Bakker XLVII: Eär-War - A Nomen of Onomatopoeic Omen

.H.

20 minutes ago, Triskan said:

On the theory that the First Apocalypse never happened, perhaps always a shaky theory, Oinaral tells Sorweel that he saw the whirlwind with his own eyes, and this seems a believable POV to me.

Yea, don't see that being the twist. Maybe, Seswatha wasn't who the Mandate actually thought of him to be. 

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

I still think something like that is likely, but to what end?  I like the idea that it's to help goad the Mandate, unwittingly, into helping end the world.

Seswatha made a door lock for his treasure vault out of trapped souls. He's definitely not a good guy. 

13 hours ago, lokisnow said:

He didn't build the lock.

Didn't her? ;)

2 hours ago, Triskan said:

Yeah, I had no idea what that was in reference to.  Something at Sauglish I'm forgetting?  The glamour at the Ark?

Yes Sauglish. All a dream (I think the first) in TJE. Same one that talks about watcher and watched cycle. Then in a classic Layers of Revelation, in TGO we learn how absolutely awful it is to embed a soul in an object because only part of it remains while the other part suffers in damnation. 

Just finished TGO, glad to see these threads are still going after all these years!

So I've been wondering how Kel escapes the WLW. Was Kelmomas calling out definitely the break from the forseen path? Why would Kelmomas be a blind spot for Yatwer? I thought the no-god was supposed to be their blind spot, is Kelmomas somehow connected to that? 

I listened to it via audiobook so its a bit of a pain to review, but did I hear it right that Esme tries to kill Kellhus on the WLW path and only doesn't because Kelmomas distracts her?

I think it's because Kelmomas is twin souled and the god things just don't see that as possible, therefore it isn't - so they were blind to it.

Still strikes me as so strange Kemomas watching the white luck warrior as the WLW just stands in his room like an inanimate marionette - reminds me of a monster closet in a video game, where monsters just stand stupidly since they aren't being seen yet/haven't met the cycle of watcher and watched.

39 minutes ago, aimlessgun said:

So I've been wondering how Kel escapes the WLW. Was Kelmomas calling out definitely the break from the forseen path? Why would Kelmomas be a blind spot for Yatwer? I thought the no-god was supposed to be their blind spot, is Kelmomas somehow connected to that? 

Some readers think that Ajokli guides Kel so he would save Khellus from Yatwer, because Khellus lead millions of souls into damnation for false worshiping. 

4 hours ago, Gronzag said:

Some readers think that Ajokli guides Kel so he would save Khellus from Yatwer, because Khellus lead millions of souls into damnation for false worshiping. 

Bakker pretty specifically denied that the gods are blind to Ajokli in regard to Kel and the WLW in the feedback thread, although I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Random aside: Is anyone interested in coming to London, potentially in late July/early August, for a fan meet up? The Ishoiya crowd - myself, Wilshire, MG (bakkerfans), Francis Buck, Garet Jax, and Camlost - are hoping to up the ante from last year's post-TGO gathering. Trying to gauge interest before looking into renting a hotel venue.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

Is Cnaiur right that Akka actually plots vengeance against Kellhus and has just used finding his origins as a rationalization?  Not sure if it matters, but that seems to be his conclusion.  

No, Achamian can not hope to exact any vengeance against Khellus, and he knows that. The way i see it, he was a spurned, bitter man, who wanted to prove to himself that it was everybody else in the Three Seas, not him, who were being fools for worshiping Khellus.

But now, when it's clear that the end of the world is near, he suddenly wants to believe Khellus is ultimately not evil, because he is the only person in the world who can stop the Consult and the No-God.

Archived