R.I.P. the great Bill Paxton

DunderMifflin

Dead at 61 due complications from surgery.

An extraordinary body of work left by this guy.  Two that come to mind are the very underrated movies Frailty and A Simple Plan. Great performances in great movies, but his shining moment in my eyes was as Chet the douchey brother in Weird Science.

Also I saw a tweet claiming he's the only actor to be killed by The Terminator, Alien, and Predator which is pretty cool.

27 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Condolences to his family.

Am I the only one who thought this announcement was about the President from Independence Day?

Bill Pullman? Yeah, I got them mixed up sometimes too.

But Paxton was a great actor. At 61 he had plenty of time to do more. Sad news.

Game over, man, game over!

Bill probably caught most people's attention as Hudson in Aliens.  He had an ability to really create a likable jerk in films like Weird Science, True Lies, Predator 2 and others.

No shortage of strong drama performances either.  Frailty, A Simple Plan, Big Love (3 Golden Globe noms) and his Emmy nominated turn in Hatfields & McCoys.

Here a 12 picture photo gallery that covers the highlights of his career. 

http://variety.com/gallery/bill-paxton-dies-career-photos-aliens-titanic/#!1/cbs-tca-party-arrivals-los-angeles-usa-10-aug-2016-2/

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Waaaaay too young. Died from complications from surgery. I really hope it wasn't the elective kind. RIP. 

I read that he had a stroke following heart surgery. :dunno: 

2 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

What the fuck! That's terrible.

He had many great roles and was a solid presence  in every movie I can remember seeing him in.

My personal favourite of his roles is probably Severen in Near Dark.

RIP

Yep!! Near Dark is one of my favourite movies and he's the best character!! 

Archived