US Politics: Lock Him Up!

Fragile Bird

Well, if his phones were tapped, only the FBI could do it, and I don't think the FBI is giving him briefings on their Russia investigation, so is there a leak in the FBI informing President I-hate-all-leakers-especially-those-who-leak-secret-info?

And the POTUS would have access to all applications made to the secret wiretap court, so why doesn't he come out and say he has seen the application?

And why does Trump keep tweeting stuff like he was a powerless private citizen, and not the most powerful individual in the world?

If any phone in the Trump Tower was tapped, doesn't this strengthen the need for an independent investigation?

If Obama did not have a secret team of plumbers in the WH wiretapping Trump, I think Trump is going to be the one who will be facing a law suit. Or are presidents protected from any kind of law suit for any action taken or statement made while in office? Wasn't that the big thing about the sexual harassment law suit against Clinton, that a president can only be sued for matters that happened when they were not president?

Of course, Trump probably watched Fox news and heard Obama was conducting a coup against him.

It's bad enough the US is acting like East Germany, recruiting taxi drivers to be informants, is the next step the US acting like Turkey? When do the arrests of opposition forces start?

8 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Trump has spent the morning tweeting about Obama wiretapping his phones in Trump Tower.  

He goes on to say "look Obama also met with the Russians and Obama made Sessions do it!"  It almost seems like Trump is getting scared.  

This shows just how stupid Trump actually is. Once elected President, you are expected to interact with representatives of foreign governments. In other words, it was Obama's JOB to talk to ambassadors. It was not Jeffie's job to do so. You are showing your stupidity Donnie.

4 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Trump has spent the morning tweeting about Obama wiretapping his phones in Trump Tower.  

He goes on to say "look Obama also met with the Russians and Obama made Sessions do it!"  It almost seems like Trump is getting scared.  

The POTUS doesn't wiretap, the FBI does.  

So, what is he saying?

That the FBI had wired his tower of doom to investigate the very many shady characters, to put it mildly, who had leases in it, including, um, perhaps himself?  But in the meantime, as we've seen with Comey, the FBI's in his pocketses.  So wtf is he saying?  Beyond his paranoid, make it up as little fat fingers fly on android keyboard because Breitbart, that citadel and font of all non-fax lies, says so?

This is what happens when his minders are busy with religious observances -- the fat child goes on rampages.  So much for presidential.  Feh.

In the meantime though, the reveaked network of the regime's staffers and boss with Russian staffers and bosses, continues to expand -- NY Times so pay wall:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/us/politics/trump-russia-links-washington.html?

Guys, I posted the source of Trumps rant. It's the Breitbart article about Mark Levins rant. It's not Trump getting access to secret information or being told anything.

That being said, by saying this out loud, he might have de-classified the FISA warrant which might make it harder to prosecute anyone if there are further leaks about it. We have known this for months, but with Trump now talking about it in the open, more information might come out over few days. Trump is not very smart.

Also wonder if Obama will have cause to sue over this given the lack of evidence behind the accusations.

44 minutes ago, maarsen said:

This shows just how stupid Trump actually is. Once elected President, you are expected to interact with representatives of foreign governments. In other words, it was Obama's JOB to talk to ambassadors. It was not Jeffie's job to do so. You are showing your stupidity Donnie.

He doesn't care. The tactic with the Sessions thing at the moment is clear: throw smoke for the benefit of Trump loyalists and doubters. Any Democrat who met any Russian for any reason, shout about it as loud as you can.

3 hours ago, Leap said:
The problem with dredging up every legitimate meeting any Dem every had with a Russian is then one can go back to all the Bushes's meetings with Russians.

What the T-olinis etc. have done are very different -- they weren't even in office. They weren't even elected.  Plus he still isn't releasing tax returns etc.  What is he afraid for people to see, hmmmmm? :D

Not to mention that he's purely unhinged and unfit to babysit, much less sit in the Oval Office.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

The POTUS doesn't wiretap, the FBI does.  

So, what is he saying?

That the FBI had wired his tower of doom to investigate the very many shady characters, to put it mildly, who had leases in it, including, um, perhaps himself?  But in the meantime, as we've seen with Comey, the FBI's in his pocketses.  So wtf is he saying?  Beyond his paranoid, make it up as little fat fingers fly on android keyboard because Breitbart, that citadel and font of all non-fax lies, says so?

This is what happens when his minders are busy with religious observances -- the fat child goes on rampages.  So much for presidential.  Feh.

In the meantime though, the reveaked network of the regime's staffers and boss with Russian staffers and bosses, continues to expand -- NY Times so pay wall:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/us/politics/trump-russia-links-washington.html?

No, it was most definately Obama. Dressed as UPS guy (including those ridiculous shorts). Michelle was the lookout, while Biden distracted the security at Foolty Towers. He did that by posing as blue collar white Trump voter from Pennsylvania complaining about the prices at the restaurant. Hillary was also somehow involved. I have no idea how yet. Just let your fantasy run wild.

