Moments of Foreshadowing v.12

Lost Melnibonean

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Perfect, the quote to go w/ it!

And definitely agree, a thread on Winterfell's crypts sounds delicious! :D

All those swords being taken from the tombs... Will the wraiths of the old KoW "come out and play" w/o the iron to keep them in place?  :wideeyed: 

Yeah, a quote can work however a person spins it. I'm being a bit of a arse at the moment.

Talking about the swords that Bran & company took from the crypts during their hiding experience ----- I actually dug into it, thought it was important ---- seems to be by time Bran & company arrived at the cave those particular crypt swords weren't important ----

Doesn't negate that Rickon had a dream as Bran had a dream that Eddard was in the crypts. I have know idea why Hodor didn't wannna take Bran down there in the first book and Hodor didn't have a problem going down there in the later book.

Ya want me to pull the Rickon quote?

There was no place to run, no place to hide, no way to bar the door. Finally the footsteps stopped and she knew he was just outside, standing there silent with his dead eyes and his long pocked face. That was when she realized she was naked. She crouched down, trying to cover herself with her hands, as her door began to swing open, creaking, the point of the greatsword poking through …

I don't like to think about what this could foreshadow. 

• 2 weeks later...

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys II

"Are you here?"
"No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys VII

"A sun in splendor, transfixed by a spear."
The sun's son. A shiver went through her. "Shadows and whispers." What else had Quaithe said? The pale mare and the sun's son. There was a lion in it too, and a dragon. Or am I the dragon? "Beware the perfumed seneschal." That she remembered. "Dreams and prophecies. Why must they always be in riddles? I hate this. Oh, leave me, ser. Tomorrow is my wedding day."
That night Daario had her every way a man can have a woman, and she gave herself to him willingly. The last time, as the sun was coming up, she used her mouth to make him hard again, as Doreah had taught her long ago, then rode him so wildly that his wound began to bleed again, and for one sweet heartbeat she could not tell whether he was inside of her, or her inside of him.

Well, who could the sun's son be? It is not false flag Quentyn (sorry, Quent, but you're just a frog :(). Aegon/fAegon/Young Griff is the 'mummer's dragon' also warned about.
The moon is the second woman wife of the sun and the one to "crack" and hatch dragons, and the result is the sun's son.

A Game of Thrones - Daenerys III

Silvery-wet hair tumbled across her eyes as Dany turned her head, curious. "The moon?"
"He told me the moon was an egg, Khaleesi," the Lysene girl said. "Once there were two moons in the sky, but one wandered too close to the sun and cracked from the heat. A thousand thousand dragons poured forth, and drank the fire of the sun. That is why dragons breathe flame. One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return."
The two Dothraki girls giggled and laughed. "You are foolish strawhead slave," Irri said. "Moon is no egg. Moon is god, woman wife of sun. It is known."

Aah, how tricksy this word play is, and not even Dany can make right of the riddles as she assumes it is meant as Quentyn Martell, but he is not a dragon, nor born from a cracked egg, nor born from the second moon wife to a sun...

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys VIII

"The Yunkai'i grow weaker as well. The bloody flux has taken hold amongst the Tolosi, it is said, and spread across the river to the third Ghiscari legion."
The pale mare. Daenerys sighed. Quaithe warned me of the pale mare's coming. She told me of the Dornish prince as well, the sun's son. She told me much and more, but all in riddles. "I cannot rely on plague to save me from my enemies. Set Pretty Meris free. At once."

15 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

"Are you here?"
"No. Hear me, Daenerys Targaryen. The glass candles are burning. Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

Well, who could the sun's son be?

If Aegon is real, he is Elia’s son, the Sun’s son... and also appeared in the House of the Undying.

20 minutes ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

If Aegon is real, he is Elia’s son, the Sun’s son... and also appeared in the House of the Undying.

He wasn't born of a second "moon wife", though. Aegon is the warned about 'mummer's dragon'.

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Hey! Could be an interesting read. Do you have a link?

I will try to find it. Theory goes that since Kraken and Dark flame are paired and they traveled together, same with Lion and Griffin, TP should be M'sD, because he traveled with Quentyn, and Sun's son and Mummer's dragon are paired.

7 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys II

"Are you here?"

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys VII

"A sun in splendor, transfixed by a spear."
The sun's son. A shiver went through her. "Shadows and whispers." What else had Quaithe said? The pale mare and the sun's son. There was a lion in it too, and a dragon. Or am I the dragon? "Beware the perfumed seneschal." That she remembered. "Dreams and prophecies. Why must they always be in riddles? I hate this. Oh, leave me, ser. Tomorrow is my wedding day."
That night Daario had her every way a man can have a woman, and she gave herself to him willingly. The last time, as the sun was coming up, she used her mouth to make him hard again, as Doreah had taught her long ago, then rode him so wildly that his wound began to bleed again, and for one sweet heartbeat she could not tell whether he was inside of her, or her inside of him.

