How did Cersei get Jamie in the KG

On 14/3/2017 at 1:25 PM, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Surely if Cersei had slept with Aerys we would have got a hint about it in her POV? She does seem to dwell on her sexual relationships, her relationship with Robert, her obsession with Rhaegar. I think her molestation as a teenager by a mad, crusty king with fingernails like claws and a wild filthy beard would cross her mind once or twice.

This is the main reason why I think that CerseisleptwithAerys theory has little credibility.

Think about it, GRRM enjoys greatly to introduce characters and much later to give them POV, which forces the reader to change an opinion about certain things.

Example Jaime and the kinslaying, Barristan and his feelings towards Robert's reaction to the death of Rhaegar's children.

With Cersei we never had an intimate revelation, not even when she is most desperate, as captive of the sparrows.

In fact, whenever she thinks of Aerys, her feelings are of anger and contempt:

Unbidden, a memory came to her, of the feast King Aerys had thrown when Cersei first came to court, a girl as green as summer grass. Old Merryweather had been nattering about raising the duty on wine when Lord Rykker said, "If we need gold, His Grace should sit Lord Tywin on his chamber pot." Aerys and his lickspittles laughed loudly, whilst Father stared at Rykker over his wine cup. Long after the merriment had died that gaze had lingered. Rykker turned away, turned back, met Father's eyes, then ignored them, drank a tankard of ale, and stalked off red-faced, defeated by a pair of unflinching eyes.

She obviously admires her father's reaction to the humiliating remark and at the same time, other than Aerys throwing a feast in her honour, there is no further mention of an intimate relationship between them.

"Now you sound like Aerys."

Her nostrils flared. "Guard your tongue, ser."

Instead she is offended when Jaime compares her to Aerys.

It had to have been the madness that led Aerys to refuse Lord Tywin's daughter and take his son instead, whilst marrying his own son to a feeble Dornish princess with black eyes and a flat chest

She regards Aerys as mad for refusing her as his daughter in law.

As a young woman she appears to be infatuated with Rhaegar and she does use sex to manipulate Jaime, but there is no suggestion that she would do the same in order to control any other man, especially an older, mentally unstable King, who enjoyed humiliating her father. Besides, as someone who had fallen in love with the prince, she would certainly be disgusted by the king, in a manner similar to Sansa's adoration for Joffrey and disgust for Robert.

She also mentions that Varys manipulated her after she married Robert.

"He serves me well."

"Or so he'd have you believe. You think you're the only one he whispers secrets to? He gives each of us just enough to convince us that we'd be helpless without him. He played the same game with me, when I first wed Robert. For years, I was convinced I had no truer friend at court, but now . . ."

What I find interesting is the mention of Ser Ilyn:

"Father will never consent," Jaime objected.

"The king won't ask him. And once it's done, Father can't object, not openly. Aerys had Ser Ilyn Payne's tongue torn out just for boasting that it was the Hand who truly ruled the Seven Kingdoms. The captain of the Hand's guard, and yet Father dared not try and stop it! He won't stop this, either."

It is obvious the impact of Ser Ilyn's punishment, it was a huge blow to Tywin's prestige, in the end he was unable to protect a man, whose only crime was his loyalty to him. It might be that Cersei decided to use Aerys' paranoia and hatred for Tywin, to her benefit. 

8 hours ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

She did. IICR; she remembered she mocked his mustache.

I don't remember the quote about the moustache specifically but IIRC that quote was not in the context of her sleeping with him. I only remember her actually bringing it up only when she warned Lancel before he left KL not to tell anyone.

On 1/5/2017 at 1:02 PM, foxberlin said:

the prophecy is wrong, because the king lives, so her place is to be Lady of Casterly Rock

Great post!!!!

It could be, it would be a really smart move for Cersei. But I think she really wanted to be queen, Casterly Rock would have been less appealing  especially for a teen-Cersei 

she makes the prophecy come true by marrying the king

She was seductive for sure probably to instill the idea of Jaime in the kingsguard, but I don't think she wanted to marry/bed the king.  As for the night with Jaime, I think she used sex for convincing Jaime to agree to her plan. And this take us to the other option:

someone needs to help the prophecy come true by killing the king

This could be. I really can see Cersei think that she can use Jaime to eliminate the King. What went wrong in this plan was that Tywin took her away from KL and she was not been able to manipulate Jaime.  In the end he really killed the king, because of a twist of fate. I really like you idea!

• 3 months later...

Cercei  seduced Allister Thorne . Both Rykker and Thorne was in King's Landing when Tywin sacked the city , it is known that Rykker was sent to the wall for saying in jest "Tywin craps gold." when Tywin was the king's hand. What is known , Tywin does not abide perceived insults or jests at his expense and that the loss of his heir , Jaime to the King's Guard was enough to cause  for him to quit the king's council. What do you think he would do to the person he felt deprived him of is heir ?  Heads on spikes or bodies at the wall .And as far as we know Rykker and Thorne  were the only loyalist sent to the wall .

Archived