DAARIO NAHARIS, SON OF THE RED VIPER (Restored and Completed)

bemused

2 hours ago, bemused said:

I don't think we can agree on this point  ... Daario is quick, by his own claim and Barristan's thoughts (Yes, that was by comparison to himself, but then, he was pretty quick in the basilisk episode.)..Daario will later recommend a surprise attack to Dany..

Why would he take on the two of them together, if he didn't have to? Unless they were inseparable in the interim, they could have been dealt with singly. We don't even know how they were killed, for that matter. We only know their heads were taken to Dany to prove they were dead. ..He could have snuck up behind them and snapped their necks, commando-style .. or any number of  other ways. (Hell, maybe botanist Daario could have poisoned them..;):o)

Dany actually says nothing about being dirty ... something can be clean and still have sweat stains. I don't think he changed his clothes..I think that's something she would have remarked.

Either way, why should he have salt stained boots? I think (in light of the other Oberyn clues) that they refer to the salty Dornish and ancestral ties to Nymeria.

(Just a personal experience note: I had a friend who dealt in vintage fabrics and clothing. Some items could look pristine from 10,or even 5 ft. away, but up close, you could see the wear and tear along the seams and finished edges, and some sweat stains would not come out, no matter how often they'd been cleaned.)

Excellent points all, and upon reflection I think you're right that he likely did get closer to her when he came back with his "gifts."

Hee hee. Well we know he didn't use the Strangler or their faces would have been purple. 

Yunkai is on the sea. Perhaps he lured one of his co-captains out to the shore to kill him. He can have the salt stains from something he did that afternoon and it can still be symbolic of salty Dornish heritage. 

Here's a fun idea: what if he lured Prendhal away to tell him that Sallor was plotting against him, then pulled the same thing with Sallor, and let them kill each other? 

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Excellent points all, and upon reflection I think you're right that he likely did get closer to her when he came back with his "gifts."

Hee hee. Well we know he didn't use the Strangler or their faces would have been purple. 

Yunkai is on the sea. Perhaps he lured one of his co-captains out to the shore to kill him. He can have the salt stains from something he did that afternoon and it can still be symbolic of salty Dornish heritage. 

Here's a fun idea: what if he lured Prendhal away to tell him that Sallor was plotting against him, then pulled the same thing with Sallor, and let them kill each other? 

:D:D... I guess that would be Efficiency Expert Daario... or Political Strategist Daario?

Archived