College Basketball: Tournament Time

S John

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

Wow, Seton Hall completely jobbed.  Refs called a flagrant foul on an end of game intentional foul. That's just trash.

Totally ridiculous.  Yet another potentially exciting finish goes up in smoke.

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:
2 hours ago, sperry said:

Yep, 16-29 for the game, pretty routinely doing nothing on offense for 27 seconds and draining contested 3s. It was tough to watch.

One, I hate the quote function. 

Secondly, this is how any Bielein team plays. That's not them pulling stuff out their ass, it's the offense. If Michigan plays some D, they have a chance to make a real run in this tournament. Everyone talks like their season  turned around after the plane wreck, but the had won like 8 of 9 before that and was coming together. Their hot. A dangerous team to be sure. 

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Wow, Seton Hall completely jobbed.  Refs called a flagrant foul on an end of game intentional foul. That's just trash.

I took Seton Hall also. I havent done well in this bracket with my upset picks, to be sure. But, nothing in my bracket has been busted yet. My Sweet 16 is all still there so far.

And we have a real upset!  USC takes its first lead with ~1 minute to go, the teams trade 3s, then trade missed 1 and 1s, then SMU misses the game winning shot. 

Exciting finish, I was surprised SMU didn't call a timeout down 1 with ~10 seconds left.  The look they got wasn't bad, contested 10 footer.  But it didn't fall.   

Just now, sperry said:

That's terrible offense, designed or not. No wonder Michigan routinely underperforms relative to the talent on their roster.

That may be the case. But the rely on cuts either to the ball or rim, and picks for 3. And, they shoot a ton of 3's. Belein coached WVU when Pittsnogle lit up the tourney.

20 minutes ago, Week said:

1.000 ;)

0.955 :(

4 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

And we have a real upset!  USC takes its first lead with ~1 minute to go, the teams trade 3s, then trade missed 1 and 1s, then SMU misses the game winning shot. 

Exciting finish, I was surprised SMU didn't call a timeout down 1 with ~10 seconds left.  The look they got wasn't bad, contested 10 footer.  But it didn't fall.   

DAMN THEE USC (and SMU)!

20 minutes ago, sperry said:

Ugh, another team I picked sight unseen that is just awful: Creighton.

Rhode Island is really good, especially defensively. They had a rough early season with all their injuries but are healthy now. It's why I have them into the Sweet 16.

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I getting really sick of that d-bag singing the Armageddon theme song...

Could be worse.  We could have that five... five dollar foot long song every other commercial again.

Scoochie Smith is my new favorite name btw

Archived