Academy Awards 2017 - Oscar Night: In the Pale Moonlight

Mladen

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

Oh man, I predict this is going to cause some shit. What a way to tarnish Moonlight's win.

Can't you just hear it?  "The Oscars were rigged".

How? The LaLaLand producer held up the card with the correct name on it clearly showing the wrong name was called...

I don't think that was hilarious at all. 

I think it was horrible. At least it was corrected very quickly.

For La La to be announced as the winner, and then have it announced as a mistake?

Incredible for everyone associated with Moonlight, but to put the wrong card in Beatty's envelope???

8 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I don't think that was hilarious at all. 

I think it was horrible. At least it was corrected very quickly.

For La La to be announced as the winner, and then have it announced as a mistake?

Incredible for everyone associated with Moonlight, but to put the wrong card in Beatty's envelope???

Oh, c'mon, I have a hard time feeling bad for anybody on the stage for LaLaLand - especially after the night they had.  Everyone handled it well - the LaLaLand and Moonlight producers, Kimmel, Beatty.  I especially like how Kimmel covered the response to the internet freak-out over the next 24 hours:  it's just an awards show.

3 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Oh, c'mon, I have a hard time feeling bad for anybody on the stage for LaLaLand - especially after the night they had.  Everyone handled it well - the LaLaLand and Moonlight producers, Kimmel, Beatty.  I especially like how Kimmel covered the response to the internet freak-out over the next 24 hours:  it's just an awards show.

Still not hilarious to watch.  Shocking, not hilarious.

9 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Kimmel kind of said that.  :P

After the initial shock wore off me, I think Kimmel was saying something like "I knew something horrible would happen if I hosted".

The host does not stuff the envelope. The sealed envelope, according to everything I've heard from the Oscars every year, is in the possession of the accounting firm until the announcement, then it's handed to the runner who gives the envelope to the announcer.  The host doesn't touch them.

Unprecedented mess up. Those two movies will forever be entwined in the cosmic consciousness, or something like that. Sadly, it will be fodder for cheeto because that's what he does, I was hoping for Lin-Manuel but he'll have plenty of time to become a PEGOT. :)

I was pulling for Casey Afleck all the way. I have enjoyed a lot of his roles in other movies. I wonder how Denzel handled not winning, the camera cut to him but I couldnt really read his emotion? Denzels a helluva actor actor as well, I couldve seen the award going to him just as well.

Am mildly upset that my last theatre visit I sat through some forgettable, (not very) Suspense genre about some guy with a zillion personalities (I let the other person pick the movie, Grrr). And as i'm walking out I realized we could have seen "Arrival" instead!!

Archived