Future daughters of asoiaf

One-eyed Misbehavin

Any child of Sansa or Arya, no matter the father, could be named Catelyn or Lyanna. And each sister might name a daughter after the other, if one survives and the other doesn't. Examples: Arya dies, Sansa marries Willas, their daughter is Arya Tyrell; Sansa dies, Arya marries a legitimized Gendry, their daughter is Sansa Baratheon.

Dany would probably name a daughter after her own mother Rhaella, or her slain niece Rhaenys. If she was married to Jon, Lyanna would be a possibility. If she had a child with Daario and he died before the baby was born she might go with Daaria.

Garlan and Leonette would name their daughters Alerie and Margaery.

Edmure and Roslin would likely use Catelyn, Bethany, or Minisa.

Edric Dayne and any wife would perhaps name a daughter Ashara.

Arianne and Aegon would have to argue about Elia vs Nymeria vs Rhaenys. Though there was an Aliandra Martell once and Aliandra Targaryen sounds pretty.

Asha and Stannis would name their child Shireen, after the daughter his first wife allowed to be burned by that red witch. 

Asha and Willas Tyrell would name their first daughter Alannys after her mother.

Jon and Val would name a daughter Dalla.

Arya and Hot Pie's daughters would be Saffron, Ginger, and Cinnamon.

Trystane and Myrcella's daughter would be Princess Joanna Martell. Cause let's face it, if they live long enough to reproduce, Arianne and Aegon are dead, so Trystane would be Prince of Dorne.

Jaime and Brienne's daughter would be named Joanna or Catelyn (she brought them together you know).

Roose and Fat Walda's daughter would be Skinny Walda.

Bronn and Lollys' daughter would be Tyriana.

5 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Which couple (current or possible future) could you see having a daughter and what would be her name

1. Daenerys Targaryen + Aegon Blackfyre = Allysanne Targaryen
  2. Sansa Stark + Robyn Arryn = Lysa Arryn
  3. Arya Stark + Jon Snow = Lyanna Snow
  4. Jaime Lannister + Brienne of Tarth = Catelyn Lannister
  5. Walda Frey + Roose Bolton = Walda Bolton
  6. Sansa Stark + Ramsey Bolton = Catelyn Bolton

1 hour ago, Allardyce said:
  1. Daenerys Targaryen + Aegon Blackfyre = Allysanne Targaryen
  2. Sansa Stark + Robyn Arryn = Lysa Arryn
  3. Arya Stark + Jon Snow = Lyanna Snow
  4. Jaime Lannister + Brienne of Tarth = Catelyn Lannister
  5. Walda Frey + Roose Bolton = Walda Bolton
  6. Sansa Stark + Ramsey Bolton = Catelyn Bolton

If Arya married a bastard, her children would take her name.

• Daenerys Targaryen + Aegon Blackfyre = Allysanne Targaryen
  •  

Why would Aegon take the name Blackfyre?

• Arya Stark + Jon Snow = Lyanna Snow

Not this again :bang:

1. Sansa Stark + Ramsey Bolton = Catelyn Bolton

This is the tv series not the books.

Arya Stark + Edric Dayne (as co-rulers of the North) = Ashara Stark

Sansa Stark + Tyrion Lannister = Lyanna Lannister or Arya Lannister (if Arya Stark is dead)

Ramsay Bolton + Jeyne Poole = Arya Bolton

Brienne of Tarth + Hyle Hunt = Catelyn of Tarth

Arya Stark + Podrick Payne = Catelyn Hill 

Willow Heddle + Gendry = Arya Heddle or Brienne Heddle (since Gendry has no last name, they would take hers)

3 minutes ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Wilas Tyrell + Daenerys Targaryen = Rhaenys Targaryen

Tyrion Lannister + Penny = Tysha Lannister

Rickon Stark + Willa Manderly = Catelyn Stark

Jon Snow + Val = Arya Snow

Petyr Baelish + Sansa Stark = Catelyn Baelish

Gerold Dayne + Arrianne Martell = Nymeria Dayne

Agreed on many but if Arianne married Gerold Dayne, the children will carry her name because she'll be ruling Princess of Dorne. They might compromise and name a daughter Dayna Martell though.

20 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Why would Aegon take the name Blackfyre?

Not this again :bang:

This is the tv series not the books.

I believe that poster is saying that they believe Aegon is a Blackfyre.

2 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Agreed on many but if Arianne married Gerold Dayne, the children will carry her name because she'll be ruling Princess of Dorne. They might compromise and name a daughter Dayna Martell though.

Maybe but Darkstar doesn't seem like the kind of gent who bends over for the women. 

I believe that poster is saying that they believe Aegon is a Blackfyre.

I believe the chance he's a Bf is quite good.

Just now, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Maybe but Darkstar doesn't seem like the kind of gent who bends over for the women. 

I believe the chance he's a Bf is quite good.

It's not about bending over for a woman. It's the law of Dorne that the ruling Princess maintains her surname and passes it on to her children. House Martell is properly House Nymeros Martell, in token of Nymeria and Mors working together to conquer all the little Dornish kings and unite the region. 

The chances are about 50/50 on that. There's definitely going to be a Blackfyre in the series, but it wouldn't have to be Aegon.

