Bakker XLVII: Eär-War - A Nomen of Onomatopoeic Omen

.H.

Wert, with US/UK TUC release near simultaneous apparently, any word on your receiving an ARC to review?

May, probably.

I should really start thinking about the fifth History of Earwa segment, bringing the history up to date.

4 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

My point was that 99% of Earwa believe if they live the right way they'll be saved.

But that is true ('right' as in for the purpose of being saved)

It's not that 99% believe if they live the right way they'll be saved

It's that 99% believe that their way is THE right way

And they believe unquestioningly

13 minutes ago, Callan S. said:

But that is true ('right' as in for the purpose of being saved)

It's not that 99% believe if they live the right way they'll be saved

It's that 99% believe that their way is THE right way

And they believe unquestioningly

Right, that's probably a better way to put it. Sure.

3 hours ago, Hello World said:

Wasn't this book Evil is a Matter of Perspective supposed to come out in April? I can't find a specific date for some reason. Has anyone read it?

It was supposed to be available on March 31st, I believe. But they pushed it back two weeks, so now the official release date is on April 14th. You can check that on the kickstarter update page. Still no options for buying on amazon or whatever, which is annoying.

On 4/6/2017 at 9:57 PM, unJon said:

The Kel/Moe conversation (both lie becoming truth and the falsity of the Freat Ordeal), Akka's last dream where the Heron Spear isn't fired and Kel telling Akka he will how next time they see each other. All of those feel like foreshadowing of TUC. 

Whoops. I forgot about the very end of the damn book lol. Yeah, when you end your first trilogy on that note between those two characters, of course it's going to have some payoff.

10 hours ago, Werthead said:

May, probably.

I should really start thinking about the fifth History of Earwa segment, bringing the history up to date.

Sixth, friend? Are you thinking of recounting the first three books of TAE? Sounds exciting.

I hope more ARCs get to reviewers this time, including yourself and Pat, obviously - and in a timely manner.

2 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Maybe, Ses gave them the Heron Spear? Its hinted at in one of the dreams that they never used it against the No-God. I know others have hypothesized that, but it seems likely.

DISAGREE! My theory is that Ses had his own Wathi doll, just to add to the Akka and Seswatha parallels.

7 hours ago, redeagl said:

DISAGREE! My theory is that Ses had his own Wathi doll, just to add to the Akka and Seswatha parallels.

Sweet! Though given Ses doctors the memories, Lokisnow makes for an even easier answer.

Of course you're both wrong! It was shark repellent that he used! Skin spies have cartilage, not bone. See, it all ties in!

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I thought this too.  I know it wasn't outright stated, but I thought it was implied. 

Well, all we get from that his him being tortured to find out where the Heron Spear is.  Since they never found it, we presume Seswatha never told them where it was, so why would he release him?

The options would seem to be:

Seswatha comes up with a way to escape (unlikely, but not impossible, perhaps the same way Akka escapes).

Someone rescues him (maybe Nau-Cayuti?).

He tells Mek where the Spear is (or lies about it) and gets released (seems unlikely).

He convinces Mek to switch sides (we know he does at least once, from his own saying) and so he lets Seswatha go.

I think the last one is most probable, from everything we know.

3 hours ago, .H. said:

Well, all we get from that his him being tortured to find out where the Heron Spear is.  Since they never found it, we presume Seswatha never told them where it was, so why would he release him?

The options would seem to be:

Seswatha comes up with a way to escape (unlikely, but not impossible, perhaps the same way Akka escapes).

Someone rescues him (maybe Nau-Cayuti?).

He tells Mek where the Spear is (or lies about it) and gets released (seems unlikely).

He convinces Mek to switch sides (we know he does at least once, from his own saying) and so he lets Seswatha go.

I think the last one is most probable, from everything we know.

Couldn't be Nau-Cayuti who rescued him; he was dead/missing before the Fall of Tryse.  And if history is to be believed, Seswatha didn't know what happened to the HS after the Batlle of Eleneot Fields.

Agree that Mek is the most likely candidate as savoir.  Although I really like @redeagl's idea about using something like the Wathi doll!

Archived