What ever happened to?

JonSnowed

In preparation for Season 7 I've started watching each of the earlier seasons again, having just finished season 2 (I'll start season 3 in a couple of weeks hopefully spurred on by official announcement of S7 date and teaser trailer) but can anyone help me work out what happened to a couple of characters who just seemed to disappear:

* Ser Illyn Payne (I think the actor got sick?)

* Old Nan

* Kavarro (Dany's blood rider in season 2)

* Great Jon Umber (in S1 and sent to fight Lannisters in S2)

* Quathe (the witch in Qarth)

* There is also a Dothraki in Season 1 who talks to Jorah and Dany a lot (he just disappears too).

Ps. I've read the books but I can't remember their fates in that either.

Ser Illyn Payne actor got sick

Old Nan actress passed away 

Don't know what happened to Kavarro. He disappeared around the same time the Dothraki were pushed aside for the Unsullied.

Great Jon Umber actor either quit the show or wasn't asked back. There was apparently drama on the set.

Quaithe is probably not going to be followed up on

I think you're talking of Rakharo. He died in season 2. The actor is currently on a different show called Scorpion.

12 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

Out of interest what happened to Old Nan in the books? I'm pretty sure Ser Ilyn is still alive in the books.

We don't know. according to Theon's POV chapters she was taken to the Dreadfort after Winterfell was sacked and he assumes that she is dead by now.

40 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

Thanks Orphalesion.

The other thing which struck me is how prominent the silent sisters are in the first two seasons but again they seemed (in my mind at least) to almost disappear as the show progresses.

It's not just the silent sisters. If you ask me the first 3 seasons made a lot more effort to show consistent extras that would, by all logic be present. Cersei's handmaidens, Daenerys' Dothraki, Lysa Arryn's entire court at the Eyrie some recurring courtiers at King's Landing that you can (if you pay attention) spot in almost every scene involving groups of nobles...they all disappeared as time went on, even the hordes of Tyrells that swarmed around the KL gardens like so many butterflies.  

The last time they really had that was Olenna's garden party, but as season 4 progressed everybody became weirdly solitary.

• 1 month later...

Quaithe was from Asshai, and I'd be EXTREMELY perplexed if either Asshai, or the Shadow Lands or any of that far-Eastern stuff doesn't come up again as it seems to be of central importance to the mythology and probably connected to the Long Night somehow.

So I'd say whether that specific woman appears again or not is secondary - if she was acting as an individual, she probably will; if she was merely an "agent" of some Asshai / Red God / Faceless / anti-warlock cult organization, or following some sort of supernatural instructions available to others from her region, maybe she won't, but whatever motivated or informed her will.

On 2017. 02. 26. at 11:35 PM, JonSnowed said:

In preparation for Season 7 I've started watching each of the earlier seasons again, having just finished season 2 (I'll start season 3 in a couple of weeks hopefully spurred on by official announcement of S7 date and teaser trailer) but can anyone help me work out what happened to a couple of characters who just seemed to disappear:

* Ser Illyn Payne (I think the actor got sick?)

* Old Nan

* Kavarro (Dany's blood rider in season 2)

* Great Jon Umber (in S1 and sent to fight Lannisters in S2)

* Quathe (the witch in Qarth)

* There is also a Dothraki in Season 1 who talks to Jorah and Dany a lot (he just disappears too).

Ps. I've read the books but I can't remember their fates in that either.

I have no idea about the actors, but here's what (I think) happened to the characters: 

* Ser Illyn Payne - retired?

* Old Nan - died in the sack of Winterfell

* Kavarro (Dany's blood rider in season 2) - he is throwing up in Gendry's boat :dunno: killed somewhere off camera? 

* Great Jon Umber (in S1 and sent to fight Lannisters in S2) - killed at the red wedding

* Quathe (the witch in Qarth) - still a witch in Qarth (why else would she be anywhere else?) 

* There is also a Dothraki in Season 1 who talks to Jorah and Dany a lot (he just disappears too) - left with the 39960 dothraki of Drogo's khalasar who didn't follow Daenerys? 

27 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Quathe (the witch in Qarth) - still a witch in Qarth (why else would she be anywhere else?) 

Maybe she came to Qarth undercover, specifically to help out Daenerys against the warlocks? If that's the case, maybe she's somewhere else now why not ;)

10 minutes ago, Pink Fat Rast said:

Maybe she came to Qarth undercover, specifically to help out Daenerys against the warlocks? If that's the case, maybe she's somewhere else now why not ;)

And maybe she is actually Elia Martell or Ashara Dayne or both. :smug: 

Archived