Bakker XLVII: Eär-War - A Nomen of Onomatopoeic Omen

.H.

3 hours ago, LuckyCharms said:

Evil is a Matter of Perspective will apparently be released next month. We'll be getting out next Atrocity Tale about Uster Scraul soon.

Did we have to fund the kickstarter to get it?

Uuuhh, I don't think so? I feel like that would be majorly anti-consumer. You'd want people to buy your product. Adrian said in the updates that physical copies would be shipped out March 30th to various outlets, and then the physical book and pdfs would be available for purchase sometime in April.

People who backed the Kickstarter get all sorts of in-group bonuses and perks, but it won't be a requisite to buy the damn thing.

10 hours ago, LuckyCharms said:

Uuuhh, I don't think so? I feel like that would be majorly anti-consumer. You'd want people to buy your product. Adrian said in the updates that physical copies would be shipped out March 30th to various outlets, and then the physical book and pdfs would be available for purchase sometime in April.

People who backed the Kickstarter get all sorts of in-group bonuses and perks, but it won't be a requisite to buy the damn thing.

Ok but doesn't appear to be on preorder anywhere. The Grimdark magazine issue was purchasable on Amazon. Guess will wait to end of month to see what happens. 

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, profgrape said:

Do like hearing that.  I wonder how long after TUC release he will make us wait to tell us the name of TSTSNBN.  :dunno: 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Do like hearing that.  I wonder how long after TUC release he will make us wait to tell us the name of TSTSNBN.  :dunno: 

I'm guessing we will know. Just need to answer the question of what is Kel's status / title at the end of TUC. 

13 hours ago, Triskan said:

ETA:  So I talked a lot of nonsense after WLW about who Meppa had to portend something really significant, but I felt like and it seemed like the consensus around here was that TGO curtailed that a bit.  Anyone got any fresh thoughts on what we'll see with that storyline in TUC?

I think Meppa will consider Kellhus to be the second coming of Mallahet and follow him, sort of like how Iyokus ended up helping Kellhus after Akka took his eyes.

35 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I think Meppa will consider Kellhus to be the second coming of Mallahet and follow him, sort of like how Iyokus ended up helping Kellhus after Akka took his eyes.

Presumably Meppa wouldn't have known Mallahet, since Meppa seems to have become a Cishuarim post-Shimeh and Moe would already have been dead.  I mean, maybe he knew of him though.

I think Meppa is key because he has the Psûhke, which is one of the few things Kellhus doesn't.  Whether it's for Kellhus to learn, or for him to manipulate Meppa into using I'm not sure though.  My guess would be that Kellhus will learn it though.

19 minutes ago, .H. said:

Presumably Meppa wouldn't have known Mallahet, since Meppa seems to have become a Cishuarim post-Shimeh and Moe would already have been dead.  I mean, maybe he knew of him though.

I think Meppa is key because he has the Psûhke, which is one of the few things Kellhus doesn't.  Whether it's for Kellhus to learn, or for him to manipulate Meppa into using I'm not sure though.  My guess would be that Kellhus will learn it though.

Still, I wonder. What could Meppa, a single Cishaurim, add to the already gathered might of the Schools? I don't see it as of yet.

1 minute ago, Damelon said:

Still, I wonder. What could Meppa, a single Cishaurim, add to the already gathered might of the Schools? I don't see it as of yet.

Well, I think that Malowebi's observation that Meppa's Psûhke could actually challenge Kellhus' meta-Gnostic wards speaks to it's power.  What that kind of power could do when added to the Gnosis is anyone's guess.  Another option is that, like Fanayal, Kellhus leaves him alive to do something he knows he will.

2 hours ago, .H. said:

Why do you say Meppa became a Cish post Shimeh? I though all the Cish except Meppa died at Shimeh, so who would have taugh Meppa? 

Archived