Bakker XLVII: Eär-War - A Nomen of Onomatopoeic Omen

.H.

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I wouldn't get worked up over the "teasers". BAKKERFANS/MG (at SA) is not gonna give out any big revelation as a teaser. I'd say they are to keep people interested and to spark conversation, that's it. The last one, about what on the other side of the Yimalata Mountains or something like that, we'll when has that even been brought up in the books that something is behind them? That's in the Northwest of Eärwa, far away from Eänna. Or, like who the Torturer's son is. That is so out of left field, I don't even care to speculate on who his son is. These teasers are not the good stuff.

MG is a cool dude, he is just fuck u ng with us. And when I said that in the Qurom to him at SA, he never denied it.

I don't think it sparks conversation very well, however. Maybe at TSA? But it doesn't do much here. The first one about the dreams did - but knowing about the Terrible Truth of something in the mountains? We lack any context to make this meaningful, and therefore there isn't anything to converse about. 

If he wants to fuck with us, that's even less useful. I kind of feel like enough spoiled fanbois have fucked with the other fans by releasing outright lies already. My suspicion is that he is not attempting to fuck with people and is simply trying to release information that is not particularly revealing but is something new, but I could be wrong; he could simply be another fucking liar.

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I don't think it sparks conversation very well, however. Maybe at TSA? But it doesn't do much here. The first one about the dreams did - but knowing about the Terrible Truth of something in the mountains? We lack any context to make this meaningful, and therefore there isn't anything to converse about. 

If he wants to fuck with us, that's even less useful. I kind of feel like enough spoiled fanbois have fucked with the other fans by releasing outright lies already. My suspicion is that he is not attempting to fuck with people and is simply trying to release information that is not particularly revealing but is something new, but I could be wrong; he could simply be another fucking liar.

Well, your post was exactly what I was trying to get across. These are all meaningless teasers. I straight up asked him in the Qurom at SA and he never denied it. It's just to keep interest, or create it for TUC. 

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

??!

4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'll let someone else get into it.

So what are your ideas on where the story could go and how satisfying it'll be for you?

Your own options 1 and 3 (more so this one) I am a fellow Kellhus hater but what I would like more than seeing Kellhus dead is seeing him turning into an outright villain.

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I kind of feel like enough spoiled fanbois have fucked with the other fans by releasing outright lies already.

Fairly sure that you and Darth are the only two indignant enough to vilify me for my actions without trying to understand them ;).

23 minutes ago, Madness said:

Fairly sure that you and Darth are the only two indignant enough to vilify me for my actions without trying to understand them ;).

Have you ever explained yourself other than wanting to troll people?

On 3/6/2017 at 11:10 AM, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Ok, but what "drives" him to follow the TT, hmmm? You admitted.it's not the Shortest Path. Something has to drive him towards these goals. It isn't a whimsical goal, "Hmm, u think I might just for on ahead and take that Thought a bit farther, not much more to do around here.". There has to be a basis on which Kellhus is driven to save the world and end damnation. A couple posts ago, you admitted that immortality probably isn't a goal or even achievable for Kellhus. So, what drives him then? No one, go to the lengths this man has for the fun of it. Something inside him makes him want to enact the TT, save the world, end damnation. And, what is the difference between being driven by emotion and emotion being needed by the TT? Regardless, the emotion is there. 

HI MSJ!

Well my suggestion would be less troll-y "you'll never believe it when you hear who Luke skywalker's father is!" type of posts, because that's how they come across.

some pollution begs the knife, yah know

i think wert did an amazing job promoting TGO with his history of earwa, for example.

you could always organize the aphorisms from the first seven books, Cull for kewlness and then meme the text to some fan art. :P Picture of cnaiur, "no urn is so cracked as fate"

Now I'm picturing that badass rendering of the horns with meme text on it: "the very stronghold of s-s-alvation "

i think the problem is you have to divorce your eagerness to gloat from the much harder and much less fun task of marketing and promotion. A good rule, if it makes YOU gleeful it's probably just about you gloating and basking in the sensation and attention. Which means the promotion is not really doing much for the book since it's actually about you." :)

Archived