Who should common man in Westeros follow

Putin

Imagine you are common man who serves to for example house Selmy from Stormlands.You have 3 different orders from different persons ,so which one person you should listen.

- Leader of House Selmy.

- Leader of house Baratheon rulers of Stormlands.

- King on the iron throne.

You follow your lord (selmy). You've pledged fealty to him and he's pledged fealty to the Baratheons who recognize the authority of the king. But you've technically not sworn anything to the king. You just obey his (the kings) laws because you live on lands your lord was given by the lord he is sworn to, who has accepted the kings peace and acknowledges the kings authority or dominion over everything. That's why we never read about "oh house glover only mustered half its strength because the other half chose to follow the king in kings landing instead of the KiTN that their lord follows."

Writing that made me think of Tropic Thunder; "I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

3 minutes ago, The Bastards Giant Friend said:

You follow your lord (selmy). You've pledged fealty to him and he's pledged fealty to the Baratheons who recognize the authority of the king. But you've technically not sworn anything to the king. You just obey his (the kings) laws because you live on lands your lord was given by the lord he is sworn to, who has accepted the kings peace and acknowledges the kings authority or dominion over everything. That's why we never read about "oh house glover only mustered half its strength because the other half chose to follow the king in kings landing instead of the KiTN that their lord follows."

Writing that made me think of Tropic Thunder; "I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude."

Reading that made me thirsty for some sweet sweet Booty Sweat.

errr... SOMEONE GET ME A DIET COKE!

Archived