5 Pre-Conquest Westerosi Kings you'd want a full length novel about

Canon Claude

Based on what we know of the world of Ice and Fire, specifically Westeros, which five of the many pre-Conquest kings would you like to read about in their own books?

For my part, I'd go with Theon Stark, Princess Nymeria, Tristifier Mudd, Tommen II Lannister, and Durran Godsgrief.

• Arlan III, because it would be nice to see the Stormlands at their full strength with the Riverlands being conquered
  • Lancel I, the most powerful Lannister king
  • Qhored Hoare, it would be intresting to see the days which the Ironborn now dream of happening
  • Gyles III, becuase the guy led the Reach at the apex of its power but was not able to permanently enlarge it to see why that was
  • Durran XXI, to see how he was successful aganist the Andals

4 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

That book will have a pretty abrupt ending, though, if we're going by pre-conquest.

So? It would still be interesting. The guy is faced with the collapse of the Storm Kings, and he stems the tide. Then at the end of the story, he comes back flush with his latest victory, yet worried that he can't go on like this forever. His steward approaches him and declares that a messenger has come from Dragonstone, serving Aegon Targaryen. An ominous ending, with a lesson that no matter how hard you might try and strive, sometimes life decides to crush you and all you hold dear.

My number pick is definetly Benedict the Just ,  beginning as a bastard of bitter rival Houses Blackwood and Bracken , he then goes on to become a knight who would then further go on to unite the petty kings of the Riverlands and become a King.

The story would have alot of the material needed to keep it interesting it could even become a series of books.

-He's a bastard who becomes a knight known as Benedict the Bold.

-Both his parents houses hate each other but both show him support.

-How about the story of how he even came to be? A doomed Romeo and Juiet romance perhaps?

-What drove a knight to become a King and conqueror?

To finish it off we have a classic fairytale ending with the disliked bastard becoming a great King with a lasting legacy.

Also i think Tristifer Mudd could be a great short story but couldnt really carry a full series of books it would just be constant war not much room for anything else , he is going to have those 99 battles then the inevitable final battle , but that final battle could become an epic tale of surviving against overwhelming odds then being heroicly annhialated.

So thats the 2 i would enjoy reading about , but i guess the OP asked for 5 so heres the other 3

1.Benedict the Just

2. Tristifer Mudd

3. Princess Nymeria 

4.Loren Lannister

5.Theon Stark

1. Tristifer IV Mudd, the Hammer of Justice of course (he is my avatar after all hehehe)

2. Joramun, the King Beyond the Wall

3. Benedict Justman

4. Artys Arryn OR Robar II Royce

5. Some Stark King pre-Andal invasion

Note: I left historic characters out (like Brandon the Builder, the Grey King, Garth Greenhand etc) because we don't know if they were real or not

Archived