Well, who could the sun's son be? It is not false flag Quentyn (sorry, Quent, but you're just a frog :(). Aegon/fAegon/Young Griff is the 'mummer's dragon' also warned about.
The moon is the second woman wife of the sun and the one to "crack" and hatch dragons, and the result is the sun's son.

A Game of Thrones - Daenerys III

Silvery-wet hair tumbled across her eyes as Dany turned her head, curious. "The moon?"
"He told me the moon was an egg, Khaleesi," the Lysene girl said. "Once there were two moons in the sky, but one wandered too close to the sun and cracked from the heat. A thousand thousand dragons poured forth, and drank the fire of the sun. That is why dragons breathe flame. One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return."
The two Dothraki girls giggled and laughed. "You are foolish strawhead slave," Irri said. "Moon is no egg. Moon is god, woman wife of sun. It is known."

Aah, how tricksy this word play is, and not even Dany can make right of the riddles as she assumes it is meant as Quentyn Martell, but he is not a dragon, nor born from a cracked egg, nor born from the second moon wife to a sun...

A Dance with Dragons - Daenerys VIII

"The Yunkai'i grow weaker as well. The bloody flux has taken hold amongst the Tolosi, it is said, and spread across the river to the third Ghiscari legion."
The pale mare. Daenerys sighed. Quaithe warned me of the pale mare's coming. She told me of the Dornish prince as well, the sun's son. She told me much and more, but all in riddles. "I cannot rely on plague to save me from my enemies. Set Pretty Meris free. At once."

Are you suggesting Rhaego is alive? 

• 2 weeks later...
Rorge screamed curses, kicking at the wood. "Boy!" called Jaqen H'ghar. "Sweet boy!"
The open trap was only a few feet ahead, but the fire was spreading fast, consuming the old wood and dry straw faster than she would have believed. Arya remembered the Hound's horrible burned face. "
(Arya IV ACOK)

Drogo's funeral:

"The flames were so beautiful, the loveliest things she had ever seen, each one a sorcerer robed in yellow and orange and scarlet, swirling long smoky cloaks. She saw crimson firelions and great yellow serpents and unicorns made of pale blue flame; she saw fish and foxes and monsters, wolves and bright birds and flowering trees, each more beautiful than the last. She saw a horse, a great grey stallion limned in smoke, its flowing mane a nimbus of blue flame. Yes, my love, my sun-and-stars, yes, mount now, ride now."

This is from Jon's chapter, where he let the wildlings thru:

"Satin had his horse saddled and bridled and waiting for him, a fiery grey courser with a mane as black and shiny as maester’s ink. He was not the sort of mount that Jon would have chosen for a ranging, but on this morning all that mattered was that he look impressive, and for that the stallion was a perfect choice."

Crimson firelions are Lannisters. Unicorns are House Brax. Fish could be House Botley, one of the principal houses sworn to the Greyjoys. Or it could be Brynden Tully's coat of arms. Fox - House Florent. Monsters - could be banner of House Umber with a giant, or Reed's lizard-lion. Wolves are Starks. Bright birds could be Littlefinger's mockingbirds. 

Though there's still flowering trees, and great yellow serpents, and there's no 7K's Houses with banners like that. Unless yellow serpents are Greyjoys, and flowering trees are House Wendwater. On their coat of arms there are three trees - green, red, and barren - summer, autumn, and winter. And there's no spring's flowering tree, but their motto is "For All Seasons", so they could be those flowering trees.

So could be that those flames from Drogo's funeral pyre were foreshadowings, that Dany will meet Jon, and other people of 7K, whose banners she saw in those flames.

24 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Drogo's funeral:

"The flames were so beautiful, the loveliest things she had ever seen, each one a sorcerer robed in yellow and orange and scarlet, swirling long smoky cloaks. She saw crimson firelions and great yellow serpents and unicorns made of pale blue flame; she saw fish and foxes and monsters, wolves and bright birds and flowering trees, each more beautiful than the last. She saw a horse, a great grey stallion limned in smoke, its flowing mane a nimbus of blue flame. Yes, my love, my sun-and-stars, yes, mount now, ride now."

This is from Jon's chapter, where he let the wildlings thru:

"Satin had his horse saddled and bridled and waiting for him, a fiery grey courser with a mane as black and shiny as maester’s ink. He was not the sort of mount that Jon would have chosen for a ranging, but on this morning all that mattered was that he look impressive, and for that the stallion was a perfect choice."

