Pictionary 35: What about a themed one?

Buckwheat

Welcome to the second pictionary game in 2017 and 35th on the board (if my count is correct, which it probably isn't)! :)

A big thank you for all the previous hosts, especially Pebble with her last game that banned gerbils.Yadda yadda.

Here are the usual rules that I am shamelessly copying from Pebbs. If you have already played, you are free to skip this part:

Spoiler

RULES

The game proceeds as follows:

1. Send me a PM entitled *YOUR BOARD NAME* - Pictionary 33 containing a starting sentence

2. I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or otherwise art) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of the picture in the PM chain.

4. I'll keep sending round the pictures and sentences in alternating rounds - I am looking at four picture and five sentence rounds this time around.

5. I'll post all the results for your amusement and delectation.

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. Don't go crazy with the subclauses. The spirit of what you think is being shown is more important than the details - your interpretation is what we want!

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and photograph/scan it, or use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity. For example, in the past there has been plasticine pictionary.

The only restrictions are:

It must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it, and should be rotated to be the correct way round.

Players

I am looking for seven players at the very least. Nine is what I hope for, but more is even better because the extra players can fill in as replacements when needed.

You are free to sign in anonymously/as a mystery player in PM.

*List of players here* Bolded have submitted their artwork for the current round.

Have fun playing!

We have not had a themed game in some time, so I am proposing some themes for a starting sentence if the majority of players want to play a themed game:

1. Movie/TV quotes.

2. Known historic artwork (as in, your starting sentence includes a reference to the Sistine Chapel or something)

3. ??? Whatever you think of.

I am giving a few days to sign in, depending on how quickly we get enough players, but not more than a week.

Sign me up as a maybe. I've time now but of course it depends how long it takes to fill the game up. Will update if I cant do participate anymore.

Eta: not fussed as to a theme, as long as interpretations of the theme can be loose 

1 hour ago, Turinqui-Calima said:

I really want to play, but I'll have a very busy period end of March and early April. Let me know if you want me to be a stand in, or if you want me to try to play anyways?

If I'm playing I'm happy with any theme.

Well, only you can know how much time you can commit to the game. Of course I like many people to join, but I do not want half the people drop out.

Maybe you and @HelenaExMachina can team up and play as one.

Looks like many are busy at the time and I must admit I will probably also have to focus on other stuff for some time. So I think it is better we give this a pause for a few weeks and revisit it later.

If anybody wants to host and finds enough people to play, you are free to start a new game, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do we not play pictionary anymore?

although to be honest I can't play for the next two weeks.   But I do have an awesomely evil sentence ready.

But I could play on the 12th May   or host then if no-one else does.    (I'm away the week before so won't be online to check anything.)

Just now, Pebble said:

Do we not play pictionary anymore?

although to be honest I can't play for the next two weeks.   But I do have an awesomely evil sentence ready.

But I could play on the 12th May   or host then if no-one else does.    (I'm away the week before so won't be online to check anything.)

Did you mean June? 

I can play any time after 5 June, and would be excited about a game.

Archived