theMountainGoat

TitanCon 2017: 8-10 Sept - Belfast

76 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Pebble said:

I have a Twin room now :)

Thank you so much! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brothers, sisters of brothers, and brothers of sisters of brothers, had a chat with the Ulster Museum and they tell me the tapestry will be on display for several months - arguably well past TitanCon. The Ulster Museum is literally just around the corner from the convention venue.

 

Can't confirm if it's been made with animal products, but if you're tempted to view it then please be aware the museum is not open on Mondays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2017 at 1:09 PM, Qthulhu said:

Brothers, sisters of brothers, and brothers of sisters of brothers, had a chat with the Ulster Museum and they tell me the tapestry will be on display for several months - arguably well past TitanCon. The Ulster Museum is literally just around the corner from the convention venue.

 

Can't confirm if it's been made with animal products, but if you're tempted to view it then please be aware the museum is not open on Mondays.

Innnnteresting... But if it ain't open on Monday, I'm not sure I'll get to it this time around... As you say, though, should be around for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Peadar said:

Innnnteresting... But if it ain't open on Monday, I'm not sure I'll get to it this time around... As you say, though, should be around for a while.

You could always go on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@theMountainGoat Any word on the literature guests? I've had a few queries from con-goers who want to know who they should be reading ahead of time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read all the books - you never know who might show up on the day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/08/2017 at 5:28 PM, Werthead said:

@theMountainGoat Any word on the literature guests? I've had a few queries from con-goers who want to know who they should be reading ahead of time :)

I hear this is brilliant. He'll be there too, which means you could get it signed. Or maybe have it tattooed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as I live in Belfast I'll be there.

If anyone needs help or wants to meet up for a pint PM me or quote me here! :) Can't show all the cool spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the latest on the coach tour?  Looks like the website hasnt been updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Whats the latest on the coach tour?  Looks like the website hasnt been updated.

I think it should be on sale on the website imminently, they went on sale at WorldCom today

ETA: you should be able to buy them now, you can email coach_tour @ titancom.com with the number of tickets, there are details on the website.

Edited by williamjm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks.  Just emailed a request for two tickets.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It is with great regret that I have decided to resign as Chair of TitanCon. Fear not, the convention will continue, but unfortunately, I can no longer be a part of its leadership. There are two inextricably linked reasons for this.

Firstly, I am buying a house with my girlfriend which is a tremendously exciting step for me personally and for our future together. For the past few months we have been involved in an intensive process to sell my girlfriend’s house which has been problematic and stressful to say the least with many false starts and buyer’s dropping out. We intend to buy and move into our new home very soon and this is going to require my complete dedication for the next six months and probably longer.

Secondly, I have found it increasingly difficult to complete the tasks needed to deliver this year's event - as I'm sure you may have noticed, given the delays in key announcements such as those for the Guests and Coach Tour. My biggest regret in all this is that it took me so long to realise that it would be impossible for me to run TitanCon for all of you again this year.  I am painfully aware that I managed my time poorly during this period, resulting in late communication with volunteers and a failure to properly delegate tasks to those that were willing to help and assist me. I'm truly sorry to have let the team down in this way.

I am hugely grateful to the group of senior staff that has stepped forward to ensure that this year's convention happens, and that we have a more sustainable approach in place for future years including the 2019 Eurocon event. I am very confident they will put on an enjoyable and successful convention. They have assured me that TitanCon 2017 will retain all the features of previous years - even if it is a little more compact and bijou.  You have already heard from them and seen their efforts coming through in the recent announcements of the 2017 Guests and Coach Tour.

I would like to thank everyone that has attended TitanCon over the past 7 years, your support and assistance has always meant a huge amount to me. Anyone that knows me personally will know just how much TitanCon means to me and how I would not take this step if it was not truly necessary. I will deeply miss being a part of TitanCon and the many great friends I have met because of it. But I hope you will all understand that I was faced with an incredibly difficult decision between this convention that I love, and my future together with the wonderful and talented woman that I love.

All the best TitanCon and rock on!

Phil Lowles

Edited by theMountainGoat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theMountainGoat said:

It is with great regret that I have decided to resign as Chair of TitanCon. Fear not, the convention will continue, but unfortunately, I can no longer be a part of its leadership. There are two inextricably linked reasons for this.

Firstly, I am buying a house with my girlfriend which is a tremendously exciting step for me personally and for our future together. For the past few months we have been involved in an intensive process to sell my girlfriend’s house which has been problematic and stressful to say the least with many false starts and buyer’s dropping out. We intend to buy and move into our new home very soon and this is going to require my complete dedication for the next six months and probably longer.

Secondly, I have found it increasingly difficult to complete the tasks needed to deliver this year's event - as I'm sure you may have noticed, given the delays in key announcements such as those for the Guests and Coach Tour. My biggest regret in all this is that it took me so long to realise that it would be impossible for me to run TitanCon for all of you again this year.  I am painfully aware that I managed my time poorly during this period, resulting in late communication with volunteers and a failure to properly delegate tasks to those that were willing to help and assist me. I'm truly sorry to have let the team down in this way.

I am hugely grateful to the group of senior staff that has stepped forward to ensure that this year's convention happens, and that we have a more sustainable approach in place for future years including the 2019 Eurocon event. I am very confident they will put on an enjoyable and successful convention. They have assured me that TitanCon 2017 will retain all the features of previous years - even if it is a little more compact and bijou.  You have already heard from them and seen their efforts coming through in the recent announcements of the 2017 Guests and Coach Tour.

I would like to thank everyone that has attended TitanCon over the past 7 years, your support and assistance has always meant a huge amount to me. Anyone that knows me personally will know just how much TitanCon means to me and how I would not take this step if it was not truly necessary. I will deeply miss being a part of TitanCon and the many great friends I have met because of it. But I hope you will all understand that I was faced with an incredibly difficult decision between this convention that I love, and my future together with the wonderful and talented woman that I love.

All the best TitanCon and rock on!

Phil Lowles

Good luck to you both, Phil! Come and see us all soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck Phil!  Sounds very exciting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving house is always more work than you expect it's going to be, It Is Known.

I know we're all very grateful for all the work you've put in over the years organising Titancon. Hopefully we'll see you around once you're settled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We love you Phil.

Moving house is stressful, and give that Woman of your a big hug from me.

I just want to reassure you TitanCon is in safe hands and will live on and be awesome thanks to all the hard work and effort you have put in over the years building this community.

We hope to see you again soon in future meets, cons   and of course PebbleCon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil, thanks for all you've done for this and all the other events over the years! And good luck with the house move. Looking forward to meeting up when things are a bit less hectic.

I've just booked my attendance at Titancon. Should we make an attendance list in this thread?

Also... well... I'll be keen to talk to people about the show come next week, so if anyone's in London then do let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil, thanks for all the hard work and leadership you have put into TitanCon and the Moots before it. We are all very grateful and humbled by the commitment and resolve you have shown in taking on this challenging task, and we definitely want to see you back soon (at 2019 at the very least).

Respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any clues on who is arriving and when? Do I need to take Friday day off to organise a Too Vegan adventure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now