.H.

Bakker XLVII: Eär-War - A Nomen of Onomatopoeic Omen

224 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Triskan said:

Maybe he fathered some Dunyain and that's why they have some Nonmn blood.

Me likes!

Posted (edited)

I figure they're all three spoilers cause they're designed  the same way, which is basically as spoilers.

so the straightforward, seswatha is lying, "teaser/spoiler"

the slightly less straightforward, shit is going down, sorry suckers you don't get to be surprised by it "spoiler/teaser", "it's a trap" in the yemaleti mountains

and the slightly less straightforward spoiler/reveal, "harapior got Serwa pregnant" spoiler. 

;);)

all in good fun, y'll

Edited by lokisnow

Hmmm. Yeah that could be it for all 3, Loki. 

3 hours ago, lokisnow said:

I figure they're all three spoilers cause they're designed  the same way, which is basically as spoilers.

so the straightforward, seswatha is lying, "teaser/spoiler"

the slightly less straightforward, shit is going down, sorry suckers you don't get to be surprised by it "spoiler/teaser", "it's a trap" in the yemaleti mountains

and the slightly less straightforward spoiler/reveal, "harapior got Serwa pregnant" spoiler. 

;);)

all in good fun, y'll

Dude, this post was really good but I have to say would have been better if there was a "Only slightly less well-known is THIS!" included somewhere.  

Sone teasing Bakkerfans did on The Second Apocalypse forum, thought it may be of interest. http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=2081.0

I will begin with an old question, How crucial is TSTSNBN to the ending of the story and how well does TAE stand on it's own compared to PoN? 

WELL HERE'S SOMETHING WEIRD!

I HAVE NO FREAKING CLUE WHAT THE NAME IS OF TSTSNBN!

...HOWEVER...

TUC ENDS IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT'S PRETTY CLEAR WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS

SO I COULD IMAGINE A FEW DIFFERENT TITLES FOR WHATEVER'S NEXT

TUC CHANGES EARWA MORE THAN TTT DID

Prior to the split, RSB described the series as being a big strip tease with TUC being the moment the G-string went shooting across the room.  

While we did get a few revelations in TGO, it didn't live up to the "flying g-string moment".  Does TUC make up for that?  Or are my expectations completely out of whack?

YES AND NO!

BAKKER'S GOT SUCH A MYSTERY HABIT--THERE ARE STILL SUBSTANTIAL MYSTERIES AFTER TUC

HOWEVER, TUC REVEALS SOME PRETTY AWESOME STUFF.  THE END INCLUDES A MAJOR REVELATION ABOUT WHAT HAS COME BEFORE -- A REVELATION THAT OVERLAPS WITH A MAJOR FORWARD PLOT ADVANCEMENT THINGY

THE BOOK WAS A CRAZY MIX OF OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT! AND HOLY CRAP HOW LONG MUST I WAIT FOR MORE!

IT'S NOT THAT I THINK BAKKER WILL KICK ALL OF THE CANS DOWN THE ROAD FOREVER, IT'S JUST THAT HE IS STILL HOARDING SOME GOOD STUFF THAT I EXPECT HE WILL REVEAL ... EVENTUALLY

...BUT...

IMO--TUC IS A MAJOR REVELATION ABOUT THE ULTIMATE STRUCTURAL PHILOSOPHICAL POINT OF VIEW THAT BAKKER HAS CREATED EARWA AROUND.  THAT IS, THERE WAS PLENTY OF PLOT STUFF THAT DIDN'T REVEAL ANCIENT MYSTERIES BUT DID REVEAL THE BARE BONES TRUTH OF THIS BAKKERVERSE

I HAD THAT FEELING THAT I ALREADY KNOW HOW ANY FURTHER STORIES WILL END

I will begin with an old question, How crucial is TSTSNBN to the ending of the story and how well does TAE stand on it's own compared to PoN? 

WELL HERE'S SOMETHING WEIRD!

I HAVE NO FREAKING CLUE WHAT THE NAME IS OF TSTSNBN!

