Name a surprise character who could be king/queen at the end

PCK

In this thread pick an unexpected character who you think could be king and explain why.

Varys. Possibly has Targaryen descent, maybe from Brightflame. Proven to be an excellent player in the game of thrones. As the master of whispers, would know who to keep an eye on and who's truly loyal. Peace for at least a decade or more. Although succession issues would arise due to his eunuch status. 

Gilly's baby with Craster.

There is a symbolic connection between Lyanna Stark and Gilly - (we believe) Lyanna gets Ned to promise to take care of her baby; Gilly asks Jon (as brother of the King) to help her escape Craster and protect her baby. Jon doesn't help, but Sam Tarly does.

And it would just be so weird and unexpected, and GRRM is good at that.

25 minutes ago, Lord Wraith said:

Edric Storm legitimized. I mean he is from Robert who was the last king. Doubtful but would be surprising.

Surprising is all this thread asks for. 

14 minutes ago, PCK said:

Say Jon's claim were known and recognized, but he refuses the throne. Bran actually would be his next closest living male heir.

Wrong half.

Patchface.

Somebody had to say it.

It is little known that when Lord Steffon Baratheon failed to find a suitable bride for Prince Rhaegar in Volantis he did find a young and very clever Valyrian boy from a very important but formerly unkown branch of the Targaryen family.  Unfortunately spending days on the the floor of the ocean kind of messed him up but he be fixed up because magic and claimed his rightful place on the Iron Throne. 

6 hours ago, The Bastards Giant Friend said:

Sweetrobin, not because i want him to but because his army and LF and maybe Sansa not letting LF kill him. Idk, left field.

There's support for this in the subtext, I think. He fits the bill of Horus, who became Pharaoh after Set killed his brother Osiris, making Osiris king of the Underworld. Isis, the sister / wife of Osiris, got magically pregnant and gave birth to Horus who killed Set.

5 hours ago, Luddagain said:

Bronn

He gets the throne via Lollys whom I think is actually the granddaughter of Daeron's feeble witted daughter.

Perhaps we get King Tyrion the little one

I think there are also signs pointing to something here, maybe having to do with the small folk and a king who will be "of the people."

Hadn't thought about Lollys' family tree. That would be a nice bit of evidence.

Another baby candidate: Lady Ermesande Hayford, the baby / wife of the missing Tyrek Lannister. Although I think she might actually represent the Lannister equivalent of Craster's sacrificed baby boys, not necessarily royal material.

Not a surprising "who" perhaps, but "how."

The Starks become the kings in the North again, segregating themselves from the South.  Then, the Vale joins the kingdom (thanks to Sansa's influence on SR).  Then the islands of the Crownlands (ie those houses from the Crownlands currently loyal to Stannis) join the KitN.  Due do ever growing tension with KL (from Cersei, Daenerys, Euron), other kingdoms join "the North" as well, until all of Westeros  (except KL) has joined the Starks' kingdom. 

Hot Pie.

Due to the success of his delicious baked goods he opens a chain of pie restaurants which turn him into an exceptionally wealthy man. After reading a book about The Baker that was Promised, he comes to believe that he must force his baking on all of Westeros and eventually the world. He hires an army of sellswords, The Golden Brown Company (or maybe it was the WindScones), and takes the Iron Throne by force.

Alternately, he wins the crown in a high stakes episode of Iron (Throne) Chef.

Archived