College Basketball: Tournament Time

S John

2 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I getting really sick of that d-bag singing the Armageddon theme song...

I've had enough of Spike, Chuck, and Samuel L. over the last two days to last me for the rest of my life. Not to mention the kids singing with their mouths full of Gatorade bars.

32 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I've had enough of Spike, Chuck, and Samuel L. over the last two days to last me for the rest of my life. Not to mention the kids singing with their mouths full of Gatorade bars.

It sure would be nice if they could diversify a bit.

1 minute ago, Joe Pesci said:

Switched to the Marquette/SC game and was instantly reminded of just how big of a douche Wojo was/is.

Never forget

30 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Switched to the Marquette/SC game and was instantly reminded of just how big of a douche Wojo was/is.

Not only is he a douche, but he's taught his douchiness to his players!!! They are gelled up tools with really tight, v neck jerseys. It's outrageous how douchey this team is.

9 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

That may be the case. But the rely on cuts either to the ball or rim, and picks for 3. And, they shoot a ton of 3's. Belein coached WVU when Pittsnogle lit up the tourney.

Yep, that's just Beilien ball.  WVU was absolutely lethal from 3 once he got it going in Morgantown.  It's a very interesting contrasts from the Huggs squads where sometimes you'd almost give a testicle for a lights out shooter.  Beilein is O first, shoot to kill, while Huggs is D first relying on being physical and getting rebounds and turnovers to make the difference. 

we'll see those philosophies match up tomorrow with ND and WVU. 

2 hours ago, S John said:

Yep, that's just Beilien ball.  WVU was absolutely lethal from 3 once he got it going in Morgantown.  It's a very interesting contrasts from the Huggs squads where sometimes you'd almost give a testicle for a lights out shooter.  Beilein is O first, shoot to kill, while Huggs is D first relying on being physical and getting rebounds and turnovers to make the difference. 

we'll see those philosophies match up tomorrow with ND and WVU. 

We just need some good guard play on Offense and I think we'll be ok. Let me ask you this, because I need to know if I'm the only one that sees it. But, is Elijah Macon the softest big man you've ever seen? I mean physically he is a beast, but he just plays so damn soft. That center from Bucknell ate him up. 

The only deviations from Chalk in my sweet 16 are Iowa State and UVA, which aren't exactly "out there" picks. WVU over Zaga is my only deviation from chalk for the elite 8. I would have several upsets if I could go back and change though:  South Carolina over Duke, Cincinnati over UCLA, MTSU over Butler and Wichita State over Kentucky.

I hope the selection committee learns from the ridiculousness of this year and stops putting the top mid-majors against each other in the first round. It makes for a significantly less interesting first weekend.

5 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

We just need some good guard play on Offense and I think we'll be ok. Let me ask you this, because I need to know if I'm the only one that sees it. But, is Elijah Macon the softest big man you've ever seen? I mean physically he is a beast, but he just plays so damn soft. That center from Bucknell ate him up. 

Bucknell's big man was pretty legit though, we caught a break with him in foul trouble for a lot of the game. We are definitely better when Macon is playing well, which is not as often as I'd like for sure.  Watkins is the one that kills me.  

Notre Dame is making me physically ill. This white kid Rex Pfhluger (seriously, change your fucking name) looks like he's never taken three steps without flailing like a drowning man in his life. And Farrell is just as bad with his stupid little beard. 

Seriously, the boys on my highschool team could have beat these bums. Throwing up 30 footers every possession like they're Steph Curry. 

Archived