...HOWEVER...

TUC ENDS IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT'S PRETTY CLEAR WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS

SO I COULD IMAGINE A FEW DIFFERENT TITLES FOR WHATEVER'S NEXT

TUC CHANGES EARWA MORE THAN TTT DID

Avoided the question eh  :P ( it is an addiction)  but do you need to know what comes next or is it enough? 

HAHA!

OK OK

TAE STANDS GREAT ON ITS OWN.  MORE COHERENT THAN POE, IMO.

I DON'T KNOW HOW IMPORTANT TSTSNBN IS TO ALL OF TSA.  TRULY, BAKKER SURPRISES.  HE COULD DO SOME CRAZY SHIT, IDK.

BUT I SUSPECT THAT TSTSNBN WILL PUT CHARACTERS IN THE SEMBLANCE OF DRAMA AND YET WILL COME FULL CIRCLE TO SORT OF 'CONFIRM' THE END OF TUC.  IT SEEMS TO ME THAT TUC IS THE CULMINATION OF BAKKER'S 'ARGUMENT.'  ALL FURTHER MATERIAL WILL (EVENTUALLY) BE USED TO CONFIRM TUC.

BUT LIKE I SAID, I DON'T KNOW.  THIS GUY WAS SO PATIENT AS TO FORESHADOW SAUBON'S TGO THING WAY BACK IN TWP, SO WE SHOULD DEFINITELY EXPECT SOME UNEXPECTED FROM FUTURE BAKKER.

ALSO.  REMEMBER THE COLLEGE OF LUTHYMAE?

I bet MG photoshopped his picture of TUC. He has nothing but lies to give us!

IT'S ENTIRELY TRUE!  LETS PLAY 3 LIES AND 0 TRUTHS

1. IT WAS LEWETH
2. IT WAS LEWETH'S WIFE
3. SHE WAS THE LAST NONWOMAN

Capslock rising

I like to imagine actual typewriter armatures swinging and smashing into the screen to have written those comments

11 hours ago, Triskan said:

Dude, this post was really good but I have to say would have been better if there was a "Only slightly less well-known is THIS!" included somewhere.  

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Earwa" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against an Ikurei when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Earwa" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against an Ikurei when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...

Inconceivable!

I just finished re-reading The Warrior-Prophet, and just like before, I still don't know what Kellhus did exactly when they removed him from the Circumfix. 

29 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I just finished re-reading The Warrior-Prophet, and just like before, I still don't know what Kellhus did exactly when they removed him from the Circumfix. 

He pulled Serwa's heart out of his butt when his followers put the blanket on him. Then he reached "into" his chest and pulled it out. 

27 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

God God why does that guy post in all caps.

He's got to make sure that you feel the enthusiasm, and it sounds like you're feeling it.

On 3/2/2017 at 6:10 PM, Callan S. said:

Clearing quote

27 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

That entire transcript reads like a used car salesman hyping a car you've already bought.  And by hyping I mean shouting.  

19 minutes ago, unJon said:

He pulled Serwa's heart out of his butt when his followers put the blanket on him. Then he reached "into" his chest and pulled it out. 

Classic Kellhus party move.

45 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

IS NOT THRUTH INFINITE?

39 minutes ago, unJon said:

:blink:

6 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

IS NOT THRUTH INFINITE?

No its stops around 16 or so.

12 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Because he is Wütteat

Posted (edited)

On 3/3/2017 at 5:35 PM, Rhom said:

I know we have wondered about all the mysterious circles on the maps and if they could be the location of other Arks 

So would it be like the Matrix sequels then, and this is really like the fifth apocalypse? :P

Edited by Let's Get Kraken

8 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

So would it be like the Matrix sequels then, and this is really like the fifth apocalypse?

The survivor states his conclusion that 'this has all happened before'

I was wondering if it was Donnie Darko like, where the movie is the final iteration of a looping world where the events have all repeated multiple times before we see the movie.

Also the other day I found out 'apocalypse' in Greek means revelation of a great knowledge