Crimson firelions are Lannisters. Unicorns are House Brax. Fish could be House Botley, one of the principal houses sworn to the Greyjoys. Or it could be Brynden Tully's coat of arms. Fox - House Florent. Monsters - could be banner of House Umber with a giant, or Reed's lizard-lion. Wolves are Starks. Bright birds could be Littlefinger's mockingbirds. 

Though there's still flowering trees, and great yellow serpents, and there's no 7K's Houses with banners like that. Unless yellow serpents are Greyjoys, and flowering trees are House Wendwater. On their coat of arms there are three trees - green, red, and barren - summer, autumn, and winter. And there's no spring's flowering tree, but their motto is "For All Seasons", so they could be those flowering trees.

So could be that those flames from Drogo's funeral pyre were foreshadowings, that Dany will meet Jon, and other people of 7K, whose banners she saw in those flames.

What do these visions by Daenerys as she walked into the pyre represent, if anything?

She saw crimson firelions and great yellow serpents and unicorns made of pale blue flame; she saw fish and foxes and monsters, wolves and bright birds and flowering trees, each more beautiful than the last.

As we see so often notice the pattern of three threes: 1. i. crimson firelions, ii. great yellow serpents, iii. pale blue unicorns, 2. i. fish, ii, foxes, iii, monsters, 3. i. wolves, ii. bright birds, iii. flowering trees.

Do these visions represent houses? If so I can't figure out the pattern, but I like this one best...

1. i. Lannisters, ii. dragons, iii. Rickon, 2. i. Tully, ii, Frey, iii, Nymeria, 3. i. Stark, ii. Baelish iii. Bran.

9 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

She saw crimson firelions and great yellow serpents and unicorns made of pale blue flame; she saw fish and foxes and monsters, wolves and bright birds and flowering trees, each more beautiful than the last.

I personally don't know if it's supposed to mean anything, but the last part sort of sounds like the end of winter.

Wolves and bright birds and flowering trees. Wolves is always going to be representative of the Starks in my mind. Bright birds sound like the birds that come from the Summer Isles. Trees flower when winter is over.

Mainly, though, it sounds like a whole lot of nothing at this point.

6 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

Wolves and bright birds and flowering trees.

Or wolves + bright birds + flowering trees = Starks + ravens, with souls of Children inside them + Weirwood Network, also with Childrens' souls inside it = Bran. 

21 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

As we see so often notice the pattern of three threes: 1. i. crimson firelions, ii. great yellow serpents, iii. pale blue unicorns, 2. i. fish, ii, foxes, iii, monsters, 3. i. wolves, ii. bright birds, iii. flowering trees.

If those are not banners of 7K's Houses, then maybe those threes should be added together? For example the last three together could be Bran. And that's whom Dany will meet at the end of her path. Thus the other two trinities, could be representing what will be in the beginning of her path, and in the middle of it.

11 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

I personally don't know if it's supposed to mean anything, but the last part sort of sounds like the end of winter.

Wolves and bright birds and flowering trees. Wolves is always going to be representative of the Starks in my mind. Bright birds sound like the birds that come from the Summer Isles. Trees flower when winter is over.

Mainly, though, it sounds like a whole lot of nothing at this point.

:lol: Truer words have never been spoken!

11 hours ago, Megorova said:

Or wolves + bright birds + flowering trees = Starks + ravens, with souls of Children inside them + Weirwood Network, also with Childrens' souls inside it = Bran. 

If those are not banners of 7K's Houses, then maybe those threes should be added together? For example the last three together could be Bran. And that's whom Dany will meet at the end of her path. Thus the other two trinities, could be representing what will be in the beginning of her path, and in the middle of it.

How would pale unicorns allude to Bran? 

1 hour ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

How would pale unicorns allude to Bran? 

Bran? :huh: I said that Bran could be third trinity - wolves+birds+trees. And first two trinities is something else (lions+serpents+unicorns, fish+fox+monsters).

First trinity could be something biblical. Like lion is a second treason, the one for gold, by Hizdahr, who is a Judah - traitor.

"Judah is a lion's whelp; From the prey, my son, you have gone up He couches, he lies down as a lion, And as a lion, who dares rouse him up?" - Genesis 49:9.

Serpent could be Dany's experience in solitude in Dothraki Sea. Jesus, prior his execution, went to the desert, and was tested there by Satan/serpent. By the end of her trial, Dany accepted who she is - the blood of the dragon.

Unicorns could be Dany, leading slaves out of Slaver's Bay, to save them from Harpy.

"Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns." - Psalm 22:21.

Ex-slaves, Dany's children - "Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?" - Job 39:9.

She freed them from slavery, and made them her army. "God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows." - Numbers 24:8.

Could be that those visions are references to Bible, or to mythology, or that could be banners of 7K. It could be anything. But I think, that it's not nothing. It definitely means something. We just don't know what. GRRM is very crafty, with how he writes.

Archived