11 minutes ago, Triskan said:

And it could not have been more obvious that this was true before he was elected.  The reality that this guy is President still shocks me.

There's definitely a slow-motion car crash aspect to the inevitability of all this. Even some aspects that seemed to have caught some off guard, like the 'Presidential' buzz after his talk...IMO that's predictable. Americans want/need to believe in the office of the President regardless of how much they disagree with any current holder. It's almost like the medieval concept of a king being anointed; they will suddenly be given automatic degrees of gravitas and dignitas and all that just by taking office. Not everyone, and not consistently, but for many at any given opportunity. And there's also what Dan Carlin calls America's Gollum complex involved; America really, really, really wants to believe an idealogical mythology about itself that just doesn't jibe with it's actual material ambitions/actions, so you get an amazing amount of almost conscious mass self-deception, and electing an idiot to the highest office is another piece that doesn't fit the desired narrative of almost any American, regardles of party. So there are parts of everyone that wants to kind of raise the floor, even if it runs contrary to their conscious political views and goals. (We're already seeing a slight nostalgia being applied to Dubya's run, the illegal war/torture/prison camp guy.)

Couple that with the normal lowering of the bar that inevitably happens with any repeatedly 'controversial' figure, and I was not surprised at how everything we know was temporarily forgotten in the light of an opportunity to tell ourselves something about us we want to hear. 

The one aspect that has caught me off guard was more about personal perspective. I kinda got myself to a place where I thought, in the moments you could overlook the untold suffering to minorities and the seeming enthusiasm for reinvigorating CW nuclear brinkmanship, that the bizarre nature of a Trump presidency would lead to moments of entrainment and dark comedy, but really that's been missing for me. It's just been depressing and weird and surreal. And like most terrible political eras, I think it's not going to be resolved in tah-dah moments of clarity, but rather a protracted and deeply depressing decline and gradual retraction. Read about the victims of McCarthyism, for example. What few redemption/vindication moments happen are like decades later, usually pretty small and hard to see amid the grey wasteland of shattered lives that fill out the picture.

34 minutes ago, Triskan said:

And it could not have been more obvious that this was true before he was elected.  The reality that this guy is President still shocks me.

CNN reminded me this morning that the first thing the last batshit crazy president, Nixon, did when he became president was to have a secret investigation into whether or not LBJ had wiretapped him during the campaign.

6 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

CNN reminded me this morning that the first thing the last batshit crazy president, Nixon, did when he became president was to have a secret investigation into whether or not LBJ had wiretapped him during the campaign.

People tend to think everyone is just like them. If the situation had been reversed Tricky Dick would have certainly wiretapped  LBJ.

3 minutes ago, maarsen said:

People tend to think everyone is just like them. If the situation had been reversed Tricky Dick would have certainly wiretapped  LBJ.

Exactly. Every time I hear Trump or one of his surrogates say something outrageous, the thought that crosses my mind is 'you said that because that's precisely what you did or would have done if you could have.'

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

Exactly. Every time I hear Trump or one of his surrogates say something outrageous, the thought that crosses my mind is 'you said that because that's precisely what you did or would have done if you could have.'

Do you have the same problem imputing nice motives to other people as your default? 

20 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Do you have the same problem imputing nice motives to other people as your default? 

That depends on the person, doesn't it? You expect a good, generous person to be good and generous.

Do you think I believe Trump when he says he does all kinds of secret charity work?

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

Yeah, I still can't wrap my head around it. I think a big part of my denial is tied up in that I refuse to believe that half the voting public is this stupid. I need some sort of Russian Hack of the voting machines reveal to properly understand this.

33 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

That depends on the person, doesn't it? You expect a good, generous person to be good and generous.

Do you think I believe Trump when he says he does all kinds of secret charity work?

:lmao: That's  no.

Amazing. Another person connected to Trump/Russia has died. Alex Oronov who set up the meeting between Cohen, Sater and Artemenko to create that back channel "peace" plan where Ukraine leases Crimea to Russia and USA removes the sanctions died 2 days ago. Putin is really cleaning house. Think we are up to 6 or 7 deaths since December. That is, unless all of this is a big ole coincidence...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/new-development-on-the-michael-cohen-peace-plan-meeting

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I still can't wrap my head around it. I think a big part of my denial is tied up in that I refuse to believe that half the voting public is this stupid. I need some sort of Russian Hack of the voting machines reveal to properly understand this.

You know how you can be in the shower in the morning and random thoughts just randomly pop into your head regardless of what you actually meant to think about?  Today's thought for me: "Jesus, we're going to have to go through the farce of a state funeral for this jackass someday..."

38 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

You know how you can be in the shower in the morning and random thoughts just randomly pop into your head regardless of what you actually meant to think about?  Today's thought for me: "Jesus, we're going to have to go through the farce of a state funeral for this jackass someday..."

Not ... if ... he's removed from office.

Archived