentyn Martell (dead)

Jon Connington

Melisandre (meh)

Barristan Selmy has a WoW chapter

Davos

Theon has a WoW chapter

Who goes, who stays I dunna know. I’m guessing that some Greyjoy’s and either Brienne or Jaime bite the dust. Mel only had one PoV so she’s a meh. I may have made some errors. Please feel free to correct me. This little exercise gave me a new perspective on the characters importance as it applies to the saga. I’m thinking Semly will die in WoW. I hope Euron gets snatched off of the deck of his ship by a giant sea monster.

Someone has to cover Dorne, Riverlands, KL, Vale, the north and that Essos place (until you know who gets to you know where). Samwell has to be a viable WoW PoV else why send him to Oldtown. Oh shite, some one has to cover the Stormlands also. :dunno:

Archived