TitanCon 2017: 8-10 Sept - Belfast

17 minutes ago, Qthulhu said:

I shall double-check, but I'm fairly certain that the email chain consisted of:

M - "I would like a ticket"
P - "OK, please send payment by the deadline"
P - "Deadline was wrong, here's the correct deadline"
M - "The payment has been made"

...and no further confirmation after that (e.g. "Payment received"), so I was referring to both that and the TitanCon member number confirmation.

Anyhoo, 62 eh? Wow. Thanks for the confirmation, will check my emails later.

You are right,  I was remembering a slightly earlier reply (your was rather unique)     Don't know how I missed not sending you the payment confirmation by me.   - I've done that now.

2 hours ago, Qthulhu said:

Being recognised as a coach passenger is a victory for all historically disenfranchised people of Mordorian descent. TÌR A' DHUBHAIR GU BRÀTH!

Not all orcs are Scottish.    

Oh and we (your coach tour hosts) apologized for the blatant anti orc sentiment that came from the front of the bus and the effects of King Aragon's economic policy on the orc race two years ago.   We vowed to learn and mend our ways.   Last year in an effort to mend race relations one of us even sat at the very back to be with all the orcs and show solidarity.     

This year we would like to apologize for the Biological Agent that may have been accidentally released. and for all the Orc and non Orc casualties.  We wish to assure you that your hosts strongly condone any form of Biological warfare, and to dispel any unfounded rumours that the resultant plague was not part of an anti Orc or Orc sympathizer plan.

2 hours ago, Pebble said:

Not all orcs are Scottish.    

Oh and we (your coach tour hosts) apologized for the blatant anti orc sentiment that came from the front of the bus and the effects of King Aragon's economic policy on the orc race two years ago.   We vowed to learn and mend our ways.   Last year in an effort to mend race relations one of us even sat at the very back to be with all the orcs and show solidarity.     

This year we would like to apologize for the Biological Agent that may have been accidentally released. and for all the Orc and non Orc casualties.  We wish to assure you that your hosts strongly condone any form of Biological warfare, and to dispel any unfounded rumours that the resultant plague was not part of an anti Orc or Orc sympathizer plan.

Yes, I apologised at the time, and I will continue to apologise for the ignorant comments I made two years ago. I have since tried to educate myself better, and listen to Orcs with an open mind, and understand how they are not all the same, and suffer for being grouped together, as any race would be. Or something.

But something apologetic. #freemordor

10 hours ago, Pebble said:

Oh I have some Finish Fish for you.   Allegedly they are bit of an acquired taste so thats something a bit weird for you.

Are they tar flavoured? I think that's now my default assumption for any weird Finnish flavour.

52 minutes ago, williamjm said:

Are they tar flavoured? I think that's now my default assumption for any weird Finnish flavour.

I'm at work now so don't have the box in front of me.  I don't remember reading the word Tar flavored.

The Lady in the Airport shop was very worried that I might be buying something I would find disgusting and urged me and Wolfgang (and presumably any non-Finish looking person) not to buy them unless we had already tasted these kind of confectionery.   She was greatly relieved and laughed when I said  "Oh they are not for me, I have a friend who buys weird stuff for people"

Wolfgang actually likes the stuff, but did claim the small packet he bought was a years supply.

11 hours ago, Qthulhu said:

"Peadar drank it all"

I'm very interested in the durian sweets... there's no unpleasant after effects, are there?

Apart from a vomity coach and soilage fees, nope. Probably not something we should be handing out on the coach, if the sweets live up to the reputation of their fruity source.

6 hours ago, SamanthaofHodorsfield said:

Apart from a vomity coach and soilage fees, nope. Probably not something we should be handing out on the coach, if the sweets live up to the reputation of their fruity source.

I know we kinda have a thing about Coach Calamities,  but I think we should try to give that one a miss.

On 30/08/2017 at 8:34 PM, williamjm said:

We still have some tar liquorice that we're trying to offload onto someone...

• 1 month later...

Archived