Your Favorite Stark Enemy?

42 minutes ago, James Steller said:

I'm surprised that Tywin Lannister didn't make your list, given how large of a role he played in the Starks' demise at the Twins.

He's not really a true enemy of House Stark. If Robb had stayed in Winterfell, Tywin never would have bothered him.

51 minutes ago, James Steller said:

I'm surprised that Tywin Lannister didn't make your list, given how large of a role he played in the Starks' demise at the Twins.

Very good.  Please do continue to give ideas.  I only meant to get the conversation started.  My list was not intended to limit your choices.  Okay.

Mad Aerys is my favorite Stark enemy. So wise. So courageous. 

Also Dany. Doesn't she think of Ned as one of the Userper's dogs? She's kind of a symbolic enemy too, with her house having connections to fire and Stark having connections to winter and ice. 

54 minutes ago, bilplat said:

Mad Aerys is my favorite Stark enemy. So wise. So courageous. 

Also Dany. Doesn't she think of Ned as one of the Userper's dogs? She's kind of a symbolic enemy too, with her house having connections to fire and Stark having connections to winter and ice. 

Are you being serious there? Because Aerys was definitely not wise. And he wasn't an "enemy" of House Stark. He didn't do anything to them until Brandon came to his house shouting treason. Granted he overdid his response, and then asked for Ned's head, but he was insane.

Dany's not a real enemy either. Symbolically maybe but not in any other sense.

Yeah totally kidding about Aerys, but the thread is about your favorite enemy, so I had to try to make him look good lol.

and Dany not being a real enemy? Between friend and enemy, I think Dany would choose enemy for the right hand man of Rhaegar's killer

54 minutes ago, bilplat said:

Yeah totally kidding about Aerys, but the thread is about your favorite enemy, so I had to try to make him look good lol.

and Dany not being a real enemy? Between friend and enemy, I think Dany would choose enemy for the right hand man of Rhaegar's killer

Dany only feels remotely negatively about Ned, not the whole house. It's not like the Bolton/Stark thing which has a history. When she gets to Westeros and finds out he's dead and his family scattered, I doubt she's going to go hunt the rest of them down.

And Dany only knows what Viserys told her, which she's learning wasn't all correct. Add Tyrion to the mix and she may learn that even Ned wasn't that bad. Tywin and Jaime she'll continue to hate though.

Straight 50/50 toss up between Roose & Cersei.    Roose is one of the creepiest characters I've ever read.   Cersei is possibly the finest mad character I've ever read.   Between them House Stark had very little hope of surviving.   

Is there anything better than reading Cersei's dismissals and paranoia?  Or Roose's utterly honest wickedness?  They are villains worthy of the Stark's honorable or higher moral characters.   In retrospect it would take a mad queen and backstabbing neighbor to cause the fall of the good House Stark.   

39 minutes ago, The Wolves said:

The Others. 

Thought about saying that.

38 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Straight 50/50 toss up between Roose & Cersei.    Roose is one of the creepiest characters I've ever read.   Cersei is possibly the finest mad character I've ever read.   Between them House Stark had very little hope of surviving.   

Is there anything better than reading Cersei's dismissals and paranoia?  Or Roose's utterly honest wickedness?  They are villains worthy of the Stark's honorable or higher moral characters.   In retrospect it would take a mad queen and backstabbing neighbor to cause the fall of the good House Stark.   

I think Cersei's reaction to Tyrion on dragonback buzzing the Red Keep would be priceless. Perhaps the highlight of the series. Though to be perfectly honest that would be way more fun to witness visually. 

Archived