6 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

It's not about bending over for a woman. It's the law of Dorne that the ruling Princess maintains her surname and passes it on to her children. House Martell is properly House Nymeros Martell, in token of Nymeria and Mors working together to conquer all the little Dornish kings and unite the region. 

This is true. 

The chances are about 50/50 on that. There's definitely going to be a Blackfyre in the series, but it wouldn't have to be Aegon.

It wouldn't have to be.  He's the best candidate right now if you believe Varys was lying.

Just now, Lame Lothar Frey said:

It wouldn't have to be.  He's the best candidate right now if you believe Varys was lying.

I don't know. I think that would be way too obvious. And Varys hasn't outright lied in the history of the series. Why would he start in the epilogue of the fifth book?

You might find my Daario theory of interest, by the way.

2 hours ago, Nevets said:

Arya Stark + Edric Dayne (as co-rulers of the North) = Ashara Stark

Sansa Stark + Tyrion Lannister = Lyanna Lannister or Arya Lannister (if Arya Stark is dead)

Ramsay Bolton + Jeyne Poole = Arya Bolton

Brienne of Tarth + Hyle Hunt = Catelyn of Tarth

Arya Stark + Podrick Payne = Catelyn Hill 

Willow Heddle + Gendry = Arya Heddle or Brienne Heddle (since Gendry has no last name, they would take hers)

Why Hill, Nevets? 

Dany + Victarion = Rhaeon

or maybe they could break the cycle of bizarre spelling and go with plain old Rayon. 

Some nice suggestions above.  However, I believe that if the woman is from a higher station, the children take her surname.  Lannister is as prominent as Baratheon in Joffrey's coat of arms.   I bet if we take a look at Marg's deal she's got as many roses as stags and lions on her guest towels.   

I'm trying to play, but I think my silly name above is all I've got to give tonight.   Since there are no Baratheon women to speak of, I wonder what a daughter of Loras & Renly would be called?  

23 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Dany + Victarion = Rhaeon

or maybe they could break the cycle of bizarre spelling and go with plain old Rayon. 

Some nice suggestions above.  However, I believe that if the woman is from a higher station, the children take her surname.  Lannister is as prominent as Baratheon in Joffrey's coat of arms.   I bet if we take a look at Marg's deal she's got as many roses as stags and lions on her guest towels.   

I'm trying to play, but I think my silly name above is all I've got to give tonight.   Since there are no Baratheon women to speak of, I wonder what a daughter of Loras & Renly would be called?  

Renly's daughter would likely be named for his mother Cassana.

What about Shireen?  How about Shireen and Rickon? They could name their daughters any number of things. Jocelyn. Rhaelle. Lyarra. Argella Stark has a nice ring to it.

Just now, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Renly's daughter would likely be named for his mother Cassana.

What about Shireen?  How about Shireen and Rickon? They could name their daughters any number of things. Jocelyn. Rhaelle. Lyarra. Argella Stark has a nice ring to it.

It does have a nice ring.   I was just being silly combining names with Dany and Vic.  I'm looking at a situation between the brother of the king and now the brother of the queen as being equal in station and wondering who would get the honors between a Baratheon and Tyrell.   Then of course I did combine their names, but still haven't come up with a good daughter name for these 2.  

Shireen and Rickon?   Daughter of the king and presumed dead exile...I don't recall anything Shireen named, Lady, but I do have the rather cool name Shaggy Dog to Rickon's credit.   Perhaps their daughter would have a descriptive name like that, like Little Girl?  

3 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

It does have a nice ring.   I was just being silly combining names with Dany and Vic.  I'm looking at a situation between the brother of the king and now the brother of the queen as being equal in station and wondering who would get the honors between a Baratheon and Tyrell.   Then of course I did combine their names, but still haven't come up with a good daughter name for these 2.  

Shireen and Rickon?   Daughter of the king and presumed dead exile...I don't recall anything Shireen named, Lady, but I do have the rather cool name Shaggy Dog to Rickon's credit.   Perhaps their daughter would have a descriptive name like that, like Little Girl?  

That is rather a good question. 

LOL. I doubt Shireen and Rickon would name a daughter the way they'd name dogs. But...once when asked about Ned's mother GRRM said her name was Lady Stark and she died. We now know her name was Lyarra Stark and she was a cousin to Rickard, but what if Shireen and Rickon named their daughter Lady?

1 minute ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

That is rather a good question. 

LOL. I doubt Shireen and Rickon would name a daughter the way they'd name dogs. But...once when asked about Ned's mother GRRM said her name was Lady Stark and she died. We now know her name was Lyarra Stark and she was a cousin to Rickard, but what if Shireen and Rickon named their daughter Lady?

That would be perfect and has my vote for numerous reasons.  

Once I get Renly & Loras fixed with a name I will begin combining names for everyone.  Rhae, Ly, -on, -a--this is a linguistic challenge and I've got Theon & Barbery Dustin to come to terms with.  

1 minute ago, Curled Finger said:

That would be perfect and has my vote for numerous reasons.  

Once I get Renly & Loras fixed with a name I will begin combining names for everyone.  Rhae, Ly, -on, -a--this is a linguistic challenge and I've got Theon & Barbery Dustin to come to terms with.  

What about combining surnames for Renly and Loras? Tyratheon maybe or Byrell.

I have the perfect name for Vic + Dany. Rhaetaria. 

Good luck with Theon and Barbrey. Ramsay may have ruined that couple pre-emptively.

Archived