Lord of Light is responsible for everything

UFT

crackpot theory but i just thought of it because i was reading something about baelish. and how in the show, davos said any god that makes you burn kids is evil.

"He" is the Kaguya Otsutsuki of GOT essentially and is working for the Great Other. everything thats happened is all so the Great Other can return back into this world and reclaim it. 

he whispered in the ear of lords for centuries to war with each other. he manipulated baelish into starting both robert's rebellion and war of five kings. 

his red priestesses are just reviving people that is needed for the war to come. eventually beric is gonna get turned into an Other, for example. he created the horn of winter, and even destroyed Valyria.

he manipulated everyone and everything to reach this point, the point of the war of the Dawn and final battle for Westeros.

Thatd be lame and wouldnt fit the themes of the story and the writing style of grrm at all, and in addition, there are no hints for gods to actually exist and give a shit about the characters. characters. And why would rhllor and the great other work together? There would be no point if the whole story is about an almighty god and not about people. 

There seems to be a strong anti-religious undercurrent to GRRM's writing, which I really enjoy.

I've noticed that the only 'gods' that seem to wield any kind of power in his books are the truly evil ones. Lord of Light, the Other (which I think is somehow related to the Drowned God as well).

The Seven seem utterly impotent, but remain influential only because of their overzealous bureaucracy crackpot believers. The old gods seem no more than passive spectators, a spinoff of native animism. The Dothraki's Great Stallion, Mother of the Mountains, etc, pointless mythology.

My favorite line regarding religion as a whole is from Tyrion in ADWD. “Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical, the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It's the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble.”

So true!

37 minutes ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

I'm atheist don't try and push your red god on me.

LOL!!! This made my day.

5 hours ago, JoeMama said:

There seems to be a strong anti-religious undercurrent to GRRM's writing, which I really enjoy.

I've noticed that the only 'gods' that seem to wield any kind of power in his books are the truly evil ones. Lord of Light, the Other (which I think is somehow related to the Drowned God as well).

The Seven seem utterly impotent, but remain influential only because of their overzealous bureaucracy crackpot believers. The old gods seem no more than passive spectators, a spinoff of native animism. The Dothraki's Great Stallion, Mother of the Mountains, etc, pointless mythology.

My favorite line regarding religion as a whole is from Tyrion in ADWD. “Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical, the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It's the ones who believe in gods who make the trouble.”

So true!

I agree! It seems like GRRM included all these conflicting ideologies to prove that it's all bullshit. I don't think the magic has anything to do with religion in the series.

6 hours ago, JoeMama said:

So true!

Agreed. GRRM is brilliant in his lampooning of religion.

Also if the Lord of Light and Great Other exist this might as well be the Wheel of Time, which I love but don't want this to be. Or any other number of fantasies with a "Dark Lord", but if it's close to any of those it's probably Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn.

Spoiler

I could totally see the leader of the others being a CotF who was so enraged by the genocide of his people he did something that ended up corrupting him into complete evil.

I don't even think there will be a battle for the dawn though. GRRM is a hippie who grew up during the Vietnam War. Everything he writes, if it address war at all, is to be anti-war thematically. The Armageddon Rag is particularly telling.

Archived